• 1 Post By Djaye
  • 1 Post By giruvian
  • 2 Post By Djaye
  • 1 Post By Djaye
  • 1 Post By captive

Thread: Kangertech Topbox Mini

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Kangertech Topbox Mini

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Vaping, I've got some real gold from your forum, IE One member recommended HILIQ as a source to buy cheap juice. (thanks to that member btw). So I'm sure someone will be able to help me with my question.

As you've read in the title, I've bought myself a Kanger Topbox Mini. Before I ask the questions, I'll give you some important information to help answer my questions more accurately.

I'm was a heavy smoker, so most of the juice I have is 18mg. The juice I Vape is 50/50. I like a throat hit, and I like a bit of warmth when I inhale. I am currently running a SS Coil in it. Now to the questions.

1. What is the best wattage? (It's currently set at 20W). Could someone explain what's going on when I select low wattage and high wattage?

2. What is the best temperature? (Currently 155c).

3. What setting do I select if I run a Clapton coil in it? There is only SS, TI, NI & NC auto settings

4. Could someone explain the colour coding on the coils, what is the coil with the blue band?, (My eyesight is shite, and I can't read any of the info in the operation manual, and I can't read half of the info that is engraved on them. If you have a Topbox, and over 45 you will know what I mean).

5. To save battery power, what settings would you suggest?

6. Which is the best battery type. What is the difference between VTC5 and VTC4? (I've got a handle on m/ah).

Thanks again for your help, and also for having such a great forum. Sorry if what I've asked is too noobie.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

Super Moderator
    Yeah it is too noobie - get off the forum

Baha just kidding

And I have no idea how to answer your question, I just posted here to pay out on you.

Welcome to AVF
    Vape Vixen likes this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Lol, I was getting worried there for a minute
    giruvian and muscovyduckling like this.

Super Moderator
    Us moderators have great social skills

But you're feeling all loved and welcome now

Rightyho my job is done.

NEXT.......
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    I can't comment on the temp control Part, but with the normal coils I'd start with 35w for .5 ohm resistance.
    You might take your head off with 18mg juice though mate. Headaches might come out of nowhere.
    SS takes a bit more power to get up to temp I think. So one setting for all might not work.
    See how you.go

Quote Originally Posted by Holmesy View Post
    I can't comment on the temp control Part, but with the normal coils I'd start with 35w for .5 ohm resistance.
    You might take your head off with 18mg juice though mate. Headaches might come out of nowhere.
    SS takes a bit more power to get up to temp I think. So one setting for all might not work.
    See how you.go
    Yeah, I bumped it up to 35w, running HiLIQ coffee flavour, makes the taste pop out a bit more, cheers
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    Yeah, I bumped it up to 35w, running HiLIQ coffee flavour, makes the taste pop out a bit more, cheers
    Here is my 2 cents worth, I hope I got it right
    Set you mod to the wattage that suits the coils, vapor amount and flavor you want from your vape. Generally speaking the higher the wattage the lower the flavor but bigger vapor.
    Best advice is start low and work up until it suits you.

If you have your mod set at 35 watts without temp control then it keeps pumping 35 watts through your coils.
    If you have temp control set your mod will run at 35 watts until it reaches that set temp then drop the watts to hold that temp, this stops over heating and possible burning of the cotton and juice.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

Thanks mate, that is very helpful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What kind of MOD are you using with it? I've been loving the tank on my eVIC VT but thinking about moving to a MOD that has removable batteries since I found out my one has a tendency to die in the USB port.

AVF Regular
    Kanger doesn't have SS coils so are you building your own coil? Kanger only have Nickel and Kanthal coils (and soon ceramic)

(the coils you may be referring to are SSOCC coils, but they are just kanthal but the housing the coil sits in is SS. They aren't temp controllable)