Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The noob has started vaping

The noob has started vaping

Hi guys, well I have everything delivered today, Volt (all charged), and my Ecopure liquid that I filled a blank cartomizer with, and started vaping.

I took a few puffs, and I don't know. I thought it tasted a little burnt, but as I'm new to this, maybe that's how it is. It did seem a little better using the manual battery (same carto), and giving it a sizzling prime first. It tastes a little like burnt popcorn maybe? Could this be the flavour of the Ecopure, or have I not filled it properly?

I used 20 drops which soaked in really easily, left it for over 45 mins, then added another 5 drops and this was still absorbing really easily, and definitely not looking as though it was being too full, so maybe I underfilled it?

I'm going to get a syringe to try filling another that way, but any advice would be helpful if I still get that kind of flavour. It wasn't throat killing, or anything like that, but just a bit different.
    Last edited by bren; 28-02-12 at 08:49 PM.

AVF Regular
    what sort of cartomiser?

Seems you did the right thing when filling it. What flavour juice?

If you do not put in enough juice at first and vape it, it will stuff the carto up, and you cant recover it. Once it has that burnt taste no amount of extra juice after will fix it.

Try another carto is my suggestion.

When you first start vaping though juice can taste a bit funny and different from a smoke.

Thanks Mickg33. They are the blank cartos that you buy from SI for the Volt. Apparently they are quite large and take a bit of liquid.

I did fill another, and oddly, it seemed as though 20 drops was filling it (could see it sitting more at the top), and left it a while and put 5 drops in and it didn't seem so easily absorbed. I've left that to sit and haven't tried it yet.

It doesn't taste really bad like burnt toast, more a bit like buttered popcorn a bit overdone, so maybe it's just how it tastes and I'm just not used to it (review say it hasn't got much flavour). It's Ecopure 20 mgs, Rich. It is starting to taste better now.

Do they get an initial slight burnt taste when putting a new carto on?

I haven't had a smoke since around 6pm. Don't feel like one yet, but feel a little lightheaded & a bit funny. I'm not vaping much though, but the thought of a cig would make me puke I think.

And yeah, I wrote giving it a prime with the auto in OP (but now changed it), but i meant in the manual. It tastes better when I give it a little sizzle in the manual.
    Last edited by bren; 28-02-12 at 08:50 PM.

sizzling should not improve the taste, sounds like its running dry to me.
    i would fill it like you did, then add 5 drops .. then add another 5 .. then another ... keep adding till it runs out the bottom, then let it sit, then blow out any excess and vape. you need to ensure it is absolutely chockers for the first puff or its instantly wrecked and it seems to wick better when wet. If the first fill leaves it a little dry around the heater then first vape wrecks that bit of the fill and it will taste bad and never wick correctly, if wet all the way through then as it evaporates off it draws more liquid closer.
    VG mixes have a burnt butter type of flavour, not my favourites because of this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Can you condom fill that cartomiser. might help if you can

I think it was just me. It is starting to taste better, and I'm still using the same carto. I think I had a funny taste first, and maybe I thought burnt, but now it's tasting a bit like sweeter popcorn, and from what you guys says, the burnt taste would stay.

I did have a smoke before as I was feeling a bit weird, a bit lightheaded, water retention (but I've been drinking more in preparation), but just had some more vapes, and it tastes so much better than a smoke. I'm really tired too.

Oh yeah, you can condom fill it, but what really makes me curious about that is you sink the battery ends in and it overflows the hole it tells you never to get any liquid down. I know you blow out excess, and wipe away the battery end, but it still confuses me how that can be good.

AVF Regular
    It works the best gets liquid straight on the coil. I do it with all my boge 510's and never had one last less then 2 weeks. the only reason they say not to put liquid down the hole is because it floods it and it will leak out the bottom, the juice itself goes down the hole when it wicks. Its not going to stop it from working or break the insides unless you keep using it when its flooded.
    Last edited by Delco; 28-02-12 at 11:20 PM. Reason: More info

its particularly bad for auto batterys as the air hole goes into the battery and past some sort of silicon switch that gets bogged up.
    on a manual battery it does not matter so much.
    so long as its not running out the bottom and you suck not blow, it shouldn't get too far down, but I would use just filled cartos on the manual just in case.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Okay, thanks guys. I'm using the manual as I really prefer it over the auto anyway. I really do think it's my initial confusion on how it would taste.

I've stopped vaping for tonight now though, as I was feeling so tired and a bit weird, which is really unusual for me this early. To be tired, not weird.

I'll pick up again tomorrow. Still had heaps less cigs than normal, and I do like the e cig, so will not be giving up.
    Stoney likes this.

Update guys: Been vaping only since 4pm yesterday. Tummy still a bit bloated, and a bit of a headache, and just a general unwell feeling (flu like), but don't really feel like a smoke at all. Just have a quick vape when I do, and it's working well. Starting to feel a bit better each hour.

Thanks to everyone who helped me pick out the Volt, and how to fill up the cartos etc. I owe you guys big time if I can keep off the cigs.

And this Ecopure tastes like toffee I think. I like it personally, but others say it has no flavour much, so I guess it's very subjective. The full VG might be causing the bloat maybe, so I'll look at that in a week or two.
    Last edited by bren; 01-03-12 at 08:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast