Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bren

Thread: 808 Battery Type E-Cigs

808 Battery Type E-Cigs

So I've been reading lots of reviews, researching different products while I'm waiting on mine to arrive. A lot of Companies are using the 808 battery, so I wondered if these are actually better by brand, or are they all the same thing with different packing? I have also read there is a gen 1, and a gen 2.

I saw them quite cheaply at heaven-gifts, but are they as good as the bigger brand ones? Are there any local suppliers that sell them? I really want to start trying to use an e cig.

Thanks.

CCC
    808 is the thread type (screw on part) 808 is popular, but i think 510 is more so.

So if you get an 808 model you have to buy 808 stuff to attatch to it, or get an adaptor to use 510 stuff.

Thanks CCC. The 510 (Joye?) is a tank style I think. I just want to stick with a 2 piece (cartomizer and battery) to start off with. I don't know if there are 510 types that are like this.

Any recommendations are welcomed for a nice 2 piece.

But when you say 808 is just the thread type, does that mean all the brands selling the 808 type battery are different?

I've looked at KR808D-1 (assuming that means gen 1) at heavens-gifts. But also bigger names are mentioned in other forums as using the 808 battery. Like V4L, halo etc. There seems to be a lot of different companies.

I got a Bloog for my mum, that's an 808 type that really works well. Then I learn the Volt from smokelessimage is the same product with different branding only slightly cheaper...

They do have some longer batteries that last a bit longer and the cartos really perform well, she had only tried an Njoy previously.

Thanks Zainwolf. Bloog was another I found yes. There seems to be so many, and they seem like they're all the same thing, just rebranded. That's why I'm a little confused. But if someone says a brand is great, like Bloog, then I don't mind paying more.

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    Thanks CCC. The 510 (Joye?) is a tank style I think. I just want to stick with a 2 piece (cartomizer and battery) to start off with. I don't know if there are 510 types that are like this.

Any recommendations are welcomed for a nice 2 piece.

But when you say 808 is just the thread type, does that mean all the brands selling the 808 type battery are different?

I've looked at KR808D-1 (assuming that means gen 1) at heavens-gifts. But also bigger names are mentioned in other forums as using the 808 battery. Like V4L, halo etc. There seems to be a lot of different companies.
    510 is just the thread size, any 510 cartomizers, tanks, atomizers will fit on a 510 threaded battery. So you can therefore get a 2 piece system using 510 threaded stuff.

The description of an 808 is refering to the thread size, not battery type.

Quote Originally Posted by zainwolf View Post
    I got a Bloog for my mum, that's an 808 type that really works well. Then I learn the Volt from smokelessimage is the same product with different branding only slightly cheaper...

They do have some longer batteries that last a bit longer and the cartos really perform well, she had only tried an Njoy previously.
    I've been researching both zainwolf, and I think I'm going to go with the Smokeless Image Volt. Thanks for your help, and I'll give you an update on how I go with it should I get it.
    zainwolf likes this.

as I understand it the 808 cartos from smokelessimage and bloog are premium ones, they should be a bit better than the generic ones HG are likely to sell... I could be wrong though, since I've not really done business with HG before!

Thanks zainwolf. I've read good things about both of them, and their cartos (bloog & volt) too. I'm buying a cheap KR808 kit to get quickly so I can try as soon as my liquid arrives, and if I can work an e cig, I'll be ordering the Volt. Will definitely give you an update as their postage seems reasonable, and maybe your Mum may like them as an alternative at some stage.