Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question New eGo-T, few days use, burnt taste in one atomizer..?

Hi all,

Great forum I imagine I'll be posting here a bit

I've read several threads on this issue - burnt taste especially with tank systems - and just wanted to explain what's happened and what I'm going to try and see if anyone with more experience has any comments. I'm fairly new to vaping - got a few 510-t's late last year and they were great, then was back on analogs for a while, and last week got back into vaping with some new ego-t's and new flavours etc.

Anyway - two brand new eGo-Ts a few days old. Been alternating between the two with roughly equal usage. Vaping some old juices I got from HealthCabin until my new mixers arrive and I can use my new JuiceWhore juices. But they're all PG heavy AFAIK nothing too viscous.
    This morning, got an awful strong burnt taste from one atty, which I think must have been working fine when I used it 1-2 days ago or I would have noticed. The other one - which I thrashed the day before (2 full type A tanks used) is still fine. Even though I'd refilled the tank on the bad tasting one, the longer I used it the worse the burnt taste became.

I've been using them until the tank's almost empty; generally 1-2mm left although I think I used one until there was just a tiny residue left in the tank. After some reading I realize this is a bad thing and maybe this contributed.

I'll try cleaning; after a bad experience destroying my 510 attys with scented isopropyl, I'm going to try a vinegar/water mix which I read about on the forum.

And I'll inspect the wick and push it so it pokes out towards the tank a bit more.

As to the cause, am I right that a burnt taste is basically because there's not enough liquid in the atomizer? Which could be caused by lots of different things - a bad wick, a blocked atomizer, low juice, etc. ?? To help prevent this, should I leave more juice in the tanks and not run them to 1-2mm left?

And, is it worth trying to save this atty, or should I just write it off?

Thanks heaps anyone who reads. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it all eventually, like any gadget takes a while to get the vibe of how to use it properly.

Hi sync and welcome!

Luck of the draw with EGO-T atty's really. There are a few things you can do though to keep it going but they are pretty temperamental. If you're getting burnt hits, this could be -
    Too thick eliquid
    Too dark e liquid (gums up the coils and wick faster)
    Not enough eliquid
    Wick needs adjustment, push down closer to the coil, (not too much though in case you then have flooding issues)
    LAST RESORT ONLY- If you've ruled out these (and there's probably more I've missed), clean it, then take it apart (remove the needle bridge). You can dry burn the atty without the bridge until the coil burns bright and you can flame clean the wick - hold the wick bridge in some tweezers and flame the wick with a lighter till it's white (dont touch it until it cools down, the wick can get quite brittle). drop some pg or vg on the wick, pop it back in the atty and try loading up again!! I'm pretty sure there's youtube vids around with it.
    Hope this helps, gives you something to do anyway

I haven't saved sh*t! woops:

Super Moderator
    Hi sync welcome, ego attys come with primer inside you need to blow it out via battery end to remove it before use as this can taste horrible.
    Buzz pro, Provari, Reo Mini, Ego

a few thoughts...
    try filling with bicarb soda and adding vinegar, hold finger over end and let it flush through. it works a treat.
    a dry burn is always better than throwing the thing away.
    pulling the tank back half a mm then pushing it back on adds a little more juice to the atty for those wicking issues.
    joyetech primer fluid does not usually taste like crap, i vape the stuff, tastes like PEG400 to me. other brands can be yuk.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks heaps for the replies everyone!

Re. Primer, yeah thanks I know about that. And yeah I just vape through it it goes away pretty quickly. This was much worse - like burning plastic or rubber or something. The taste really sticks in your throat too and other vapes taste weird for a while.

I tried the bicarb and vinegar rinse as that sounded good to me. Worked a treat - for about 10 puffs, then the burnt taste started coming back. I tried different juices including no-flavour PG and it definitely tasted bad. So I think it's definitely the atomiser which went bad. Weird it happened so quickly, I should see if it's covered by warrantee..

When I was trying everything out I had a moment when all my ecigs started tasting weird. Was momentarily convinced it was bad juice or a bad tank! There was some dark brown residue stuck near the mouthpiece of one tank, and I was using a juice I'd never used much I realised. But yeah after at least 3 cleanings and trying different juices with the same result each time I figure it must be the atty. And my sense of taste seems to have recovered and my other two active ecigs taste fine now even with the juice mix that was tasting burnt.

But, I've learned a good way to clean atomisers, and other general info, so all good.

I may tinker with the wick on the weekend and see if I can fix it. If nothing else be interesting to see how they work a bit more.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Sounds like wicking to me. Maybe juice not feeding out of the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

I guess the atomizer is bad. try a new atomizer.

AVF Regular
    If you like the tank idea try a better tank system like the dct v2 tank from juice whore or a liquinator tank. Heaps cheaper to change a carto on the dct then the ego atty. I use the dct at home and when im on the boat and a 510 tank with the large whistle style tank when im at work. I had so many problems with the ego-t tanks and atties from leaking to burnt taste I gave up. I might have a few unused ego-t atties in my cupboard you can have if you cant fix yours and get stuck, I wont ever use them again.

php
    The others have pretty much covered it. Sounds like it's not wicking enough to me too. Don't ya hate that burnt taste; worse than smoking! Put it aside for a rainy day's tinkering and crack a new one.

With all the Chinese clones around you'll probably find inconsistencies amongst different vendors too. I seemed to have better luck with eGo-T stuff from the healthy cabin as opposed to the green house. Not insinuating anything, just my milage, and we all know it varies. One thing's for sure; when that favourite atomiser dies it can be a pain to find the next!

I still use a few tanks occasionally, when out, but for overall reliability in the long run find it hard to go past low resistance cartomisers on the eGos.
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

my mileage was the same with the gh1 clones, the real deal from hc is far better imo.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast