Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Newbie and Nicotine

Smile Newbie and Nicotine

Hello

Gosh!! I feel as though I know so many of you as Iíve been browsing this forum for two weeks after I clicked on an ad out of curiosity while I was looking for a new van and discovered electronic cigarettes. Wow! I found this concept really exciting so the van went on the back burner for the time being while I read and re read the forums and watched YouTube. Thank you all so much for all the info. I had a bit of a problem getting registered on the forum and I had so many questions I wanted to ask but couldnít. It took less than a day to phone Belle at Vapebar who was extremely helpful and so, so patient as nothing really made sense in the beginning. I ordered an EgoT Type B starter kit with some boge LR 501D carts and a drip tip. Then I had a look at Juicewhore and ordered one of her starter kits to take with me when I go out. Service and shipping from both places was excellent and I like the juices I chose. When the kits arrived, they still didnít make a lot of sense either so back to the forums and YouTube. The Chinese girl who is staying with us at the moment was so excited about the e-cigs that she also ordered a starter kit from JW the day mine arrived. Have had my kits for just over a week now and have 4 e-cigs on the go, each with a different juice and Iím really enjoying them. And actually, vaped openly in an open coffee shop in the middle of Westfield a few days ago, but only for a short time. Seemed so strange and especially that nobody seemed to even notice.

Iíd convinced myself that my ďhabitĒ was a hand to mouth one and I didnít really need the nicotine but I do. So at this time I am smoking and vaping. Disgusting!! I am so disappointed with myself. I ordered some 0mg flavours from Health Cabin as well as a 30 ml bottle of no flavour 36mg thinking I would just have it on hand if I ever got desperate. It was ordered during their holiday, so it hasnít been shipped yet and I am getting a bit desperate because Iíd really just like to throw the rollies for ever.

So, I am wondering about no flavour nic. What brands are other members using and ordering in what quantities and strengths? How do various brands compare? Who has the fastest shipping and best prices?

Iíve smoked for far too long and detest it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mink View Post
    I’d convinced myself that my “habit” was a hand to mouth one and I didn’t really need the nicotine but I do. So at this time I am smoking and vaping. Disgusting!! I am so disappointed with myself. I ordered some 0mg flavours from Health Cabin as well as a 30 ml bottle of no flavour 36mg thinking I would just have it on hand if I ever got desperate. It was ordered during their holiday, so it hasn’t been shipped yet and I am getting a bit desperate because I’d really just like to throw the rollies for ever.

So, I am wondering about no flavour nic. What brands are other members using and ordering in what quantities and strengths? How do various brands compare? Who has the fastest shipping and best prices?

I’ve smoked for far too long and detest it!!!
    Welcome!

I'm pretty much exactly in your boat. Currently on the cigs while I wait for nic juice to arrive, though I never expected my vaping to be nic-free. Don't be disappointed with yourself. What you're doing is making a much healthier choice than sticking with the cigs: nicotine on its own isn't terribly unhealthy until you get up to insane doses with it, and there's no shame in needing it while you quit.

I ordered 30ml of 36mg no-flavour juice from HG and I've ordered another 90ml in flavoured 24mg Dekang juices from there to start with. A lot of peple swear by Dekang juice and it's definitely cheap as dirt. One benefit of that method is that you get an idea of how you handle the juice without having to mess around much with DIY.

When you're ordering nic juice though, it seems better value to get a larger supply (125ml+ of higher-strength unflavoured) and mix it with whatever flavours float your boat. Chinese or American doesn't seem to make the greatest difference in terms of quality when you're looking for unflavoured - just about everything's made in China but US sellers apparently do some very nice blends.

China will typically be faster and cheaper to purchase and ship, while the USA seems to lean closer to quality. Aus vendors do some very nice juice flavours to cut nic juice with so I'd largely recommend them if you're looking at DIY.

Just for the record, a thread that helped me immeasurably was The Wonderful World of Vaping over at E-Cigarette Forum. That clarified a lot of things for me, I don't know if you've seen it but if you haven't the 6-part guide is definitely worth a read.
    Last edited by Sasha; 03-02-12 at 03:28 PM.

From another newbie...

Personally I ordered 120ml, 100mg from rtsvapes mostly cause china was shutdown at the time (took about 8 days to get here) and im slighly regretting that i didnt get 2x120ml. I plan on getting something from a chinese supplier once the order I have with HC actually goes into a "shipped" state so i can compare. So far i've not had any issues with it and my use of analoges has all but stopped (the nic juice arrived on monday).

One thing worth noting, from rtsvapes if you order 2x120ml of the 100mg nic fluid, the postage is about $20... if you order 250ml 100mg nic fluid, the postage switches to a much more expensive figure (~50$)...

If you do order at 100mg strength, make sure you understand the mixing component and have some measuring equipment.

Sadly the site is actually down for maintenance at the moment so i cant actually get the real figures.

CCC
    I was going to recommend RTS Vapes too, but as said before their site is down at the moment. Why don't you shoot HealthCabin an email to see how long yours will take. Failing that there is e-cig.com, Greenhouse One, and many more i just cant think of off the top of my head.

So seeing as you ordered 36mg nic, you will probably want to mix that 50/50 with your Juicewhore doublers which would create 18mg super tastey juice. If you need stronger than that i would suggest getting 48mg nic so you can mix it down to 24mg.

It would also be worth while getting some plain PG and/or VG, so you can dilute the nic liquid further if you find out 18mg is too strong. You will also need empty bottles and pipettes.

Anyway congratulations on deciding to kick the stinkies, and welcome to AV.

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome Mink
    Dont beat yourself up over smoking. As soon as your nic arrives you will have no problem in the transition to full time vaping. Seeing as you already have found some flavours you like it will be easy. I ordered 2 starter kits from juicewhore when I started vaping and I have been using them everyday.
    I odered nic from RTS Vapes recently with no problems and i think their website is back up now.

Thank you for the link, Sasha. I had actually read the first page but lost the link. I've just been over there reading it all through and it really does have heaps of good information. I hope your nic arrives quickly. I'm still waiting on HC's invoice and an email to say that they have shipped my order. I wondered about ordering the Dekang juices with nic as I read a few negative things about them but I've since seen them listed on US sites where they were much more expensive, and thought, well, they can't be too bad, so I'm glad you mentioned them. I'm thinking about trying them next order but not sure yet about what flavours or nic strength. I guess if I was to start with too high, then I would lose flavour by adding PG or VG. I used to smoke 4mg ready mades then changed to Winfield Gold rollies - little skinny ones - in the hope that as they tasted so awful, I'd find it easier to give up. But it didn't work and that's why I thought that if I get the nic and condensed flavours separately I could mix some and try to find out the level that suits me best. Are there any of the mixed flavours that you could recommend?

Thank you too Takigama for your encouragement and advice. Eight days delivery is not too bad from US. It seems I've been waiting ages to receive the invoice from HC.I'm hoping it will turn up tonight and they'll tell me my order is on the way. I've just ordered 2 x 120ml 60mg from RTSVapes (100mg scares me a little although it seems to be better value) plus a 1ml syring I was able to squeeze into the lower postage rate. It will be interesting to compare the Chinese and US nic when they arrive. I have a starter pack for mixing that came with my EgoT from Vapebar but I will have to order some more bottles, syringes and needles. Is that the easiest way or would a small graduated beaker be better? I've also downloaded Juice Me Up Calculator and have linked to a couple of other calculators as well so I hope I'll be able to work it out.

Congratulations on almost giving up the stinky analogues. I hope the nic will do the trick for you.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    If you need syringes you can get a box of 100 BDs and 100 needles for around $30 delivered. You wont go through them that quickly but the measurements do tend to rub off over time so its always good to have spares.

http://www.medshop.com.au/bd-plastip...ge-309628.html
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Hi CCC and margyb. Thank you for your welcome and support. I'm so glad to be able to post now. I did buy 120 ml each of PG and VG when I got the EgoT starter kit and I've also got some more coming from HC - can't remember how much I ordered but I think it will be enough to keep me going for a while. Actually just looked at my order and I really did have high hopes of being able to kick the nicotine habit - I only ordered 10 ml 36mg LOL

WOOOOOEEEE just got THE email from Health Cabin - my order is on the way!! And so is the one from RTS Vapes

I had already tried to order from Vaporheads in the US about 3 days ago after seeing something about them on the forum. I ordered 2 x Unflavored Nicotine Xtreme 30ml Glass Bottle with Dropper @ $7.95 as well as 1 35ml Strawberries & Cream 18mg @ 8.75 (on special) and 5 2ml eye droppers. $28.40 Shipping (+ Handling) $3.99 Balance $32.39. I thought it sounded like a really good deal and paid with my Visa. I received a confirmation email with a note that they would contact me. When nobody did, I emailed them yesterday to find out what was happening and if the order had been shipped. They emailed

"It seems two others have tried to order from us recently from Australia. It appears it will go through, then be rejected. I assume my credit card processor will not let us receive orders from Australia. Gary." When I asked if the situation would change, they replied, "people do it all the time, even today." Then another email - "Our credit card processor does not accept orders from Australia. I am sorry you cannot order from our company."

Very strange!!! I wonder if my Visa details are safe with them.

Thank you so much Nothingexpert. That sounds like a really good deal. I have bought from Medshop before a couple of times and they are great to deal with. Hadn't thought about going to them for the BDs and needles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast