Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Beginners problems and solutions.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Levis where are you located and we can help you find your local vape shop
    Already enjoying a long deserved holiday

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

There isn't enough room to list my gear

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Already enjoying a long deserved holiday
    I thought so. Do you want to delete my post.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBenny View Post
    No flavour - am I doing it wrong?

Hey guys I need your help!

I've decided to kick the cancer sticks once and for all (quit a bunch of times, but always went back when I was fighting with the GF, or had a really heavy study load), and decided E-cigs are the go. Wasn't a heavy smoker (a pack every 3 days or so), but enough is enough.

I did a little research, and got what I thought was a reasonable setup - an Eleaf Ipower 80w and an Aspire Nautilus mini (1.6 Ohm). I didn't want to smash a hole in my wallet, but I also didn't want to spend too little on rubbish products and have to buy something new. Also, it's important to me to be able to enjoy this vaping thing, because I don't go back to cigarettes.

When I was purchasing nicotine from Hiliq.com, I thought I might as well grab some eliquids as well, so I purchased the following:

Ry4, PG/VG 50/50, 12mg

555 PG/VG 50/50 12mg

Cigar PG/VG 50/50 24mg

Sinful Cake PG/VG 20/80 12mg

The shipping and packaging were awesome, which was good, because it gave me time to breathe and steep them while I waited for my mod to arrive in the mail.

I took the caps off and let them breathe for 12 hours, and put them in a dark cupboard for a week and a few days, shaking them every day.

I was pretty damn excited when I got my mod in the mail - time to experience this vaping thing!!!

But the experience didn't really live up to the expectation. I experimented with different wattage levels, from about 6 to 30 (tasted burnt at this level), and I can barely taste anything. These liquids smell really nice (especially the sinful cake), and when people have been vaping around me in the past, it's always smelled really nice, but I can barely even taste the difference between them.

I've experimented with putting the nautilus on all of its different airflow settings (the smallest one feels the best for some reason), and even tried direct-to-lung inhaling (not for me), and I can taste food okay (like I said, I wasn't a heavy smoker), but I feel like I might as well be putting the liquid in an aromatherapy oil burner.

I've read about vaper's tongue, but what I'm saying is that I got almost no flavour from the get-go.

Is it the e-liquid? Hiliq seem to get decent reviews on their product, and like I said, their postage and packaging were awesome.

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't want to just give upon this and then one day go back to cigarettes when I'm under stress.

Maybe my expectations were just too high?

I get a bit of a scratchy throat when I'm vaping, but I read that's pretty normal, and try to drink a fair bit of water when I vape - hey, at very least I'm better hydrated than I used to be!

I'm currently steeping the El-Toro sample pack from House Of Liquid, and I'm hoping that might do the trick.
    I would add i and many have found, you cannot rely on finding equivalency, either with juices, nic strength of your mixes, or even the way your body will absorb nicotine. All will usually require some fiddling around with and all are subject to personal choices.

I would also add that as a smoker of 35+ years that the natural thought process when switching to vaping is to go for tobacco vapes, to try and get an equivalency. A lot of people are surprised to find that they cant stand any of the tobacco juices, some do, some only get by on the WTA (or extracted tobacco) juices. I started out on RY4, and tried any number of tobacco juices, including WTA's and found myself surprised that i hated tobacco flavoured juices....i think after the sweetness of RY4, any other tobacco flavoured juices just tasted like an ashtray full of week old butts. They really cured me of ever thinking about backsliding to real cigarettes. Trust me when i tell you, they day where you find yourself hating even the smell of a real cigarette is weird and awesome...

You can get into juice fatigue, continuously buying juices looking for that perfect flavour for you.

Its at this point ill let you into arguably the best thing i was pointed to as an option as a new vaper...unflavoured juice - that is, just nicotine base, pg and vg. I was in flavour buying hell, not finding one that i could use daily, when my friend and member on here Nico made an offhand comment "have you tried unflavoured....". Completely changed my vape life, and apart from the odd flirt with a flavour every 6 months or so, most of the past 2 years, unflavoured has been my 24/7 vape. Until this revelation, i was under the mistaken impression you had to have flavouring, as if the just basic unflavoured juice must not taste great. Its also the cheapest way to vape as a bonus, if youre up to mixing your own juice. It also doesnt need steeping, mix and shake (though as with all juices, it will improve after a couple of days). Sadly the number of places that sell ready to vape unflavoured has shrunk to one last i checked...

Im not trying to put juice makers out of business, im just trying to give you an option, because it really positively affected my vape life, and if youre at the stage i was where you were getting wobbly because you couldnt find a juice you could use 24/7 and thinking of falling off the wagon, its worth a try

There are plenty of us on here who do the unflavoured thing, im not the only one
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 23-06-17 at 07:45 PM.
    muscovyduckling likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi I've just started vaping. I bought a Endura T22 from Vapeking. I also bought 2 30ml doublers. I am getting some nicotine tomorrow. I want to start vaping tomorrow problem is I have no Pg/Vg to mix with the nicotine and doublers. That's not arriving until next week. Does anyone know of anywhere in Brisbane that you can walk into and buy Pg/Vg mix or straight Pg or Vg?
    Any help is much appreciated.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurymonkey View Post
    Hi I've just started vaping. I bought a Endura T22 from Vapeking. I also bought 2 30ml doublers. I am getting some nicotine tomorrow. I want to start vaping tomorrow problem is I have no Pg/Vg to mix with the nicotine and doublers. That's not arriving until next week. Does anyone know of anywhere in Brisbane that you can walk into and buy Pg/Vg mix or straight Pg or Vg?
    Any help is much appreciated.
    As mentioned on the other thread, Aussie-Ecigs: https://www.aussie-ecigs.com/

You should give them a ring and see if you can arrange pickup.

Oh, they are at Slacks Creek with an invite for anyone to visit. The address is on the website. I suggest you give them a call.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Thanks very much fabricator4. Exactly what I needed

hehehe, i was one of those noobs that went straight for the high wattage sub-ohm set ups @ mid range nic....and yes i experienced the exact same feelings,i was on the doorstep of giving it all back. I was so frustrated i just couldn't find the happy medium..my sweet spot. After trolling the internet for days youtube, forums, etc etc....i just couldnt find the answers...lol. So i did the unheard thing of asking a question...hahaha yep my good friend in asked me several questions, kind of like a visit to the GP, exept he was my vaping GP....and he solved my problem, nailed it down right in front of me...so now i am still using my vw device with an aspire nautilus mini up top vaping at 14w on 6mg, and it feels great, i have been smoke free for over a week now and im never looking back. So i kind of started my journey in reverse, i went straight to for the big powerful V/W device grabbed about 6 sub-ohm tanks and RDA's RDTA's RTA's, got straight into coil building DIY....the lot...but just couldn't vape any of it...lmao.

So at least i know how to do basic builds and basic mixing now i have a thorough understanding of ohms law and im well on my way, but i learned a valuable lesson through the whole process.....IF YOU THINK THE QUESTION YOU NEED TO ASK IS STUPID, ITS PROBABLY ONE OF THE IMPORTANT ONES YOU NEED TO ASK.....no question is ever to stupid to ask when starting out i learnt that the hard way......

AVF Regular
    well said...............

Quote Originally Posted by shanereis1200 View Post
    hehehe, i was one of those noobs that went straight for the high wattage sub-ohm set ups @ mid range nic....and yes i experienced the exact same feelings,i was on the doorstep of giving it all back. I was so frustrated i just couldn't find the happy medium..my sweet spot. After trolling the internet for days youtube, forums, etc etc....i just couldnt find the answers...lol. So i did the unheard thing of asking a question...hahaha yep my good friend in asked me several questions, kind of like a visit to the GP, exept he was my vaping GP....and he solved my problem, nailed it down right in front of me...so now i am still using my vw device with an aspire nautilus mini up top vaping at 14w on 6mg, and it feels great, i have been smoke free for over a week now and im never looking back. So i kind of started my journey in reverse, i went straight to for the big powerful V/W device grabbed about 6 sub-ohm tanks and RDA's RDTA's RTA's, got straight into coil building DIY....the lot...but just couldn't vape any of it...lmao.

So at least i know how to do basic builds and basic mixing now i have a thorough understanding of ohms law and im well on my way, but i learned a valuable lesson through the whole process.....IF YOU THINK THE QUESTION YOU NEED TO ASK IS STUPID, ITS PROBABLY ONE OF THE IMPORTANT ONES YOU NEED TO ASK.....no question is ever to stupid to ask when starting out i learnt that the hard way......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123