Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New to vaping - guidance needed

New to vaping - guidance needed

Hi, I found this forum about a week ago and as I've been absorbing the info on here like a sponge, I thought it was about time to stop free-loading, bite the bullet & join.. I am very new to vaping and would appreciate some feedback & guidance as to if I'm going about it the right way..

So here's what I've done so far.. I have ordered the joye 510 starters pack from ecigz and 100% pg 36mg Nicotine plus some nico flavours from Health Cabin. I thought I'd start with the pre-mixed RTV (Ready To Vape) nico flavours first & see how i went with those, and if I like the experience then I'll look into mixing my own ejuice with the Nic and some doublers from juice whore, (if i mix 50% 36mg nic + 50% juice doublers it would make 18mg nic juice with 100% flavour right? And if I wanted to cut it down lower than 18mg then I should mix the nico with VG before adding the doubler?)

I would really appreciate some pointers to get me started, especially which tobacco flavours to get from JW which are most similar to smoking (I smoke Longbeach Rich if that helps) I'm really not into getting non tobacco flavours at this stage as the reason i am going the ecig route is to attempt to quit smoking (this is also why I chose to go with the 510 instead of the ego/ego-t, because popular opinion tells me the 510 is a better starter into the vaping world and the most similar experience to smoking.. but hey an ego is def on the horizon once I'm comfortable with the transition)

I'd also like to know what else I need to get to start dyi mixing (so far I plan to get doubler flavours, some VG, syringes, and containers from JW) Is there anything else I've forgotten?)

Also opinions on what PG/VG percentage gives the most similar experience to smoking would be helpful.

Any feedback is highly valued, especially from ex-smokers who have exchanged the anologues for ecigs & remember what it feels like to give them up & what helped them. Hopefully with your help I'll quit the smokes for good & be vaping away with the rest of you

Cheers

everybody here I would say is an ex smoker, look at the sigs

There are lots of older threads for new vapers, generally in the ecig discussion section, may have to got down a few pages to find a lot.

Nothing is truly like smoking ultimately in flavour or feel, but the flavours are an improvement over tongue deadening tar and once the brain realises its getting its nic fix, you will soon prefer it flavour wise.
    Feel is subjective and depends on PG/VG ratios, flavours, nic levels, voltage, atty type and age, airflow etc etc. Never will it be 'just like smoking'. Its a heavier and damper taste.
    At least your name indicates you are in it for the long haul
    moza likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by vaperdude View Post
    Also opinions on what PG/VG percentage gives the most similar experience to smoking would be helpful.
    I'll start off. First you need to make sure you don't have any sort of reaction to PG or VG. IMHO go with a PG straight vape first (even if it's nicotine free) just to make sure you're going to be OK with it. PG gives flavour - VG gives fog, and the magic number seems to be 70% PG to 30% VG. Go there next to see how you handle VG.

If you're lucky you might stop there. Everyone has their own "sweet spot" so 70/30 might not be for you, but it's a great place to start and you can experiment from there.
    moza likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome vaperdude,
    Im a ex smoker like most of us on here and started with tobacco flavours most from juicewhore and a couple of already mixed flavours from os. I never really liked the tabacco flavours (didnt taste anything like a ciggy) and change over to sweet flavours really fast. Ry4 was nice a also dels ultimate but nothing flavoured tasted like a smoke. After a few weeks your taste buds start to come back and most things start to taste wicked again. Also what you said about the doublers is correct.

I vape juicewhore fairy floss, coke and strawberry most of the time now, Some doublers need steeping like my fairy floss, it needs to sit for 2 weeks before I can vape it so make some up in advance. I vape 80% pg 20% vg to get a really good amount of vapor, some atties dont like high levels of vg and causes them to block up, because the vg is really thick (you will find this out when trying to suck it up with a syringe). I still have a vape of ry4 every now and then when im stressed but use sweet flavours as my all day vape. There are so many flavours out there it can be hard to find one you like.

The change over from smokeing to vaping is really easy as long as you find the level of nic you need (im on 24mg) 100x eaiser then any nrt products I have tried. Soon you will start reaching for your 510 without even thinking of grabbing a ciggy.
    Best of luck

The tobacco flavours I like from healthcabin are the desert ship and ry4.

I tend to recommend a more medium nic level like 18 or even 12, you can always cut higher nic down but the flavour could dilute on you if cut down too far...

The real fun with juices begins once you've been away from smoking for a while and your sense of taste comes back, things you never really liked before can be suddenly nice. (On the flipside, some things you liked before can suddenly be not so nice.)

Everybody's definitely different when it comes to tastes. Don't be afraid to try a range of things, you can sample a wide variety of juices and cartos/attys without breaking the bank. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Delco View Post
    The change over from smokeing to vaping is really easy as long as you find the level of nic you need (im on 24mg) 100x eaiser then any nrt products I have tried. Soon you will start reaching for your 510 without even thinking of grabbing a ciggy.
    What many people don't know (and I only found out myself recently) is that 36mg is what is actually required to "match" an analog. Most people (short of pipe or heavy rolly smokers) find that too strong and 21-24mg is a good place to start.

I dropped to 18mg within a few weeks, and since I love chain vaping I now find 12mg is just perfect. 18mg now makes me nauseous after just a few minutes!
    moza likes this.

AVF Regular
    I did try 36mg when I started and it hurt so I dropped down to 24mg. When I mix down from 100mg I just make it 25mg, I think when my next couple of bottles run out im going to drop to 20mg as I seem to vape alot more now then I did 4 months ago

I find every time I go lower, I vape more.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Which is exactly why I dropped

I like. (pause) To Vape.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I Concur !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast