Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Buying cartomizers for eGo-t setup?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Buying cartomizers for eGo-t setup?

Hi all,

While I'm getting much more used to my eGo-t, and figuring out little tricks like how to take apart and clean the atty, drawing without burning to help wick, etc, I'm thinking I should try cartomizers. So - ignoring my old 510t I have a few eGo-T batteries and various atomisers and tanks.

Can I just get any 510 threading cartomizer and chuck it on there? I'll order a few different types from HC and JW but want to make sure I'm not missing something and any 510 cart will work with my battery..

And that's it right - battery into cartomizer and that's all I need? Already am filling via needles so that won't be a prob.

Cheers,

AVF Regular
    Not responsible.... Ever.

Hi sync. Yes! It is that easy. I really like the Boge LR 510D soft cap cartomizers with a drip tip. Easy to fill the first time by the condom method, then drip to top up so you won't need a needle. They're compatible with any 510 bat. You'll find plenty on YouTube about the filling with the condom method.

5pc Boge 510D Soft Cap Empty Cartomizer(7 colors) [Boge 510 D] - $4.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail--
    Search Results : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail--

Ditto on the Boge LR 510s. I also use a drip tip, really just as a mouthpiece.

I have tried a few so far. The only ones I am not keen on are the Kangers. As well as not producing as much vapour as the Boges, they are slightly too wide to allow an eGo cone to fit over them.

php
    Ditto, ditto. Any 510 threaded cartomiser should fit and on the standard eGo batteries I prefer the lower resistance type. For instance, the Boge's come in an LR (Low Resistance - 2ohm) or standard type (3ohm). The Dual Coil types I prefer at 1.5ohm.

Drip tips are good, whether for dripping or not. They make a great mouthpiece/tip on any relevant sized carto.

Haven't really had quoll's problem of an eGo cone not fitting over a Kanger cartomiser but coloured cartomisers usually have a wrapping around them. This can interfere with tanks, covers and the like, but can also be removed with a bit of elbow grease. The stainless steel type don't have that problem. Some cheap clone type eGo covers aren't very consistent with their size of the upper cone opening but can be expanded slightly by slipping a pair of long nosed pliers (or other suitable implement) into the top and twisting.

Some cartomisers can be a bit tricky to fill the first time by dripping from the top if the filling doesn't want to readily soak up the liquid but the Condom filling method should fix that.
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

CCC
    +1 boge LR + cone cover, I love the Echos too they look really good on eGo batts, and hold way more juice than boges.

AVF Regular
    I approve of Boge 510D LRs + cone cover + chrome/ss whistle tip. all stainless = one futuristic shiny pv!

Ive been enjoying a LR "Smoktech DCT Tank" for the past 2 weeks on my ego battery. Will have to get some more, they seems to give a nice warm vape. My aluminium driptip does get a little hot on the lips though on it.

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks v much all for the advice.

I ended up getting:
    - 2 of those stardust/ego clearomizers from VV
    - pack of Boge LR XLs from HC
    - a 3.5ml and 6ml clearomizer from HC

So that should give me something to play with, and try out cartos vs atties..

(man, I was meant to save money by going onto e-cigs haha. but seriously if I ditch tobacco entirely I will save money, and this is worth it all because I'm enjoying it and I'm already smoking a lot less tobacco. just right now while I'm still cutting down on cigs and building up my supply of ecig gear and finding juices I like I'm spending a fortune!)

AVF Regular
    the initial outlay to vaping is expensive (picking out your pv, trying attys cartos tanks, juice and mixtures, etc) but once you've settled in and found your sweet spot(this may change though), it's just the consumables (ie cartos and juice) you have to keep buying regularly.
    CCC likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast