AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs

Suggestions for new users to convert from Tobacco use to using E-Cigarettes

Hi People

I have recently started work in a new location. I have been inundated with questions with regard to me Vaping at work and the management have accepted it big time. I work in the oil industry and even thinking of smoking on location will get you a quick ticket home.

In order to take the easy route, I have put together a couple of sheets of paper that I can print and hand out with the managements blessing. They are paying for the paper and ink so what do I care??

The next post will be my thoughts, based on questions asked so far. Any thoughts on what can be added or removed? I intentionally have avoided specifics, but left it to the individual to do his own research. The intention was is to give pointers and point out the possibilities.

Input would be appreciated??
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Suggestions for new users to convert from Tobacco use to using E-Cigarettes.

First buy a starter kit, of which there are many types. Get the cheapest available, and this will give you an idea if Vaping, as its known will be for you.

If you can go for a week, replacing most of your tobacco use, with your electronic cigarette, there is a good chance that you will be able to wean yourself off tobacco.

During this week, research electronic cigarette use. The are plenty of forums with a wealth of advice about the subject. One such forum is www.aussievapers.com. You will get a good idea about the hardware and nicotine liquid available, and where to buy for the best prices. There are plenty of like minded helpful people there who are very patient and will be only too happy to answer all your “Noob” questions.

At this time, nicotine liquid is not available for retail sale in Australia. It must be imported from overseas, which is quite legal. The stated amount that is allowed is three months supply. This quantity is hard to quantify, but a fairly heavy ex smoker may use 6ml per day, so 90 days supply would be just over half a litre, however most people will be good with two to four ml per day. Overseas shipping can take from seven days to three weeks, depending on shipping methods used. Its not difficult to organize, so you can overlap your orders, so you never run out. It’s a big plus, for convenience to have a PayPal account, although not essential. Credit card and debit cards are mostly accepted.

Nicotine free liquid is available from plenty of vendors in Australia and overseas. A lot of people buy flavorless nicotine liquid overseas, and just add flavor from vendors in Australia The trick here is to buy high strength nicotine liquid overseas, and dilute with flavorings and glycerin from Australia. This way you can cut down on your shipping costs, as 100ml of 48mg juice, will dilute to 200ml of 24mg juice, which a lot of people are happy with. These figures are open to change, depending on your taste. At the start, I recommend you buy a supply of flavored nicotine to get you started. Once you start doing your research you will find plenty of options to fine-tune. The forum mentioned above has a list of preferred venders for overseas and Australia.

You may think that the initial expense is high for the hardware?? Consider the cost of a packet of smokes, and you will realize that for the cost of five packets, you can be on the road to tobacco freedom. From then on, you will be saving money and your health.

A typical starter kit will consist of two Lithium polymer rechargeable batteries, two atomizes, and two cartridge or small tanks to hold the liquid. There will be a wall charger and usb cable that can be used with the wall charger, or plugged into your computer. This set up could cost up to seventy dollars, or as little as fifty. Vendors are always having sales and the prices do vary. Remember, this is your starter kit, and within a couple of months, you may want to move on and up. You will not manage on your own!!! Use the internet to research and join an internet forum. If at all possible, avoid any of the small stalls setting up in shopping malls, that sell kits that mimic a real cigarette. Typically they are poor value for money and expensive. Avoid internet scams where you get roped into a monthly supply of nicotine cartridges. They usually start with a free offer, and before you know it your credit card is hammered on a monthly basis for poor quality products. My suggestion is to buy your first order from a Chinese vendor. Reason being is that you can include Nicotine liquid at the same time. This will save you waiting, after getting your starter kit.

Without exception all the hardware is manufactured in China, and exported world wide. It can be rebranded and sold under different names by different vendors. For the most part, the kits and parts are interchangeable. This means that batteries from one vendor can be uses with parts from another. After your first starter kit, you will find you can mix and match. The common thread type that connects the bits and pieces is the “510” There are others, but this is the most common as well as the “eGo” type thread. This is an upgrade to the “510” and for the most part, interchangeable.

As I mentioned earlier, the chances of you succeeding, will increase dramatically when you join a forum.

One last thing. All the hardware you buy must be considered as consumables. The batteries are advertised as being rechargeable up to three hundred and fifty times. Like a phone battery they will die eventually. The atomizers and cartomizers will lose their efficiency, and you should always have spares on hand. Having said this, they are all refillable and can last a couple of weeks, or a few days, depending a how they are used and maintained. On the scale of things relating to tobacco use, having a stock of spares is more cost effective than having to trip out to buy some more cigarettes to tide you over until your next order arrives!!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof