Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New NSW Vaper - Importing?

Hi everybody,

I'm brand new to vaping. Just got my 510-T Starter kit in the mail from eVape today and it's awesome, but it's just kind of a paper tiger without the nicotine for me. I placed an order to HeavenGifts for a 30ml bottle of unflavoured liquid the other day, but now I've got my hands on the kit I'm thinking of placing another (larger) order which would essentially act as a sampler of sorts, a few 10ml bottles in a few different flavours plus some mixing equipment and maybe an eGo-T battery/passthrough for good measure.

Anyone have an idea of how much I'd be able to safely import from HG into NSW at the one time? I'm not looking to resell, just to get myself set up and supplied with enough to not need cigs for a couple of months. In addition to the 30ml bottle I have already ordered, I've currently got 8 10ml bottles of various flavours+accessories in my HG cart. Is this walking too close to a seizure or would I be in the clear?

Thanks very much.

Grab 2x125ml bottles of nic from RTSVAPES and you'll be set up for at least half a year! Try juicewhore flavours they are a mile above any Chinese bulk produced stuff!

There's really not many issues importing at the moment, you could get away with a fairly large amount without issue. Definitely no issue with the amount listed.

Wow, quick replies.

I'm wanting to stay away from bulk at the moment because I'm new and just setting out on figuring what it is I like to vape, where and how.

@Bass Junkie: Wow, I'd been kind of dreading importing after hearing news from last year. If that's the case I guess I'll be getting a slightly larger shipment and throwing together the little kit to set myself up.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    In addition to the 30ml bottle I have already ordered, I've currently got 8 10ml bottles of various flavours+accessories in my HG cart. Is this walking too close to a seizure or would I be in the clear?
    hello and welcome.

just a suggestion as i had this dillemma a couple days ago. the mixing equipment i'd buy here from one of the listed aussie suppliers here and i would buy just the nic from overseas (i grabbed a 100mg x 125ml 100% PG nic from greenhouseone) and dilute it with plain PG/VG. i prefer 18mg nic strength and a ratio of 60/40 PG/VG and would mix it so i'd end up with a 36mg strength 60/40 PG/VG nic juice that would be ready to mix with "doublers" sourced locally as well.

CCC
    Hi Sasha, glad you like your new e-cig. Those 510 batteries don't last very long, have you been using it yet? You mentioned getting a eGo-T passthrough battery, that is a good move.

So the 30ml of unflavoured you have coming, you are planning to mix that with doublers? Vapebar, Vapeking and Juicewhore have some awesome ones. You will just need a couple of empty bottles and pipettes to do the mixing. Most e-cig vendors sell all that under DIY supplies.

You can get premixed stuff to try out from heaps of overseas vendors HealthCabin and GreenhouseOne seem to be popular for their sample packs. You should get your stuff through customs no worries, i think anythng over 1L is pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AddictRick View Post
    hello and welcome.

just a suggestion as i had this dillemma a couple days ago. the mixing equipment i'd buy here from one of the listed aussie suppliers here and i would buy just the nic from overseas (i grabbed a 100mg x 125ml 100% PG nic from greenhouseone) and dilute it with plain PG/VG. i prefer 18mg nic strength and a ratio of 60/40 PG/VG and would mix it so i'd end up with a 36mg strength 60/40 PG/VG nic juice that would be ready to mix with "doublers" sourced locally as well.
    Thank you!

Yes, I'll be cutting the 36mg solution with doublers bought here in Aus as a taste of the more premium blends I could put together. I've done a fair bit of research on this stuff so I know generally what I'd be doing, but I'm as yet unfamiliar with how much can be imported and the like. I went with a VG solution of nicotine juice as my starter, though I'll be using what's mostly a PG juice here.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Hi Sasha, glad you like your new e-cig. Those 510 batteries don't last very long, have you been using it yet? You mentioned getting a eGo-T passthrough battery, that is a good move.

So the 30ml of unflavoured you have coming, you are planning to mix that with doublers? Vapebar, Vapeking and Juicewhore have some awesome ones. You will just need a couple of empty bottles and pipettes to do the mixing. Most e-cig vendors sell all that under DIY supplies.

You can get premixed stuff to try out from heaps of overseas vendors HealthCabin and GreenhouseOne seem to be popular for their sample packs. You should get your stuff through customs no worries, i think anythng over 1L is pushing it.
    Thank you.

I think I will get an eGo-T battery to bump myself up from 180mAh to 1000mAh with USB passthrough. Definitely seems like the battery life will be better on them, and I'm not too concerned about form factor. At the same time, I'm not sure I want to go all-out on batteries yet, this is very much a starter experience vaping and the 510-T seems like the way to go for me.

As I said earlier in this post I will be cutting it with Aus doubler. I'll probably just pick up the mixing supplies from HG because they're on break at the moment and won't be shipping until February, so in either case I'm going to be waiting to mix with anything.

Thanks for all the support and the welcomes, folks. It definitely feels like a step in the right direction, and hopefully within a couple of weeks I'll be able to get off the analogs.

Sasha just a note of warning if you get 100mg strength nicotine you must be really careful about getting it on your skin or breathing in the fumes. Nitrile gloves from Woolies will protect you hands just don't drop a bottle of 100mg it in you lap! 36mg and probably 48mg is not too bad although vaping the latter uncut will make you sick. Other than that mix away and enjoy the benefits.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Good luck mate. The only thing I would say is that 30ml of blank nic will only go so far. Particularly if you are mixing different flavours to try and stumble on a fair few you don't like. The benefit of buying in bulk is that you aren't freaking out waiting for another delivery when you run out of nic and USPS/EMS are popping the valiums.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Quote Originally Posted by valleyjohn View Post
    Sasha just a note of warning if you get 100mg strength nicotine you must be really careful about getting it on your skin or breathing in the fumes. Nitrile gloves from Woolies will protect you hands just don't drop a bottle of 100mg it in you lap! 36mg and probably 48mg is not too bad although vaping the latter uncut will make you sick. Other than that mix away and enjoy the benefits.
    Oh I wouldn't be vaping uncut even at 36. I'm on 8mg analogs, ~10-13/day so I'm gonna need to find a happy medium for actual mg/ml there. But if less still gets me the hit I'm after, that'd be great for various reasons obviously. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Good luck mate. The only thing I would say is that 30ml of blank nic will only go so far. Particularly if you are mixing different flavours to try and stumble on a fair few you don't like. The benefit of buying in bulk is that you aren't freaking out waiting for another delivery when you run out of nic and USPS/EMS are popping the valiums.
    Oh I'm not solely relying on the 30ml blank, I'll be buying more nic-flavour blends to try and probably more blank nic in the very near future - probably shipped at the same time I get the 30ml shipped, realistically. Definitely not going to shoot myself in the foot by cheaping out in the beginning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast