Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoofprint
  • 2 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Northerner
  • 1 Post By shaneo
  • 1 Post By Berowra vaper
  • 4 Post By Anonymous
  • 2 Post By Wombats1

Thread: Clearing E-Liquid parcels through Customs.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Clearing E-Liquid parcels through Customs.

Hey all.

My first ever shipment of juice from O/S arrived in customs a few hours ago. I was looking for some information on how things go from here on in. I know within the next few days I'll get a first notice letter from Auspost.

It's what I do next that has my head wanting to explode.

I think I have to fill in the Import Declaration (N10) form. But what tarrif classification and stat code does E-Liquid have? I've spent the past few days looking around for the information, but it just got me confused.

Another question is once you've done one of these forms it would be pretty easy to do one again for the same vendor right? Or is it cheaper and easier to go through a customs broker?

If it is, anyone know of any good ones that service South West WA?

I know, I'm really showing my ignorance, but I want that juice ASAP, if I have all the info when I get that letter I can email the crappy thing straight away.

AVF Regular
    usually you wont need to do anything.

If its a small amount like a bottle or two, customs might randomly search it not give a shit and send it on its way.
    On the other hand if you ordered a shipping container full of pure nic then no amount of N10's will save you.

general rule of thumb customs can take anywhere from 2hrs to a few weeks
    Try not to stress out, vaping is still a major grey area, i have never had to fill out a N10 or any customs import forms for ejuice.
    Its usually play the waiting game and pray the Customs guys are not sleeping at work.

Edit: im sure some west aussies will chime in soon.
    Tpe likes this.

Thanks Hoofprint.

My life is usually run by Murphy, so I tend to plan for all occasions and calamities.

If I ever get my hands on Murphy, sod his laws I'm gonna hit him with a phone book.
    Cath Mort and Hoofprint like this.

AVF Regular
    WA here never had any issues.

As long as you didn't order a drum of the stuff.

AVF Regular
    A lot of people order 100mg nicotine a litre at a time with no issues... in fact I've not yet heard of anyone having it stopped as it's not illegal federally, and customs only enforce federal law.
    RyanohRyan likes this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Ive never had a drama
    Order from HiliQ and it will fly through
    RyanohRyan likes this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    Dhl express only way to go especially from hiliq from china to sydney in 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RyanohRyan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Berowra vaper View Post
    Dhl express only way to go especially from hiliq from china to sydney in 3 days
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    Ive never had a drama
    Order from HiliQ and it will fly through
    Yeah I made a couple of orders for ready to vape nic juice to start me off. All of it ordered before I discovered this brilliant Forum and all its helpful people. And of course the 100mg hiliq nicotine, which I have since ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    A lot of people order 100mg nicotine a litre at a time with no issues... in fact I've not yet heard of anyone having it stopped as it's not illegal federally, and customs only enforce federal law.
    Yeah, it's that whole 3 month supply thing that confuzzled me. No where gives an amount, but looking for that info gave me an overload on all of those forms and tariff classifications etc. Thought it best to ask, you've all got the experience. At the start I hadn't found this Forum and so had no idea about 100mg nic being available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post
    WA here never had any issues.

As long as you didn't order a drum of the stuff.
    I couldn't afford a drum of the stuff
    Nice to know there's others in the South West that vape. If I get into a newbie mess, there's people closer to ask for advice than Perth.

Thanks everyone for chiming in. Making me feel a little less nervous.
    merexy, shaneo, RyanohRyan and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Ditto, no problems here ive only ever got the hiliq stuff never had an issue, dont stress it will turn up.
    And yep if your stuck bunbury is not far, hell I visit friends in Manji so if in need cry out if I can help I will.
    RyanohRyan and Anonymous like this.
    Smoke free since april 2016