Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hello and a few questions from a newbie!

Hello and a few questions from a newbie!

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this and sort of fumbling my way into vaping, still getting a grip on all the lingo but its not completely Japanese to me anymore. I'm very grateful for this site otherwise I'd have absolutely no idea at all! I just have a few questions I was hoping someone could give me a few pointers on...

I bought a joye ego-t 1000mah starter kit and some overflow prevention caps (although I have no idea what to actually do with them), and an assortment of flavoured and unflavoured juices with different strengths of nic plus some plain vg and pg. So far so good and I've cut down my smoking to 1/3 of what I was a week ago. But the juice periodically spills into my mouth or down the bottom of the atomiser onto the LED light even though I've screwed it on tightly and its bothering me. I read somewhere here to get some cartomisers, which ones work with the ego-t? I see them on various sites as fitting the 510 but don't know if its ok for the ego-t?

Also what spares should I get for the kit I have bought?

One more question (although there will probably be a lot more in weeks to come, my apologies if these things have already been covered) I was thinking of buying a smaller e-cig for going out- something that somewhat more resembles an analog in weight and size but I don't mind if it looks like one. Something with a good throat hit that I can refill and has 3-4 hours of battery life. I was thinking the smokestik but can you refill them... or any other suggestions? I have a fair few friends who smoke who would possibly be more interested in vaping if it was smaller and lighter than my ego-t... so something to help convince them to join the vaping cult would be nice

CCC
    The tank system on the eGo-T are notorius for leaking. One tip i can give you for that is when you insert your tank onto the atomizer, don't twist it, line it up then click it in, then no twisting.

You have 1000 mAh batteries with 510 threading, so any cartomizer you are looking at with a 510 threading will fit. The T in eGo-T is describing the tank system, not the battery.

A smaller option for you is an eGo 650 mAh battery, it is almost half the length of your 1000 mAhs, but the same thickness. The difference between them is how long they last, 1000 (aproximatly 10 hours vaping time) and the 650 (aproximatly 6 hours vaping time)

Anything smaller than this battery wise is going to last even less time. I own a smokestik and you can technically refill them but it is really a hassle because the bung on the end that you need to take out in order to put liquid in is made of hard plastic and removing them damages them.

I would recommend a 510 battery if you really want something smaller than the eGo 650. http://www.evape.com.au/products/510...d-Battery.html

AVF Regular
    The ego has a 510 thread surrounded by an ego thread so 510 threaded cartomizers will work.
    Most people start with the boge LR carto and use it as a point to measure other cartos by. Get a 5 pack of boges and some others to try. Kangers, smoktech dual coils. Again with carto's on an ego I sugest LR (low resistance) around 1.5 to 2.0 ohm range. (they may be just named LR or just named 1.5ohm etc or both) Of course this is all just advice and you can try SR if you want but most people like the LR on ego's.

Accessories.- If you're going to fill a carto and vape it, then an ego atomizer cone looks neater and some say gives a tighter daw and works like a drip shield. but a tank goes well with cartos. Holds more juice. The cartos need to be punched or slotted. There are some cheap tanks to test if you like them or not. Vapeking has the notta for XL cartos and baby notta for standard length cartos. Some other venders have smoketech tanks and I think Juicewhore has some coloured cheap tanks in.

also get some 510 drip tips to stick in your carto so you don't burn your lips.

That's enough of my advice for now. I'm sure plenty of others will give you more ideas. If your unsure about anything it's better to ask rather than buy something you can't use.
    Last edited by Thommo; 24-01-12 at 05:04 PM.

CCC
    Healthcabin has a great range of cartos that will fit onto your eGo batteries, and you may also want to get a cone, you slip the cone over cartos like boges to make your whole setup look sleeker. http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=7887

due to the fact that the ego's are regulated to a stupid low voltage of 3.4 you will need a very low resistance atomizer/cartomizer. the dual coil smoketeck are probably the best in flavor & vapor production.
    i would strongly recommend the Smoke tech 5 ml ego cartomizer for flavor vapor & hassle free vaping.
    you can find them here: http://www.ggecigs.net/index.php?_a=...&productId=198

i guess your next stage will be the 5V WOW kit,similar in size with a big punch!

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome bower bird
    Looks like you are on the right track
    I agree with what CCC says an ego 650 would be good for out and about cause the battery lasts longer. I didn't like the tanks because they tend to leak so I bought some boge 510 D LR cartomisers and use them on my ego 650 T battery. I just fill a few cartomisers with different juices put the silicone condom caps back on and change the cartomisers throughout the day for a variety of flavours.

I got this starter Kit which I use when out and about. The batteries only last a couple of hours but you can carry the extra battery in the personal charging case which is back up if the one you are using goes flat. You can also carry a couple of prefilled cartomisers in the charging case. I just like the fact that it looks like a cigarette and is less likely to get unwanted attention if that is what you want. This kit comes with 5 boge D LR cartomisers. Also it is nice to know it will be delivered in 1-2 days and is from a local vendor. I have been using my starter kit for 3 months now with no problems.

link
    http://www.juicewhore.com/store/inde...&productId=470

You are going to get lots of different advice from everyone here, but whatever you buy if it gets you off the cigarettes you are winning
    Best of luck with it all

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I would recommend a 510 battery if you really want something smaller than the eGo 650.
    Which plenty of local vendors sell at reasonable prices...
    gregds likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Hi and welcome bower bird
    I didn't like the tanks because they tend to leak
    Hey Margy,

I've only had tanks leak when I didn't fill them correctly. Other than once or twice in the beginning, I've had no leaks. Tanks are great because you can fill them in a minute (once you get the hang of it) and you're set for the whole day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Avguy View Post
    due to the fact that the ego's are regulated to a stupid low voltage of 3.4 you will need a very low resistance atomizer/cartomizer. the dual coil smoketeck are probably the best in flavor & vapor production.
    i would strongly recommend the Smoke tech 5 ml ego cartomizer for flavor vapor & hassle free vaping.
    you can find them here: www.ggecigs.net/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=198

i guess your next stage will be the 5V WOW kit,similar in size with a big punch!
    before going off on an another mini rant. try reading the actual questions and responding to them specifically.
    He isn't after more vapor, he wants something smaller and other things to try with ego batts that don't leak.
    There is nothing wrong with the 'stupid' low voltage of 3.2V .. its been chosen to coincide with the flat battery voltage so an eGo can produce consistency from full to flat.
    Throwing very LR attys at them is a good way to destroy them at times, throwing 2 heaters at them at once is the same thing. Stick with stuff around 2Ω or more at a minimum and an ego batt will last for ages.

To the OP:
    I used tank attys for some time and never had a leaking issue except with my first one which would leak occasionally but with no reason.
    things that can make them leak ..
    knocking them or simply having them in a pocket where they cop a lot of movement.
    temperature changes .. like being put in a hot car.
    overnight sitting with the battery side down.
    I found I could cart them around in my pocket if the tank was downwards.

Suggest trying 306LR attys .. will need a 306 drip tip and since this is a dripping excercise, good atty to see if you like dripping. best flavour of all the below options.
    the 510T are a good device, but I think you will find them wanting after an ego T .. pass
    there is normal 510 attys and carts to suit to try out .. again sad after ego T .. pass
    ego A and B mega attys are probably better, take a bit to warm up but when working .. work really well. they are the precursors to the T atty, similar performance and a bit of a learning curve to get right, spend a few weeks with them and I think you will convert to them though.
    then cartos .. the boge LR are cheap and readily available, flavour is down on many atty types, but is better than an egoT, if you like the cartos then a tank can be added to last all day. CE2 types have great flavour but wicking issues and a pain to fill.
    As mentioned before, I don't recommend dual coil cartos for ego batterys at all. You may end cooking them. I think its a bit rough as joyetech who make the batterys do not make any attys or cartos of the resistance likely to cause issues and yet have to deal with the warranty claims when people insist on thrashing them.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by juddyau View Post
    Which plenty of local vendors sell at reasonable prices...
    I was just going to say the same thing Juddyau. Our local vendors have everything a newbie needs, minus the nic. As Aussies, I feel we should all be recommending out local suppliers before sending people OS. I also think it's about time some of us counted our blessings and considered ourselves lucky to have the great vendors we have here. When I started vaping, I had no choice but to buy from OS. The postage costs, and waiting for my stuff to arrive wasn't much fun.
    I think that once you have your nic, there is no real reason to buy OS, unless of course there is a particular mod you're after. Or, in my case, a certain brand of juice. But for ongoing supplies, we have access to all we need right here. Lets not take our own vendors for granted - what they do for us, is not as easy as it may seem.
    gregds and Number23 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast