Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Noob Question on EGO-T Burnt Smell/Taste

Hi Guys- Been vaping three days and already have burnt smell/taste from one of the two attys included with my EGO-T 1000amh kit- What am I doing wrong? Should I shift to carts??

Super Moderator
    Are you running your tanks dry? Cartos will still give you a burnt taste should you run them dry. If not, they shouldn't taste that way.
    Cartos (low res), I found, w're easier from the get go on my ego t

Sounds like you should clean them, you might have flooded the atty a bit too much and left enough juice in there.

There's various methods for cleaning, I had this happen with my brand new 510T atty last night. A quick bath and shake in Isopropyl alcohol and it's vaping like a champ.

CCC
    Hard to run a tank dry being transparent and all, 3 days sounds too short of a time for them to be gunked up, so you probably did flood it and maybe before cleaning you could try blowing it out?

Thanks guys.....Stuck it in boiled distilled water for an hour, then blew it out- still smells. I will try Isopropyl alcohol tonight.

It'll probably still smell to a fair degree, but if you soak it in isopropyl alcohol for ~1 minute then agitate and play with it for ~5-10 minutes, letting the alcohol run through it from both directions it shoud be a lot more manageable. Dry it out for more than an hour, isopropyl alcohol dries fast but you don't want that stuff in your lungs.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Hard to run a tank dry being transparent and all
    Mate, stranger things have happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate, newbie here too. One of my ego-t atomisers tasted burnt with its first tank in it. Might not have had enough solution on the wick? Anyway I gave it a water bath then let it dry out. Puffed a tank through it and the taste went away.

Also got some boge carts yesterday to try out. So far I'm impressed. My ego tanks were leaking when they got low on juice and some of the juice would end up being sucked up to the mouthpiece. Not real nice. The carts produce a good amount of vapour and maybe a little more flavour. I notice the amount of vapour seems more consistant each puff. I found my ego tanks vaped best when they got down to about half full. Only hassle I can see is keeping the carts topped up and wet. Also interested to see how long one lasts. Might have to look into some of the tank mod things I've seen.
    so far I've enjoyed not getting a mouthfull of nic juice unexpectedly today

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

AVF Regular
    My advice: chuck it out and get a real atomizer. Ego batteries are good but the tanks really suck.

Edit: try direct dripping on a LR 510 atomizer
    Last edited by TheJuiceNinja; 02-02-12 at 06:49 PM.
    “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” -- George Washington

Which carts are best? There are so many options, size. Ohms etc??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast