AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Ceramic coils, no flavour

Hi guys. I put an eleaf 0.5ohm ceramic coil in my Melo 3, primed, started at low wattage. I get plenty of vapour, but absolutely no flavour. I've cleaned the terminal between battery and coil, I've poked holes in cotton, I've hit it sans firing a billion times to soak the coil. I'm not sure what else it could be. Any advice?

iamgirlsam

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    As long as everything is primed, slowly increase the power or watts and see what happens.Are you using a premixed juice or a diy? Sounds like a high vg mix.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Not from personal experience but hubby found the ramp up time was slow and the coil retained heat so the second Vape was always more flavourful than the first. He takes long full lung hits (10 secs).
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I use cCell 0.5 ohm ceramic coils in my melo3 aand they seem to need about 1/2 to a full tank through them before they run properly. I even nearly threw the first one away it seemed so useless but on advice stuck with it and was glad I did.

As Crisscross said it also seems to be important to start with low power when they are new I start at 18 watts and gradually push them up to 40 this is done over the first 1/2 of the 4ml tank, it you dont start low power they can taste really terrible.

If you have already used a full tank and they still dont taste right you can always dry burn them to clean them and just start from scratch like a new coil, that is assuming eleaf ceramics coils are the same as the vaporesso ones

Once they start working right though you wont find any premade coils that will beat them so hang in its worth it

Ive only had Ccell work well in Vaporesso tanks

Tried in Supertank Mini
    Tried in TRiton 2
    Tried in herakles

They all gave me zero taste / burning dry hits. Placed same coil back in Target tank. Gave it some un-fired draws , 10 mins to sit. Bam flavor and clouds.

really pissed off about it too as the Ccell coils are amazing when working, but the Target tanks suck balls.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coFF33 View Post
    Ive only had Ccell work well in Vaporesso tanks

Tried in Supertank Mini
    Tried in TRiton 2
    Tried in herakles

They all gave me zero taste / burning dry hits. Placed same coil back in Target tank. Gave it some un-fired draws , 10 mins to sit. Bam flavor and clouds.

really pissed off about it too as the Ccell coils are amazing when working, but the Target tanks suck balls.
    The ccells work brilliantly in the melo 2's not so well in the melo 3's
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

It was a 65VG mix, store bought juice. Thanks for all the info, guys. I'll give them a go another time. Had to switch out, after two tanks, I figure I got a dud coil.

iamgirlsam

Hey Sam. Have you been able to get this working? Ive just ordered ceramic for my melo3 and would love to know what to expect when i get them.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk