Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help a noob

Hi Guys, I am new to Vaping. I think I will go with a 510 starter kit from Juice Whore. It comes with Champion Blend as a doubler. If I use this without nic until my nic arrives, does this mean that I mix it 50/50 with PG. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Short answer, yes. What percentage PG/VG is your doubler?
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

It gives the option of 100% PG, 100% VG, or 80 PG/ 20 VG. Thanks.

CCC
    so if you buy your doubler 100% pg your mix will end up 100% pg (not reccomend)

If you get the doubler 100% vg your mix will be 50/50 pg/vg (recommend)

If you get the doubler 80/20 pg/vg your mix will end up being 90/10 pg/vg (not recommend if you want lots of vapour)

Thanks very much Nothingexpert and CCC.

AVF Regular
    What is the nicotine you have ordered PG or VG?

And welcome timeout

Hi margyp, I'm ordering tomorrow so I can still get the sale. But I'm not sure what to order. So if I get PG based, I guess I mix it with say 50% VG or the other way round.
    Last edited by timeout; 26-01-12 at 11:47 AM.

AVF Regular
    A good way to start is using a mix of half PG and half VG (in your final mix that you will vape)
    If you order nicotine liquid 100% VG then you will need doublers at 100% PG so when you mix them half and half you end up 50%PG and 50% VG

You will need to order your nicotine juice at twice the amount you want to vape
    example if you want to end up vaping 24mg you would order 48 mg nic liquid
    if you want to end up vaping 12mg you would order 24 mg nic liquid

If you want to vape your doublers before your nicotine liquid gets here you would have to mix it with 50% plain VG or plain PG 50% ( juicewhore sells it)
    Although you really should let the doublers steep for a while before vaping

Dont forget to order 5ml syringes and blunt needles for mixing and you will need some empty bottles to put your mixes in

sorry if it sounds confusing

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    You will find that an 80/20 mix is the most regular PG/VG ratio. 100% PG is disappointing in the vapour stakes and 50/50 can get a bit flavourless IMO. It's personal taste. I would recommend buying some blank PG & VG and some doublers and mixing small amounts (grab a couple of syringes with your order). That way you will be able to find your best balance. That will most likely change when you add nic into the mix though. You might find you need to increase your VG content to reduce the TH. Just keep an open mind and be prepared to fiddle. I just recently upped my VG content to just under 30% (mainly due to being out of PG for mixing and putting off another order) and found that the slight loss in flavour was workable when compared to the marked increase in vapour. Personally I try to keep my VG lower as I am a diabetic and it turns to glucose in the body which is not a good thing for me.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Thanks margyp and Nothingexpert. No, not confusing at all. All the best.
    Last edited by timeout; 26-01-12 at 12:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast