AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    Fair enough Noe
    Fair list
    but seems like just another free Advertisment to me
    It is intended for new vapers.
    Noe likes this.

Super Moderator
    Should just point out the list is intended so New vapers can get a look at what perhaps they should be considering purchasing ... this way a newer vaper can eyeball what's available and recommended by Noe in his post ... of course it is up to the vaper if they order it from Heaven Gifts or if they want to take the time and google to see if similar items are available from Aussie Vendors. Regardless they are going to have to source nic overseas so at least some of the vape$ has to go there .

As pointed out HG are one of the longest established , most stable and reputable of all Chinese suppliers and have been great supporters of AVF. If a newbie is gonna spend their money OS looking for bargains and nic then better they spend it there than some shonky cigalike seller with a really good bullshit marketing dept.

Most of the better Aussie Suppliers do a reputable starter kit along the lines of the list, the choice of where to buy is as always in the hands of the person waving the money

Thumbs up for the list as a resource !
    Noe, Slothy, gtadmin and 8 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I'd read Noe's post a while ago & thought it gave good information for someone starting out vaping, but it had been pushed far enough to the back of my mind that I'd forgotten about it.

Now I find myself having to think of what a prospective new vaper is to buy, after being asked by a lady in town who was conducting a garage sale yesterday. I posted a thread asking this & received some ideas & thoughts from other members which is greatly appreciated. Then one member replied with the link to this thread & I am thankful to that person for jogging my memory of it.
    Noe and Fatman like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Nice to see an updated list. This is definitely the thread to send new vapors!
    Noe likes this.

Thanks Noe, wonderful and informative. When I decided to switch to vaping 2 months ago, I was groping in the dark how to start the journey, thanks to this article it made me switch smoothly. Being an immigrant to this country with limited network, I don't know anyone who vape, so I am grateful to this vaping community for sharing their time and knowledge.
    Noe, lheamfrg and laurie9300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    The list wasn't made for already vapers or even for vapers that have the support of other experienced vapers, it was made for smokers who want to try vaping cheaply & have no clue where to start.
    The items listed are all proven reliable, are simple to operate & cheap to buy, leaving the new vaper in a position where they are not breaking the bank & worried too much about their outlay, while having a high probability of success without major hiccups when the kit arrives.
    Many of us started on similar or even worse kits than this, which cost much more, often had issues that needed to be worked out & without persistence many of us would have just gone back to smoking. The idea is by listing a kit that is cheap & close to foolproof, less smokers that try vaping with the kit on their own (many do not want to post on the forums or know other vapers) will be less inclined to relapse back into smoking.
    And as I am someone in that very situation I thank you. I know one vaper, he lives in Perth. He gave me a list a bit like yours and I went shopping. The BCC's make the most sense to me, it's what I've physically seen and tried.

Of course after I'd gone and ordered a starter kit from vapeking, my brain turned itself back on and I realised DOH no nicotine ejuices. So I've ordered some from the UK and some from the US. The sampler packs seemed like a good idea to me, just a little bit of everything, for me to find what I like. For me personally I figured having an Aussie based site as my go to for the equipment made better economic sense for postage costs and delivery time. I was savvy enough to order extra clearos and coils, but didn't think of an extra charger.

So I'll be sending any noobs who express an interest in vaping to your list, it's helpful and makes sense.
    Noe, giruvian and Fatman like this.

Cheers for the list noes, great start up package and easy to use. Big thanks
    Noe and OldGrump like this.

Thanks for a great list Noe, you have got me and my wife off to a flying start with minimal fuss.

Can you mix brands of chargers and batteries if the voltage and output is the same? eg vision charger 4.2v 420mah and vapeonly vCatt battery?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Fred_G; 17-02-17 at 05:19 PM.
    Noe likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
    Thanks for a great list Noe, you have got me and my wife off to a flying start with minimal fuss.

Can you mix brands of chargers and batteries if the voltage and output is the same? eg vision charger 4.2v 420mah and vapeonly vCatt battery?

Cheers!
    Yes as long as you are not trying to charge a pen style battery with a cigalike style charger (because that will take far too long, it isn't really dangerous) or trying to charge a cigalike with a pen style batt charger - THIS IS DANGEROUS.
    Both types of chargers have the same connection, so read the charger descriptions carefully.

FYI there is a Noe's List 2017 Edition, which has updated gear recommendations, specifically AIO devices which are simpler to use it can be found here:
    Noe's newbie shopping guide Revised 2017 edition
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12