Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how to know if its time to change cartomizers

Greetings all,

Ive just been reading thru the topics here , and can i just say that this forum is truly informative and useful especially for people new to vaping like me..
    It has answered almost every single question i have of the subject.

One question tho that I would really wanted to ask was, How can one tell when its time to replace a cartomizer? or how long would one be used before its time for a new one?

many thanks!

Hi there

You will see lots of people who boil their cartos to revive them, lots of different ways to do it, a search here will tell you. For me, considering how cheap they are and how much I used to spend on smokes, I just toss them when they are done. Nothing beats a nice juice in a brand new carto! I vape on them until the draw gets a bit tight and they really gurgle. If you look inside them the inners will look really gunky, (like burnt toffee or something) and then they are done. For me anyway.

I am sure others will come on and give you their view, good luck with vaping

Pisces

Hi Pisces ,

Thank you for that very useful info...much appreciated.. cheers!

Super Moderator
    Distinct lack of vapour, taste, throat hit and yeah as above, the gurgles and blocked draw. You can sometimes extend the life by poking the centre tube with a needle and clearing it out, a good way I test is to physically hold it up to a light and see how blocked it is after clearing.. if it's still gunked.. it goes in the bin (depending of course if i have a spare with me!)

AVF Regular
    Oh interesting. Im a dripper and i think the same goes for atty's - the one im using now feels constricted and im getting gurgles. I thought it was the batt losing power.

Quote Originally Posted by juddyau View Post
    Distinct lack of vapour, taste, throat hit and yeah as above, the gurgles and blocked draw. You can sometimes extend the life by poking the centre tube with a needle and clearing it out, a good way I test is to physically hold it up to a light and see how blocked it is after clearing.. if it's still gunked.. it goes in the bin (depending of course if i have a spare with me!)
    Hi Juddyau
    Many thanks for that..

Also , it depends on the type of carto. You cant poke the air hole on a horizontal coil carto to clear it as far as I know. Dual coils that have stuffing can sometimes be resurrected by using a sharp needle to ream away the gunk from the inside of the coils . CE2's , if you really want to go to the trouble ,can be rinsed out , and given a dry burn to get rid of the crud on the coils. As for the drippers , I have heard of people using bi carb soda and vinegar to dissolve carbon deposits , also , some people boil them 3 or 4 times to do the same thing.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictRick View Post
    Oh interesting. Im a dripper and i think the same goes for atty's - the one im using now feels constricted and im getting gurgles. I thought it was the batt losing power.

Flush with water, blow out, dry burn & reprime!
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

CCC
    I just vape 20ml of juice through one of my Echo cartos then chuck it, they don't technically die they just age.

seems like everybody has got their own preferences and ways when it comes to carto usage.. ive noted all of them and will be trying them out and see what works best for me.. thank you all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast