Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cleaning & refilling Elusion cartomizers

Hi. I haven't started vaping yet, as I'm waiting on a battery from Elusion. I have ordered some VG juice from the UK as I don't want to use the PG liquid.

I have the Elusion cartomizers (?? total noob here ), and I have looked up videos etc, and have popped the cap off, with the silicone stopper.

What I wanted to know was, how do I clean out the cartomizer so all the prefilled liquid that's in there is cleaned out prior to me putting my fluid in?

I will also be (hopefully) at a later date, looking for another e cig that has a standard fitting so I can buy blank cartomizers.

Thanks guys.

don't want to use PG but never tried it .. that will be likely your first major mistake. VG goes rancid in use pretty quick, you wont find many people avoiding PG totally and unless you are allergic to the stuff, thats plain crazy.
    You could likely just rinse them out in water and let them dry, if they have not been vaped it wont be hard to get out.
    try it with a couple and see how it goes.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Thanks Stoney. I did try the PG, but as the battery wouldn't work, I just sucked up some of the taste (not liquid) and fumes. My mouth felt really burnt a few hours later, like I'd eaten a hot meat pie had burnt my tongue and back of my lips. I hadn't done anything else, so decided to try VG first after that experience.

But, I won't clean them all out - just a few to try VG. Maybe I will feel more comfortable to try the PG ones after I can actually start.
    Last edited by bren; 18-02-12 at 07:44 PM.

yuk, don't sound pleasant .. if it was juice with nic in it, perhaps it was the nic in the liquid, in general, juice never tastes real flash .. but I have never heard of that effect with just the fumes.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Hi Bren and welcome
    I clean my cartomizers in a similar way to this
    you will have some successes and some failures

Make sure they are really dry before you refill with your juice

How to clean cartos - YouTube

Thanks Stoney, and yes, they are nic ones.

Thank you margyb. That seems really easy, but I've never seen a suction thingo that big lol. I will try that. Do you think just soaking them in some boiling water (as they're unused) would work until I can find something like that?

I'm a total noob, as I already said, but really eager to start trying. Is 20mgs nic VG juice too high? I can order another that is lower. I just got a small 10mls starter bottle, and it was only $9 including post.

AVF Regular
    i never cleaned out my elusions cause im a lazy bastard and cause i was also giving up smoking.so didnt have time.just refilled with totally wicked dunhill juice with a syringe and kept chain vaping.good luck with giving up bren.
    RIP VP

20 should be fine, comes down to what smokes you are on probably, it can be diluted down anyway if required.
    much better than getting one too weak too start with.
    you wont need to go to extremes to clean them out as they are unvaped, the stuff will not need a lot of persuasion to be removed and then an airdry for a few days will dry them out pretty well.
    I would still wait till you get a battery to try them first personally or just clean a couple out to start with and leave the rest for the time being.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all the fast help. I'm really nervous about this, but really want to try to quit smoking.

I will just clean 1 out Stoney, and leave the rest. I read that 20mgs should be okay. I'm a pack a day Longbeach Fine, but Quitline told me I get just as much nicotine in those as a heavy smoke. You just get less tar in light smokes. She said I can have 40mgs total nicotine a day (not in an e cig, but with all the other quit smoking aids).

I really am overwhelmed by all the different things out there, so once I work out that I can actually vape (and yes, now I am waiting for a working battery lol), I will then do better research on a long term option. Just to confirm, I didn't know the battery wasn't working. I thought I was doing something wrong, so kept dragging on it, so maybe I did get quite a bit of fumes. I know I didn't get any liquid though, as I was really mindful of that. Thanks so much guys.
    Last edited by bren; 18-02-12 at 08:18 PM.

AVF Regular
    That big suction thingo is just a turkey baster- you can get them anywhere they sell cooking utensils.
    I suck boiling water into my cartomizers and then force it out
    ( do it about 4-5 times)
    How many cigarettes do you smoke each day ? and do you know what strength they are? This helps determine how much nicotine you will need mg/ml.
    I used to smoke 30-40 cigarettes a day and i use 24mg/ml of nicotine in my cartomisers at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast