• 6 Post By Northerner
  • 1 Post By Wombats1
  • 3 Post By Saix

Thread: Battery Selection for Mod

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Battery Selection for Mod

Hi

After 20+ years of smoking its time to change

I have just ordered a starter kit to get vaping. I have ordered the Smok Nano One kit, using the Smok R-Steam Mini mod. I have looked everywhere on the net for a recommended battery for this mod but have found very little. One shop pink-mule.com states on its page - Uses one 18650 flat top battery (it is recommended to use batteries of at least 30 Amp).

This is the only obscure reference I have found to a recommended battery for this mod.

A good picture of batteries with some 3rd party testing I found was https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-jpeg.555235/.

Could someone please confirm that I should be using a 30A battery? I realise this might be hard as I am yet to vape and dont know what my "prime vaping range" will be wattage and ohms (who knows?) so the battery selection could be a bit subjective. Maybe a Sony VTC4?

Anyhow any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Saix

(FYI - I ordered NIC from HILIQ on Friday midday and it was at my door ( Gold Coast ) on Monday midday. Pretty impressive!)
    shaneo likes this.

AVF Regular
    These are great batterys LG HG2 // 18650 3000mAh 20A
    Saix likes this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    It's unlikely you'll ever need the drain capacity of a 30A battery, but Sony VTC4's are excellent batteries and will stand you in good stead. I use Samsung 25r's, which are also pretty good. I'm sure others may have preferences.

Congrats on making the financial commitment to switch mate. You won't regret it.

Be sure to drop in and share your story, this community has much to offer to new vapers as well as old hats.
    merexy, Legion and Saix like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

I use sony vtc5 batteries in everything they are awesome and safe.

AVF Regular
    As a precaution, no matter what choice you go for... Don't buy cheap batteries from China! It's just not worth the couple of dollars you might save.

A reputable local dealer with great customer service is supersports600 (on eBay). He sells all authentic and if anything goes wrong he'll go out of his way to help you.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Yep I can recommend supersports600, never let me down.
    All the batts recommended here are good.
    My preference are the vtc5.
    That pic is the bible by battery mooch
    Saix likes this.
    Smoke free since april 2016

Hi guys

I really appreciate all the suggestions. THANKYOU!

I was actually just going over supersports600 ebay page when i checked back here haha! Looks like a great place to buy batteries from.

I was further reading the comments on Mooch's post https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...atteries.7593/ and he recommended to a user if you vape at under 75W the HG2 or 30Q is a fantastic choice. The HG2 or 30Q actually give you more vaping time if you're above 20W or so due to the greater efficiency of the HG2 and 30Q.

From reading countless other posts I will probably be in this range 20-75W and the mod is an 80W mod so I guess I will go with either of these. Probably the LG HG2.

Loving AVF. Really great information and fast responses.

Again thanks for posting you have been really helpful.

Saix
    btobw, Northerner and juzdin like this.

AVF Regular
    +1 for 30Q's i have 4 of them....Pink goodness

Went to these after i gave the LG HE2's i had away with a mod. No contest these are better
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 12-09-16 at 12:38 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

i am using Samsung 30q and vtc5 on wismec rx2/3, they are good for me for one day regular vaping at 38 watts

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Saix View Post
    Hi guys

I really appreciate all the suggestions. THANKYOU!

I was actually just going over supersports600 ebay page when i checked back here haha! Looks like a great place to buy batteries from.

I was further reading the comments on Mooch's post https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...atteries.7593/ and he recommended to a user if you vape at under 75W the HG2 or 30Q is a fantastic choice. The HG2 or 30Q actually give you more vaping time if you're above 20W or so due to the greater efficiency of the HG2 and 30Q.

From reading countless other posts I will probably be in this range 20-75W and the mod is an 80W mod so I guess I will go with either of these. Probably the LG HG2.

Loving AVF. Really great information and fast responses.

Again thanks for posting you have been really helpful.

Saix
    Mooch dropped support for the brown LG. 18amp on a good batch, less on most batches. Go the 30q IMO

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity