Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: sense of taste just took a break

sense of taste just took a break

ok there I was happily vaping away in my desk when all of a sudden i noticed the flavor was gradually getting bland..
    i dripped, switched cartos, tried a different juice, adjusted the voltage, but to no avail, everything tasted like chalk..

then it hit me..

It wasnt the juice or cartos, it was my taste buds gone haywire. it felt dry and numb.
    same feeling like when you accidentally burn the tip of your tongue from a sipping of hot beverage.
    I started to panic in my head and off to google i went to try and find what the problem was.

I felt a sudden burst of relief in discovering that it is a normal thing that happens to a lot of vapers sometimes.
    especially if you vape a certain flavor repeatedly. you burn them out (or at least that was my understanding).
    Apparently, the taste buds will eventually regenerate itself to normal working order within a few days.

Im hoping it will be sooner than later cause ive just ordered a bunch of new flavors and vaping unflavoured liquid
    isnt as nice.

At the moment im hitting the doublers until my TB decides to wake up.

Just out curiosity.. anybody else experienced this?

AVF Regular
    nope...and i hope not ever.

any throat hit from the nic though?

Quote Originally Posted by AddictRick View Post
    nope...and i hope not ever.

any throat hit from the nic though?
    yep, TH remains the same, its just the flavour thats off..

AVF Regular
    phew, i think i wouldn't mind if it happened to me.
    i get the same only when i'm coming down with the flu. first my throat goes dry, then comes the sneezing and the runny nose. then i lose all sense of taste and smell. so i believe i know what you're going through.

you're missing out on all the flavours you should have been vaping now!!!!! j/k. hope you get your sense of taste back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AddictRick View Post
    phew, i think i wouldn't mind if it happened to me.
    i get the same only when i'm coming down with the flu. first my throat goes dry, then comes the sneezing and the runny nose. then i lose all sense of taste and smell. so i believe i know what you're going through.

you're missing out on all the flavours you should have been vaping now!!!!! j/k. hope you get your sense of taste back soon.
    exactly the same thing as that.. but only in vaping, food and drinks are still Ok.
    It should be fine in a few days cheers Rick!

some flavours like cinnamon can seem to knock out the taste buds for days.
    I think a coating of PG/VG can occur too, cheap coles mouthwash does the job of a rinse or a quick sip of a nice single malt will work too if your wallet allows
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    hhmmm... I think mine gpne haywire as well. I can only taste kooks bount out of the 3 doubler i've got. And theres a kind of a tingling in the middle of my tongue as well. Anywho might do some moderation again on vaping...i think i went to hard and to hot..

CCC
    There was someone talking about nuts making their tastebuds die for a few days. It happens to me sometimes, i know it sounds gross but scrape your tounge with a spoon. It doesn't last very long in most cases. A strong menthol may get you through.

i found that switching flavors works for me.
    if i vape tobaco then i switch to asweet flavour for an hour or so & then back to tobaco & i can taste it again.

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Yeah I get this all the time. I cant vape any flavor for more then a day or I stop tasting it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast