Where do i start?

Hi all. This is my first visit to the forum. I've had a look around to try and get some info but must admit that I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I'm 36 and I've been smoking for about 20 years. I smoke about 15-20 Choice Blue per day, and it's needless to say that my lungs have taken a hamering. That's why I'm really keen to try Vaping as a method of hopefully quitting for good.

But where do I start. I found this: http://www.ecigswarehouse.com.au/ which seems like a good place to buy what I need, but I really don't know what I need. I guess I just want something that contains nicotine and tastes like a cigarette.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome.
    Aussie vendors cannot by law sell nicotine so you will have to go overseas for that. Try Health Cabin or other Chinese sellers. Though all of China are Holidays at the moment.

The Chinese seem pretty fast if you use EMS, then it is probably best if you buy all your gear there at first for the sake of postage.

Though I do prefer to go with Aussie vendors.

RC

Quote Originally Posted by brettvh View Post
    Hi all. This is my first visit to the forum. I've had a look around to try and get some info but must admit that I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I'm 36 and I've been smoking for about 20 years. I smoke about 15-20 Choice Blue per day, and it's needless to say that my lungs have taken a hamering. That's why I'm really keen to try Vaping as a method of hopefully quitting for good.

But where do I start. I found this: http://www.ecigswarehouse.com.au/ which seems like a good place to buy what I need, but I really don't know what I need. I guess I just want something that contains nicotine and tastes like a cigarette.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi,

Can be pretty daunting to start with but once you get your first lot of gear and start it becomes much easier, especially with the wealth of knowledge and help available here.

I would start looking at this thread even though some if it may be confusing it is a great place to start.

As already mentioned due to Chinese holidays ATM, you are probably going to have a look to US based vendors for nic juice. A lot of more experienced members will be able to point you in the right direction there.

Also as you will read in the thread I linked you will find that no ecig juice tastes like a regular cigarette, although most people find that in no time you will prefer the ecig flavours to a regular cigarette.

EGO-T 1000Mah; GoGo; Provari; JIB x 2

Thanks for your replies. Which brands do people recommend?

CCC
    I would recommend the eGo, it comes in a few different models, to start out though i think the easiest is the 2 piece system, by that i mean a battery and a cartomizer. Starter kits are available with everything you need to get started like this one http://www.madvapes.com/eGo-LR-Carto...it_p_3420.html This kit comes with 5 cartomizers, which will last you aproximatly 1 week each. This kit also comes with 10ml of e-liquid that you will use to put into your cartomizers. 10ml will probably last you around 5 days, so it is worth getting more e-liquid with this kit (also sold on this site). As for nicotine strength, you may need to get a few to see where you are at, but generally 24mg is a good place to start.

Super Moderator
    Welcome to AVF Brett. If you decide to go down the path of the eGo, most Aussie vendors stock this. Will be a lot quicker shipment wise and will allow you to have a play with the setup whilst waiting for nicotine juice. Have a look through the vendors section for some locals.
    Cheers and good luck mate.

we used to have a suggested starter kit thread .. just looked for it and I am blowed if I can find it now.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Yeah.. Wondered that yesterday. You did that not too long after I first chatted to you, I remember reading it.

well, i reckon we start another one and add voting options.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    well, i reckon we start another one and add voting options.
    Good idea Stoney