AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

E-cig to singapore

Hi I am relatively new to vaping and I am going to singapore for a few weeks but I do not know if I am allowed to bring my e-cig to Singapore.

Anyone done this before? I am flying from Perth to Singapore and I heard from my friends that e-cig is not allowed there.

AVF Regular
    Have had multiple trips to singapore. They are bloody strict on this. i.e. dont get caught.
    From memory, the fine is $5000 SGD.. thats about 4900+ Aud.
    One of my mates got caught and had to cough up $10,000 SGD as he was packing two mods.
    The fine is per mod that you carry.

With that said, i also do know of many people who smuggle them through and use them discreetly.
    While vaping is banned, there is still a small community of vapers that buy their stuff in the black market and/or smuggle them in themselves.
    Just dont be chucking massive clouds down orchard road. Find a discreet corner and vape away.

Its just getting through customs that's worrying. Once through, you should be fine as long as you vape sensibly and out of the general public's eye.

AVF Regular
    I suggest bringing a mod that you are comfortable throwing away.
    If you get pulled over, play the "tourist" card... apologise and chalk it up to a genuine oversight and that you were not familiar with the law etc.
    Tell them you'll throw it away.
    Worked for my mate once.

AVF Regular
    I went to Singapore earlier this year.

I packed my 2 fav liquids in my toiletries bag (checked luggage) marked as shampoo and conditioner as well as 2 Evic Minis and tanks broken up into pieces so they didn't look like tanks.

I carried my 18650's on in cases with a small LED torch that takes 18650's .

I vaped in the hotel room bathroom and very discretely at night whilst walking around. I probably wouldn't vape walking around again when I head back.

I was prepared to play the dumb tourist card but didn't have to.

Stupid part is it's OK to vape in the Airport Smoking section (at least it was when I was there) but not once you step foot out of the Airport.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ausguitarman View Post
    I went to Singapore earlier this year.

I packed my 2 fav liquids in my toiletries bag (checked luggage) marked as shampoo and conditioner as well as 2 Evic Minis and tanks broken up into pieces so they didn't look like tanks.

I carried my 18650's on in cases with a small LED torch that takes 18650's .

I vaped in the hotel room bathroom and very discretely at night whilst walking around. I probably wouldn't vape walking around again when I head back.

I was prepared to play the dumb tourist card but didn't have to.

Stupid part is it's OK to vape in the Airport Smoking section (at least it was when I was there) but not once you step foot out of the Airport.
    Yup. If you're in transit, its okay. But once you clear customs its an issue.
    The cost of mods in singapore is ridiculous. Because of smuggling it in etc, it can easily go for 3 times the market price.
    Customs arent specifically looking out for vapes.. they are more concerned with things like cigs, alcohol and drugs. If you're the type that gets pulled over by airport security alot, dont risk it.. I dont know why, i always get pulled over. Maybe they dont like my face...
    But if you look decent (not implying that i dont) and dont get profiled and pulled over often... you could do what ausguitarman suggested.

AVF Regular
    I was there recently and left my gear at home. Hard about how much the fine was, I couldn't afford to risk it. They love their fines there.

AVF Regular
    Yup.... I have a good fridge magnet "Singapore is a fine city!"

After working there for almost 10 years all I miss is the cheap beer and the chilli crab!