Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Noob Has Become a Vapeaholic!

Noob Has Become a Vapeaholic!

Hi guys, I started off with the JW510 starter kit which I like. It just doesn't cut it anymore as I drain a battery in about 25 minutes so I know I need something more substantial. There is so much choice that it is confusing. I dont know if I need a Lava Tube with a cartomizer tank or something. I blame you for this Del, I love your Dels Ultimate Pipe. Dont thoes tanks where out. I would love some help. Thanks.

Good news: Tanks don't wear out.
    Bad news: Some juices can crack some tanks.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the Liquinator tanks as I find them well built, no leaks (assuming you haven't damaged the O-rings), easy to refill and easy hot swap the carto. The downside is the Liquinator has been known to crack using certain juices. The EPM tanks at JW are made from a different material. Although I don't personally think they feel as "professional" as the Liquinator, the material they are made out of will not crack (unless you step on it

I'd recommend getting some sort of Variable Voltage or Variable Wattage device. The Lava Tubes are fantastic for their price, but they do break easily. I'd suggest spending a bit more and going for either a Provari or a JiB. Though "expensive" compared to other mods, it's still a lot less than smoking!

none of my tanks have 'whered' out or worn out even, not even replaced an O ring, non leaks, no cracks. Just check the cracking thread for a list of what to avoid or get the EPM carto tank which doesn't crack apparentely.

If you are happy with the vapour then get a couple of eGo batterys and a charger, same as the 510 but with more longevity.

a 900mAh ego used to last me a day quite easily but I wasn't going through a 510 in 25 minutes either..

I would estimate a 900 ego will run through 3ml of juice per charge.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    Good news: Tanks don't wear out.
    Bad news: Some juices can crack some tanks.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the Liquinator tanks as I find them well built, no leaks (assuming you haven't damaged the O-rings), easy to refill and easy hot swap the carto. The downside is the Liquinator has been known to crack using certain juices. The EPM tanks at JW are made from a different material. Although I don't personally think they feel as "professional" as the Liquinator, the material they are made out of will not crack (unless you step on it

I'd recommend getting some sort of Variable Voltage or Variable Wattage device. The Lava Tubes are fantastic for their price, but they do break easily. I'd suggest spending a bit more and going for either a Provari or a JiB. Though "expensive" compared to other mods, it's still a lot less than smoking!
    Cheers soundasleep, I will check out the Provari and the JiB.
    Last edited by timeout; 29-02-12 at 01:52 AM.

Cheers Stoney.

CCC
    Even with the tanks there is so much variety. You can make your own tanks from a big syringe, get a Baby Notta from VK with a screw in the side for easy refilling, Jw has the coloured ones, and there is even glass and stainless steel available if you have 60 bucks to spare. There are 3ml ones which fit normal cartos, which can be slotted or punched (hole in it so liquid goes in) and then there are the bigger ones that hold about 5ml. Let us know which road you take.

AVF Regular
    There are 100's of mods. Work out what you really want from a mod and narrow it down from there.

- will i be using it out and about, and would i feel comfortable using a big mod in public - Provari/lava tube are pretty bloody big
    - do I want a battery to last all day - and am happy to sacrifice size, also VV devices used at 5v's perform better but go through your batteries alot quicker
    - do i want a juice cabability - tank, juice bottle bottomfeeder
    - do i want a rebuildable atomiser - save money, but are you prepared to go through the learning curve, and they are big (ps i wouldn't go down this path as a newbie)
    - is extra vapor the main thing I want - even a ego with a low resistance atomiser will significantly increase the amount of vapor you get compared to your 510 and is alot cheaper than a provari. $15 versus $200
    - how important is looks - for me it is, others could't give a damn - for me you cant get a much more bigger , uglier mod than a lava tube, but its cheap and seems to work well, if you look after it, so many like it
    - how much are you prepared to spend

Once you have done the above you can then start to narrow down what to buy. Time spent investigating now, may well save you buying another mod in 2 months time. I think 35% of people buy their first mod thinking it will last them a year, and within 2 months have ordered another. It was too big, too small, want variable voltage, want something that looks nicer, better quality etc etc
    Last edited by Mickg33; 29-02-12 at 07:52 AM.

AVF Regular
    eGo-T 1000mah USB/Passthrough Battery <--- vape while it charges ... never have flat battery ...
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

Thanks CCC, Mickg33, X-BoNeS-x. From what Mickg33 says, I have a lot to think about. Best I take my time and really research.

With regards to VV.. I had (until I killed it) a 5v Boxmod VV from Madvapes.com ($35US + $1US shipping). It's got a pretty small profile as it is a 5v boxmod, runs on 2 x 14500 3.7v batteries (very easy to get and cheap too).. and basically you get about a day's vaping from it. So just grab 4 of those batteries from a place like Dealextreme (or a local supplier if you wish) and have one pair on standby fully charged and the other pair being used.

really good device.. the build quality may not be as good as Provari.. but it's darn cheap, it does what it is supposed to do, has a great battery life, takes all 510 cartos/atties etc.. very good..
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast