Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A question to veteran vapers

Perhaps, same as a lot of you veteran vapers on here, The main reason Im getting into vaping primarily is to attempt
    to once and for all kick the smoking habit.. and Like you, I am hoping to succeed.

I do however have a question that might help pave a better way for me to achieve this goal, and that is, during the first time you held your first PV and dragged in that first few vapes.. did you immediately say to yourself "yeah I can totally dump cigarette smoking for this. and ill do it NOW.."

or

was it a gradually slow transition "getting used to vaping thing" until one day you find it more satisfying than actually lighting up..

I know that every individual has his own different first time experience and when my PV arrives from the mail, i will realize my own first impression of it, but i would also love to know how you guys did it.

cheers!

I wanted to try anything to quit but knew given enough vaper and nicotine I would.. Tried vaping first in 2008, lasted about a month cause the gear wasn't too good. Quit pretty much straight away in 2010 with better gear, bludging the odd smoke off my parents. Haven't bought a packet in 2 years now.

I've been vaping for about 3 months exclusively now and i just found that after starting, i didnt feel the need to smoke anymore. Its not that i missed the flavour or the mechanics of it. Just didnt feel the need. It didnt hurt that money was tight and my regular brand of smoke had become difficult to buy locally. As to whether i thought that vaping was right for me immediately, i dont think that i've reached that point yet. I've yet to find my flavour, and i'm still using the starter kit that i bought originally, so i have a long journey ahead of me. But i can vape in my car and it doesnt smell the place down when the kids get in, i can give my kids a kiss without them complaining about how stinky my breath is as well as my clothes not reeking all the time. Also the ash and mess that was always around my house have gone.

Those things i can do without and i still get my "fix"

AVF Regular
    I decided to allow myself a couple of durries a day when I started but found that after about 10 days I was confident enough of this vaping caper to drop them completely
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

I was getting sick. I would wake in the night and cough in a really bad way. And once getting back to sleep , I would wake up and cough some more. I tried all sorts of shit. I looked up nicotine inhalers and thought that I will give them a go, but also saw something called e-cigs. I tried the inhalers from the chemist but kept looking. I bought a Green smoke kit for $135 and I dropped from 25 cigs a day to 5 cigs and thought that this is the go. I then found forums and realised that I spent way too much. At this time I was down to 5 cigs a day which was an absolute blessing. I then went to 510 and was down to 2 cigs a day. The Ego's were invented and that was it. I went from 18mg to 24mg then 36mg when I was craving a morning smoke, once I broke that morning and evening smoke at 36mg I went back to 24mg and and though I have stayed there for awhile I am now fluctuating between 24 and 14 mg.
    This works for me and if someone could get me off alcohol I would be ok for awhile. At least this vaping works and it is painless, as far as addiction goes. I have now made it my hobby.

RC

Yep. Addiction is my hobby.

RC

I started with a 510 and immediately I knew this would work.

It took a week or so to give up the analogs completely, but it happened, and happened easily.

more than 6 months off my pack a day habit of 32 years.....

If I had started with an ego and the dual coil 5 ml cartos - I don't think I would have had another smoke after day 1.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoPeFuLLL View Post
    I wanted to try anything to quit but knew given enough vaper and nicotine I would.. Tried vaping first in 2008, lasted about a month cause the gear wasn't too good. Quit pretty much straight away in 2010 with better gear, bludging the odd smoke off my parents. Haven't bought a packet in 2 years now.
    I did the same in 2008 when there wasnt much of a wide selection and e cigarettes didnt really perform as how they are nowadays.. after a few days im back to smoking.
    probably one other reason im giving it another shot is cause i see the wide array of Pv's available out there and it got me all excited of how technology has caught up with vaping
    Its definitely worth another go..

Quote Originally Posted by brob View Post
    I've been vaping for about 3 months exclusively now and i just found that after starting, i didnt feel the need to smoke anymore. Its not that i missed the flavour or the mechanics of it. Just didnt feel the need. It didnt hurt that money was tight and my regular brand of smoke had become difficult to buy locally. As to whether i thought that vaping was right for me immediately, i dont think that i've reached that point yet. I've yet to find my flavour, and i'm still using the starter kit that i bought originally, so i have a long journey ahead of me. But i can vape in my car and it doesnt smell the place down when the kids get in, i can give my kids a kiss without them complaining about how stinky my breath is as well as my clothes not reeking all the time. Also the ash and mess that was always around my house have gone.

Those things i can do without and i still get my "fix"
    many would say vaping is the best thing that ever happened to people wanting to quit smoking. but i think it offers so more than that, for a few hundred bucks.
    you could turn your life around in so many aspects. Heck, my wife is more excited than I am with it.. and she doesnt even smoke..

Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    I decided to allow myself a couple of durries a day when I started but found that after about 10 days I was confident enough of this vaping caper to drop them completely
    Id be the happiest man if i can achieve that in twice the time you did Slothy.. I actually was thinking of doing it as you did..

Spend the money it's worth it. Get a couple of things that interest you, I'd recommend adding a VV device (Buzz Pro preferred).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenscroft View Post
    Yep. Addiction is my hobby.

RC
    RS, Like they say, Men choose their own Poison, Its just good that this is now part of the menu..
    cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by buggy View Post
    I started with a 510 and immediately I knew this would work.

It took a week or so to give up the analogs completely, but it happened, and happened easily.

more than 6 months off my pack a day habit of 32 years.....

If I had started with an ego and the dual coil 5 ml cartos - I don't think I would have had another smoke after day 1.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, buggy.
    Im pretty much hoping that same like you, it will come easy to me too..Thanks very much for that buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoPeFuLLL View Post
    Spend the money it's worth it. Get a couple of things that interest you, I'd recommend adding a VV device (Buzz Pro preferred).
    Best advise ever Hopefulll, and I did just that.. a few days more and mine should be in the mail.. thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast