Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: New boy, still smoking..... :-(

AVF Regular
    Yes all good advice.. The biggest newbie mistake I made was buying all different types of tobacco flavours to try and make it as close to cigarette as possible... Big mistake!! 99% tasted like crap and I almost gave up..

If your like me and take a decent draw on your smoke and want that nic hit then your like 90% of ex smokers here.. Grab a juice by the name of RY4... It's not jailhouse whiteox and it's not like listerene mouth wash.. It is pallatable and a common favorite world wide.
    To be honest, flavours means faaaaark all when ur switching, u just don't want to be put off and grab your old pouch. You need a nic hit and nothing does it better than a decent setup with a tight draw for you. If I still lived in Sydney I'd meet you at Penrith and give u a go but alas I can't..
    Another lil tip I can give you is u want a decent starter kit... Your gonna be sucking on that thing hard at first and crap clones will fail and ur back to the pouch again.
    Do it right, do it once and enjoy being able to smell your own farts again������
    Can't put a price on your life so buy decent.... And good luck, I'm only one week into zero cigs but I'm doing it.. No question is silly by the way, ask whatever you feel like.

AVF Regular
    Yeah I'd get a RY4 (which is a caramel tobacco blend), a menthol, and a fruity one (sorta can't go wrong with grape or Apple, and pineapple or honeydew ones I've tried have all been nice too). Then you have three very different flavours, and you can also add a drop of your menthol juice to a tank of fruity juice or RY4 juice.

AVF Regular
    If you can go along to a Vape meet in your area. I'm sure something would be coming up soon in NSWs.

IME... Ridiculously friendly people who want to help.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    +1 and 2 for RY4. It is my ADV. I originally started on the Dekang version from Heavens Gift I think it was. Nowadays it is the Juice factory super concentrate DIY that I make. RY4 connoisseurs might slag it off as being not the best that they have ever tried but it is acceptable for me and it is so freaking cheap per ml that I can vape for virtually nothing per year.

If you don't mind spending a bit of coin I would recommend Halo Tribecca, yum!! Also for a cheaper option I remember Alchemy and Affinty by Kritike(AVF member from way back) to be quite tasty! https://www.vapersphere.com.au/produ...quid-doublers/
    fabricator4 likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks very much for all the responses and welcomes. I'll have to read this all properly tomorrow, as it's been a "rather difficult" day since I posted this morning.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

Ok, have watched the vid, and I think that the Joyetech eGo AIO will be a good starting place. I have to break this down into steps due to the plethora of info involved. So let me see if I have this correct:

Step 1 - hardware.
    Get two Joyetech eGo AIO devices
    1 pack of 5 spare coils
    How long does a coil last for?

I was thinking of ordering them from The Vaper Caper. They are listed on vapeassist, so I assume they are reputable?

Step 2 - eJuice
    This is where it's getting tricky and confusing (partly due to an acquired mild brain injury that restricts info absorption).
    Supply from the USA is likely to be very expensive for postage, and farily slow.
    Supply from NZ should be much quicker and cheaper post.

Just to reiterate that I'm a menthol smoker, and perhaps crisscross can assist please.

I think it wise that I just get a pre-blended menthol which includes nic. Blending my own juice would be down the track. Trouble is I don't know what quantities to buy to account for future ordering/postage delays, nor what strength of nic to go for. On the other hand, I don't want to buy a whole bunch of something on spec, and find it not too my taste.

But firstly, which supplier from NZ?
    nzvapor.com
    cosmicnz.co.nz
    nakedvapour.co.nz
    eliquids.nz
    vapourcigarettes.co.nz
    soulblu.co.nz
    vapo.co.nz
    etc
    etc
    etc

They all came from a Google search "ejuice suppliers new zealand".

I should also say that the cost is not a real big deal because I'm presently spending $100+ per week on tobacco, and that is set to rise with the May 3 budget.

AVF Regular
    Hello again

To answer some questions: coils on the AIO should last you around a week to 10 days, maybe even more since you'll have two devices on the go simultaneously. It will depend how much you vape and what juices you're vaping. Also you might accidentally burn a couple (by forgetting to prime your coil and stuff), and the flavours stay in the coils so if you want to vape a different flavour sometimes you have to use a new coil. So I would buy 2 x 5 packs. (Each AIO also comes with two coils in the box).

Yep, you'll be fine buying from The Vaper Caper. (But just because a business is listed on vapeassist, doesn't mean they're reputable. But you can tell the not-reputable businesses by their ridiculously high prices). Some places in Oz I've bought from are VapourEyes, House of Vape, VapeStreet, Vape King, and Nimbus Vapours - they are all great, and there are plenty of other great vendors out there too.

Now. About mixing and juices and stuff. Now everyone's different, but you'll probably go through about 5ml of juice per day. So perhaps buy 4 x 30ml bottles of premixed juice in your first order. That will last you about a month (assuming you like all the flavours).

About mixing: well, mixing up your own 'doublers' that you purchase in Oz is easy peasy; it's a bit harder than making a glass of cordial, but much easier than making a cake from a packet mix, if that helps you imagine it? It's not the same as 'DIY mixing' which is harder, and it's definately not as hard as making your own recipes up from scratch! Also buying doublers can be a lot cheaper than buying premixed stuff from OS. It will take you about 2 mins to mix up a doubler, and it's nothing to be scared of.

I really think you should buy some plain nicotine base from OS when you buy your first batch of juice from OS for two practical reasons: first, you're still not sure what level of Nic you'll like/need, and if you have your own plain Nic base you can add Nic to your juices if you find they're not strong enough. Second, if you don't like your flavours, or you burn through your juices quicker than you thought, it's a lot quicker to order doublers in Oz and add your Nic to then, than ordering premixed stuff for OS.

With that said, many people start off at 18mg Nic, but you could buy a few different strengths - a bottle of 24mg, a bottle of 18mg, and a 12mg one to try. If you have your own Nic you can beef up the lower Nic ones if required, and if you buy a bottle of PG or VG from The Vapour Caper with your AIOs you can water down the stronger juices if you find the Nic level too high.

About the NZ vendors you listed: I have had a quick look at them, and I actually think you should make your first order from Hiliq, which is in China. There's nothing wrong with the NZ vendors, but most of them offer the more fashionable dessert type flavours and fruity blends (which are popular at the moment), but you seem more keen on menthol and tobacco flavours, which Hiliq offer. They also sell very good quality plain nicotine base. Shipping from Hiliq might cost you as much as $30USD, but maybe less (vs $25NZD if you buy from NZ) but it will still arrive in about 4 days.

So if I were you, my order would look like this:

THE VAPOUR CAPER
    -2 x Ego AIOs
    -2 x packs of 0.6ohm AIO coils
    -small bottle of VG (around 125ml?)
    -a 5ml and a 10ml syringe
    -4 x small empty bottles

The Vapour Caper Total: less than $100

HILIQ
    - smallish (about 200ml) bottle of 100mg unflavoured nicotine base in 100% PG (note: do NOT choose the 'pure nicotine' option - that is 1000mg and is dangerous!!!)
    - 4 or 5 x 30mg bottles of ejuice (one at 24mg, two at 18mg, one at 12mg Nic if you like - all at 50:50 PG:VG ratio - include an RY4, a menthol tobacco, a fruity one, and a straight menthol/mint one...or whatever takes your fancy!)

Hiliq Total: I don't know, but probably around $50USD.
    Last edited by muscovyduckling; 16-04-16 at 09:13 PM.

AVF Regular
    Coils can last from 3 days to a week. Most people find the week to be on the mark but it depends on the juice and how you vape. Thicker, darker juices, and those with higher VG tend to clag the coils up quicker.

Expect to vape between 3 and 10mls per day if you get something with strong enough nicotine. It's while since I've bought liquids from NZ. Postage is cheaper, but the product does tend to be expensive, unless things have changed. NZ is a good choice if you need liquid in three days though.

Maybe give Hiliq a go. They have mixed liquids but are a good source of nicotine and flavour concentrates, and delivery is about a week. eg: Menthol MB E-Liquid Flavor 30ml - Wholesale E Cigarette Liquid , Buy liquid nicotine online, Buy E liquid nicotine wholesale. I'd suggest 12mg/ml nicotine might be a good place to start. You could also get some higher and some lower just in case. You could mix them together to make 12mg/ml if that turned out to be correct.

You could also get some High strength menthol liquid. It's handy to add to almost anything else you might buy if you want to add that menthol blast. Try a few different tobacco or even other type vapes. There's no easy way - Most people have to try a few things until they find out what works best for them.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Regular
    +1 very good advice and duckling has done the home work... Can't go wrong with that combo. Just be carefull on ur nic % as it's very easy to press a button and suck down a few mls of 24% nic in 30 mins... That's more than ur total day nic addiction now. I've been there, break out into a sweat and shaky hands.. I start with highish nic in morning after u have slept without ur cig then tone it back to 12% during the day to take the edge off.
    As you can see by my signature I'm also just going threw it but it's working and a lot easier than I thought it would be.
    Luckily I had a long term member here tell me what to do even before I joined the forum.
    Nearly everyone has been in your shoes and been there done that. The advice u are getting is for your own benefit and not based on what I/we prefer but what will suit your situation.. Good luck bud ��
    FenceFurniture likes this.

Gentlemen, that is a magnificent help - thank you so much!

Just going through the HiLiq site now.

S'funny, I've just been through the whole tech-up thing buying a new laptop and peripherals. I got some USB dust port caps for $1.16......including post from China. Coupla weeks ago I got two new batteries for my Nokia 6110 for $3.26 each posted (and I WILL get 10 years out of that excellent phone!).

That sort of postage takes a while (3-4 weeks) and i suspect is heavily subsidised by the Chinese Govt. They prolly fill up a pallet and send it by sea I suppose. O'course eJuice needs a little more priority........but with forward planning.....
    Holmesy likes this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast