Hi, Some Noob Questions

Hi everyone,

I have just started my 2nd attempt to quit smoking (quit for 3 months last year cold turkey), I'm a heavy smoker and looking to get into vapes. I don't really know all that much about vapes and was hoping you guys could point me in the direction of a quality starter kit. I'm looking at spending around $75 for a starter kit, although if it is essential to pay more then I am able. I would like to get one of the vapes that looks like a real cigarette (white with yellow butt), any help/advice you guys could give me is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mipac View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have just started my 2nd attempt to quit smoking (quit for 3 months last year cold turkey), I'm a heavy smoker and looking to get into vapes. I don't really know all that much about vapes and was hoping you guys could point me in the direction of a quality starter kit. I'm looking at spending around $75 for a starter kit, although if it is essential to pay more then I am able. I would like to get one of the vapes that looks like a real cigarette (white with yellow butt), any help/advice you guys could give me is much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hi mipac, this starter kit is $57 from a local vendor and would appear to suit your requirements. If I were you, I'd get a manual battery rather than an automatic battery kit because it's more reliable. I have a similar set up (just in black) and it works ok, it should at least get you started Just be aware you will need to purchase nic juice from an overseas vendor.

Good luck

Edit: I would ignore any suggestion that has the word 'tank' in it until you get up and running
    Last edited by gtadmin; 25-01-12 at 07:38 AM.

CCC
    Just so you know most people who start out with a cigarette look a like tend to upgrade to a bigger model within about 2 weeks of taking up vaping.

This kit may be something that intrests you http://www.evape.com.au/products/510-Starter-Kit.html

Now you will have to decide if you want to get pre mixed juice (nicotine mixed with flavour)
    Or will you want to mix your own (buy nic liquid and buy flavours)

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Just so you know most people who start out with a cigarette look a like tend to upgrade to a bigger model within about 2 weeks of taking up vaping.

This kit may be something that intrests you http://www.evape.com.au/products/510-Starter-Kit.html

Now you will have to decide if you want to get pre mixed juice (nicotine mixed with flavour)
    This is the exact starter kit I bought, but then went and bought a PCC and some cartos later at extra postage charges. Good vendor though and one of the best for value.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post

Awesome, I think I'll be going with this one.

What's the best website to buy the nicotine juice from?

Also what is the difference between PG and VG juices?
    Last edited by mipac; 26-01-12 at 07:51 PM.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Forget the 510 kits. Get this or something like it. I know its a fairly bigger investment but in the long run it will be worth it. You will probably become disappointed with the 510 setup quickly depending on how heavily you smoke. The 1000mAh battery should last you around a day (or half if you vape heavily) and you get some different cartos to try to see what you like. Added benefits are that cart/atty combos are disappointing and you will find yourself needing to top up the carts often which becomes annoying and the burned taste of a dry atty is not pleasant and that when you are stationary and vaping, you can plug your PT battery into a USB port and get the full voltage capacity (~4.2V) as opposed to a standalone battery which will diminish in output over time (even with PWM).

For nic, go to health cabin and get some premixed juice and then order some blank nic from RTS Vapes or Greenhouse One at the same time as the blank nic will probably take longer to get to you (especially if its from RTS) Or if you want to just buy premixed juice with nic shop around for flavours that you like the sound of, good deals on packs/discounts/shipping, that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Nothingexpert; 26-01-12 at 08:06 PM.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Forget the 510 kits. Get this or something like it. I know its a fairly bigger investment but in the long run it will be worth it. You will probably become disappointed with the 510 setup quickly depending on how heavily you smoke. The 1000mAh battery should last you around a day (or half if you vape heavily) and you get some different cartos to try to see what you like. Added benefits are that cart/atty combos are disappointing and you will find yourself needing to top up the carts often which becomes annoying and the burned taste of a dry atty is not pleasant and that when you are stationary and vaping, you can plug your PT battery into a USB port and get the full voltage capacity (~4.2V) as opposed to a standalone battery which will diminish in output over time (even with PWM).

For nic, go to health cabin and get some premixed juice and then order some blank nic from RTS Vapes or Greenhouse One at the same time as the blank nic will probably take longer to get to you (especially if its from RTS) Or if you want to just buy premixed juice with nic shop around for flavours that you like the sound of, good deals on packs/discounts/shipping, that sort of thing.
    +1 For this idea
    As a heavy smoker anything smaller will drive you nuts with the constant feeding and charging(been there, done that )

CCC
    PG and VG are 2 of the ingredients in your juice. PG is the flavour carrier and some people say it gives a better throat hit than VG. VG is what makes more vapour, so you will want to get a combination of both in your juice. A good place to start out is 50/50 PG/VG, or if this is not available most would recommend something like 80/20, or 70/30 PG/VG.

You can get premixed stuff from overseas only, so do a bit of research, this post may interest you http://forums.aussievapers.com/showt...ce-comparision