Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Noe's List (newbie shopping guide) Revised 2016 edition

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Noe's List (newbie shopping guide) Revised 2016 edition

First let me say a big welcome to all the new vapers!
    Some of you may have heard of "Noe's List" & wondered well where is "Noe's List, what is it, why does it exist?"

Noe's list is an easy to use guide to getting started with vaping, with links provided to everything you need for a basic build-your-own starter kit, at very reasonable prices, it exists to make it easy for smokers to see what they need to transition to vaping & get them started all in 1 single order.

The list has been revised for 2016, so that all products are current, if you want to see & compare to the original Noe's List go here: Noes List !
    There has also been a change of vendor from Health Cabin to Heaven Gifts, the reason for this change is that Heaven Gifts has a better stock updates & the products listed are less likely to be discontinued, which was a problem with some of the listings at Health Cabin.

IMO what you want for your initial order is a 1-stop-shop, where you can get everything you need in 1 order. Regardless of what you decide to order, this makes things very simple & means everything arrives at the same time, so you can get into it immediately you open it(well almost, make sure the batts are charged first). For the same reason I recommend HeavenGifts.com for first orders, they have a large range of products, they ship reliably(choose CN E-Packet shipping & you will usually have your goods in a week, 2 at most), their customer service is very good & their prices are good too. Plus they have everything you need, including nic juice to get you started.

The updated, Noe's list 2017 Edition:
    Noe's newbie shopping guide Revised 2017 edition

Essentials: Kit
    Kits consist of 3 basic parts, Batteries, Charger & something for putting the juice into, usually called atomisers (atties) or clearomisers(clearos). I think the best solution for a new vaper is an entry level device, which will serve as a back up should you have problems with your mod later on, like these:

Batteries:

You will need 2 of these, I have selected 3 various models with different features for you to choose from, they are all 1100mah so should last a full day of vaping before needing a recharge(I also ordered 1 of each to check the quality & functionality of these & they all passed my examination).

The first model, the cheapest, has a LED color function on the switch that lets you know approx how much charge remains in the battery: VapeOnly vCat Battery - 1100mAh
    or
    This model, which can also serve as a passthrough(means you can recharge it & vape while charging) & has a LED flashlight function, which could come in handy sometimes. It also comes with its own charging cable(micro USB to USB), unlike the other 2 choices: VapeOnly eGo USB Flashlight Battery 1100mAh, eGo Battery
    or
    This model is slightly more advanced than the other 2 & has variable voltage with clear to read increments, that you select by turning a dial on the base: SMOK eGo Winder Variable Voltage Battery 1100mAh, VV Twist eGo Batteries

Chargers for the above batteries (not needed for the passthrough style batt):

I recommend ordering 2 in case one is damaged or breaks. The first is the better option & the ones I would get if available, if they aren't, then I have added a link for the same type of charger, which is a bit slower at charging but both do exactly the same job & cost the same:
    VapeOnly USB Charger for e-Cigarette, w/ Cord
    or
    EVOD USB charger with cord for Kangertech EVOD kit

Many people already have one of these for use with other devices & they will usually work fine, if you don't have one then I recommend getting 1, as it is safer to charge from the wall than from a PC USB socket:
    AC-USB adapter (be sure to select Australian socket type)

Two clearomisers minimum (I would get no more than 4):
    These are a proven & reliable design, which work well with any of the battery options above:
    eGo EVOD Clearomizer, KangerTech EVOD Glass Dual Coil Pyrex Clearomizer 1.5ml

Also a 5 pack of replacement coils will keep your Evods in good working order, when the coil in them dies:
    Please only select the 1.5 ohm or 1.2ohm (if you want a slightly warmer vape) replacement coils, which will ensure your batteries are not being over worked.
    Replacement Dual Coil for KangerTech Cartomizers 5pc

Two of these kits will have, 2 chargers( a spare in case one fails) at least 2 clearomisers, at least 2 batteries & a pack of spare coils, all you really need to start vaping minus the juice. So if you bought the bare minimum cheapest products, it would cost around $35US or under $50 Au

If you find you enjoy vaping, you will likely want to upgrade to better devices, as a first mod, I highly recommend the Joytech Evic VTC Mini (mod only, the tanks in the kits are not great), you will also need some good quality batteries I recommend Samsung 25R 18650 batts for this & a good quality charger. The intention of this guide is to keep prices down as much as possible for absolute beginners who may not know if vaping is for them or not, so I will not go into more detail about that mod or mods in general.

Juice
    Next you will want some juice my minimum recommendation is 12 bottles x 10ml at 18mg/ml strength, pre-mixed juices in various flavors, this should be enough to last 3-4 weeks & give you a week to try vaping before needing to reorder more juice (shipping from overseas takes time 2 weeks is common but it can be delayed).
    I recommend a vanilla, apple, RY4 & red cola be included in your choices, perhaps also a mint or menthol.

It is also advisable to get 3 x 10ml in 24mg/ml strength (select these in the same flavors as some of the 18mg/ml) & 3x 10ml in 0mg/ml strength (same flavors(s) as the 24mg/ml) the reason for this is so that you can combine strengths to tailor the juice to a strength you are more comfortable with, if needed. Duplicating the flavor selections in different strengths will keep the flavor the same & only adjust the nicotine strength.

http://www.heavengifts.com/(New-Package)-10ml-Hangsen-PG-e-juice-e-liquid-with-53-flavors.html

or
    10ml Dekang E-Juice E-Liquid PG Based with 59 flavors, DK E-Liquid

Optional devices:
    If you want to stop there, you can & will be able to start vaping with just the above. The included clearos in the kits above are bottom coil design & have replaceable coil heads, having replaceable heads extends their life & saves you money in the med-long term. If you want to try different clearomisers/tanks etc then there are some other good ones to try, which I will not list here for the sake of simplicity.

Items for mixing
    Some plain PG & some plain VG will come in handy if you need to dilute your juice later on & it is cheap to grab 3 or 4 bottles of each at the same time:
    PG / VG Base E-Liquid, E-Juice E-Cigarette | Heaven Gifts
    Some empty mixing bottles will also come in handy, perhaps 4x 30ml & 4x 10ml to start with:
    30ml soft LDPE semi-transparent needle tip empty bottle with Childproof cap
    &
    10ml soft LDPE dropper bottle with Childproof cap

A syringe is also a good idea to grab for measuring liquids & refilling some kinds of clearos etc, I would grab 1 or 2 of each size:
    E-juice Injector with Safe Blunt 18G Needle, 3ml
    &
    5ml e-juice injector with safe blunt 18G needle

Devices not recommended
    I DO NOT recommend v2cigs(etc), overpriced, cigalikes for anyone!

Cost & shipping:
    CN E-Packet shipping is usually fast, you should get your package in around 2 weeks or sooner. Including shipping the above will cost around $110 -$120Au for the basics, if you choose to add extras it will cost a bit more.

To keep it a bit more simple & so that newbies can check to see they have all that they really need to get started, here is the TL: DR version of the above.
    First create a free account with Heaven Gifts, then use the links in this thread to add the items into your cart & when finished adding items check that you have at least what is listed below:

• E-juice 12x 10ml @ 18mg/ml
    • Clearomiser tank x2
    • Battery x2
    • Charger x2 (not needed with the passthrough type batts)
    • Replacement coils 1x 5pack
    • Also recommended but not absolutely needed 3 or 4 x 30ml bottles of PG & the same of VG
    Last edited by Noe; 03-03-17 at 07:57 AM.
    CMB, essiemessy, Fatman and 6 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Weres the ozzie vendors mate

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    Clearly sponsored by heaven gifts. ..sh!t list too...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Let me point out that Heaven Gifts actively supports AVF with their generous give-aways ... when was the last time your favoured vendor conducted a give-away on AVF?

Having said that, I support Aussie Vendors where I can, but you can't legally buy nicotine based juice from an Aussie vendor. These lists are designed so that a newbie buys all their gear plus juice from one spot, thereby minimising postal charges. And there is nothing wrong with EVODs as the first clearo, they are a very good choice.

The only hesitation I have with Noe's list is the 1100mAh batteries ... I question whether someone just giving up the smokes is ready for a battery and clearo whose length is about 150mm (or 6" for us older guys). But having specified 2 chargers is basic common sense, as is having 2 batteries, clearos and backup coils.

Let the new guys try stuff at minimal cost before they "upgrade" to the 200W and 0.1 ohm coils that people seem to advocate nowadays.
    Noe, Stomp, essiemessy and 4 others like this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

LNB
    AVF Regular
    So who is my favoured vendor gt? I don't care where people buy from...

Super Moderator
    I didn't say you cared where people bought from.

But that diverts attention from what is basically a reasonably good list for people who want to transition from cigarettes to a less harmful way of enjoying their nicotine.
    Last edited by gtadmin; 01-01-16 at 02:38 AM. Reason: frugal with words as always
    Slothy and Fatman like this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    I think the list's ok. Price point is pretty good for noobs, a lot of whom seem understandably cautious about splashing out too much for something that's pretty-much an unknown for them. It's certainly good enough for someone to get a sense of whether they want to go they journey or not, and it's a helluva lot better than many of us started on!

HG is ok as a vendor for this purpose. Always been reliable. No doubt we'd all prefer a local vendor, but then suggesting one over the other is territory to be avoided I reckon.
    Noe likes this.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    When Aussie vendors can legally supply nicotine containing ejuice, then they could reasonably be used to supply the needed items in this list.
    Since they can not legally supply nicotine ejuice, that makes Aussie vendors inelligble as a one stop newbie shop.

Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Obviously some people are so cynical they can not see the difference between the woods & the trees.
    The list wasn't made for already vapers or even for vapers that have the support of other experienced vapers, it was made for smokers who want to try vaping cheaply & have no clue where to start.
    The items listed are all proven reliable, are simple to operate & cheap to buy, leaving the new vaper in a position where they are not breaking the bank & worried too much about their outlay, while having a high probability of success without major hiccups when the kit arrives.
    Many of us started on similar or even worse kits than this, which cost much more, often had issues that needed to be worked out & without persistence many of us would have just gone back to smoking. The idea is by listing a kit that is cheap & close to foolproof, less smokers that try vaping with the kit on their own (many do not want to post on the forums or know other vapers) will be less inclined to relapse back into smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Let me point out that Heaven Gifts actively supports AVF with their generous give-aways ... when was the last time your favoured vendor conducted a give-away on AVF?

Having said that, I support Aussie Vendors where I can, but you can't legally buy nicotine based juice from an Aussie vendor. These lists are designed so that a newbie buys all their gear plus juice from one spot, thereby minimising postal charges. And there is nothing wrong with EVODs as the first clearo, they are a very good choice.

The only hesitation I have with Noe's list is the 1100mAh batteries ... I question whether someone just giving up the smokes is ready for a battery and clearo whose length is about 150mm (or 6" for us older guys). But having specified 2 chargers is basic common sense, as is having 2 batteries, clearos and backup coils.

Let the new guys try stuff at minimal cost before they "upgrade" to the 200W and 0.1 ohm coils that people seem to advocate nowadays.
    Thank you GT, finally someone who get's it & has a real question.
    I chose 1100mah batteries because they will last a full 12hrs of a working shift (if needed to), before needing to be recharged & also because they represent better value than 4x 650mah batteries (which would be close to the equivalent in run times), while only being 20-25mm longer than the 650mah battery.
    Sure the point could be argued that newbied would perhaps prefer something a little shorter but then similarly the argument could be made that they would prefer cigalikes because they closer resemble cigarettes that they are used to.
    In the final analysis, I decided on 1100mah batteries for the reasons mentioned above & because through the years I have seen many new vapers quickly become accostomed to using an array of devices, some of which are vastly different from a cigarette & a great deal larger than an 1100mah pen style battery.
    Last edited by Noe; 01-01-16 at 09:58 AM. Reason: typos
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Good one Noe. Again it is a great beginners list. New vapers should avoid the sub-ohm trend or rebuildables when starting out as the idea is to get them off cigarettes first and foremeost. I still know a few people that are perfectly happy with setups similar to the above and have been vaping for a long time
    Noe, Batfink and Heavenbound like this.

AVF Regular
    wrong thread
    Last edited by shaneo; 01-01-16 at 01:50 PM. Reason: wont bother

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast