Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Is this normal?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Is this normal?

Hello fellow vapers

Well I am up to 5 weeks now of vaping and still without having a cig so am pretty chuffed by how it is all working out. 35+ yrs of stinkys and have never previously gone more than a day or 2 without them.

One thing I have noticed is when breathing through my nose (much easier to do now) is that I am spraying droplets of liquid?! Not when I am vaping, just normal breathing, easy to see in the sunlight, small droplets of what I first thought was snot lol but have since figured it must be a side effect from vaping? Is this normal? Can I now no longer talk up close to anyone without the fear of spraying them with a snot like substance? Just putting it out there to see if others have had the same symptoms.

Also, as with smoking, I have noticed in the mornings that the first half hour or so of vaping is now making me cough a bit (didnt when I first started), until the lungs settle a bit and I can rip into it.

Was kind of hoping to of coughed up enough tar to re-do the driveway by now but havent coughed anything up so not sure if I will or whether it is normal to either. Might just take me a bit longer

All in all, going ok, have outlayed a few bucks to get started and have so far stuck to premixed nico juice for the sake of convenience. Finding that the MTL tank I started with is no longer giving me the hit I need and was sucking the guts out of it, now have a sub-ohm tank with good airflow which is doing the job nicely although way too much "clouds"? for my liking, seriously looks like I should be smoking out beehives. I would prefer to be a bit more discreet so if anyone has ideas on that please let me know.

Also noticing now that the vapour seems to "hang" in the air a lot longer (inside), I always thought that it dispersed pretty quickly but now looks more like smoke hanging there and hangs around for a while, would rather it didnt to be honest

planning to get into mixing my own juice soon

thanks for any advice!
    Tpe likes this.

Tpe
    AVF Regular
    Firstly congratulations, that is an excellent achievement. I'm guessing you exhale vapour from your nose. Vapour will leave moisture in your nostrils.
    Can't help with the coughing never experienced that.
    Lastly subohm tanks produce very dense" cloudz bro". What mg nicotine are you using in your mtl setup?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    The amount of VG will also affect the amount and thickness of the vapor, there is not much you can do about it lingering unless you have air moving through the room. I started with MTL and went to DL, in the morning, I usually MTL until I have breakfast, otherwise it is harsh on the throat for me too.

As Tpe rightfully suggested, if you exhale from your nose, you will have droplets forming inside your nose...exhale through your mouth if you want to avoid that.
    Tpe likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    I had the same problem as you. not the nose bit, but the lingering clouds.
    Bought an air purfier on ebay, the homedics AT75 if i remember right, and it works like a charm.
    I have it on my desk (where i spend most of my day, puttering on the computer) and when i vape, the clouds get sucked in by the purifier.

Thanks for the suggestions all, taken on board!

If droplets are coming out of my nose, makes me wonder how much fluid is in the lungs?

AVF Regular
    Define "normal".
    Bassman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Bassman likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by swervyn View Post
    Hello fellow vapers

Well I am up to 5 weeks now of vaping and still without having a cig so am pretty chuffed by how it is all working out. 35+ yrs of stinkys and have never previously gone more than a day or 2 without them.
    Congrats on giving up! A lot of people are surprised at how easy it is. Soon you will notice how revolting cigarette smoke smells - it's a watershed moment when you realise you are now a NON-smoker.

One thing I have noticed is when breathing through my nose (much easier to do now) is that I am spraying droplets of liquid?! Not when I am vaping, just normal breathing, easy to see in the sunlight, small droplets of what I first thought was snot lol but have since figured it must be a side effect from vaping? Is this normal? Can I now no longer talk up close to anyone without the fear of spraying them with a snot like substance? Just putting it out there to see if others have had the same symptoms.
    If I exhale a lot through the nose to get the nicotine hit faster (lungs don't really absorb as much nicotine from vaping) Sometimes I have to blow my nose. PG is a slight irritant plus as others have said the vapour will condense in your nose.

Also, as with smoking, I have noticed in the mornings that the first half hour or so of vaping is now making me cough a bit (didnt when I first started), until the lungs settle a bit and I can rip into it.
    I have to use something with a little less throat hit in the morning otherwise it feels a bit harsh. I use a cafe latte which has a very 'soft' hit at first, the switch to my ADV which has menthol and a big throat hit. It's not too bad though - sometimes I just pick up the ADV and hook in.

Was kind of hoping to of coughed up enough tar to re-do the driveway by now but havent coughed anything up so not sure if I will or whether it is normal to either. Might just take me a bit longer
    It takes time. The mechanism is little hairs in the bronchial tubes that move the phlegm up to where you can easily cough it up. 35 years of smoking means that those hairs are pretty well dead. Give it another month or so and your lungs and bronchial tubes will be on the road to recovery. When you do start coughing up it will probably be grey flecks in the phlegm, evidence that your lungs are starting to clear themselves. It can go on for quite some time - months. It also usually only happens in the morning so if you walk around bleary eyed until coffee and breakfast is done, you may not even notice the colour.

All in all, going ok, have outlayed a few bucks to get started and have so far stuck to premixed nico juice for the sake of convenience. Finding that the MTL tank I started with is no longer giving me the hit I need and was sucking the guts out of it, now have a sub-ohm tank with good airflow which is doing the job nicely although way too much "clouds"? for my liking, seriously looks like I should be smoking out beehives. I would prefer to be a bit more discreet so if anyone has ideas on that please let me know.

Also noticing now that the vapour seems to "hang" in the air a lot longer (inside), I always thought that it dispersed pretty quickly but now looks more like smoke hanging there and hangs around for a while, would rather it didnt to be honest

planning to get into mixing my own juice soon

thanks for any advice!
    Sounds like you really need to be doing MTL to solve all of those problems. If the vape is not satisfying then you need something with more throat hit and more nicotine. Usually, the nic you use for MTL needs to be almost double of the nick you use for DL. People going back to MTL after trying DL are often surprised at how satisfying the sharp throat hit is compared to DL. Also Menthol is very useful for throat hit - just a little can make a big difference to the throat hit - I'd go as far as to say that a good throat hit trumps a million "but I never like menthol when I was smoking"ings.

MTL is *probably* healthier for you too. Common sense - we know that vaping is probably not completely harmless so it makes sense that minimising your exposure (ie not blowing cloudz bro) is more likely to be better for you. If you don't want the big vapour of DL, find or mix a juice that gives you what you need in MTL.
    CMB, Gresh11, merexy and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Interesting guys,

I lung hit 15mg all day no probs. 0.3ohm @40w (50 white ox no filter a day prior to vaping)

No problems with a drippy nose, but I brought up literally gallons of the ugliest black phlem for about a month after stopping smoking. I have to say a friend who took up vaping after seeing my success, has also stopped analogues he can not lung hit on my machine, coughs and gets the headache and does not feel to good, so to much nicotine is prob why

Guess what i am trying to say is dont give up, keep trying (yes I smell someone light up now, I wonder how i ever smoked GHASTLY Stink) these guys know what they are talking about.

I dont worry about the clouds, I do however not vape anywhere smoking is prohibited, just makes semse to me.

Could the nose thing also be a symptom of increased airflow now? Just a thought guys.
    fabricator4 likes this.

Thanks so much everyone for your input, everything taken on board and adding to my limited knowledge!

6 weeks tomorrow , really enjoy saying that , almost feel comfortable enough to say I am an ex smoker

Already notice how horrible ciggys smell, but i am not going to preach to ciggy smokers, it is a tough gig and this is a great alternative

Now doing MTL in the mornings and just using the DTL tank for later in the day after a few sherbets. Really hoping to get my family onto this too, $200 pw smokers. I was prob $100 pw with rollies

Just yesterday got some premixed juice from vape shop nz, took 8-9 working days to TAS, was starting to stress lol but now have many weeks worth and now time to order some nic and pg/vg

This is all a big learning curve and it probably puts a lot of people off, especially tailor made smokers who just open a pack and light it, coming from rollies is a bit easier i reckon, i had filters, papers, tobacco. Also have a hobby background with lipo batteries so all good there. The batteries I got are seriously overstated with the capacity, rated 3000Mah, closer to 2200 i reckon

Currently using 3mg in the dtl and 9 mg in the mtl
    fabricator4, upinVape and Smasha like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast