Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I ordered from Black Note in the U.S. & this happened...

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

I ordered from Black Note in the U.S. & this happened...

So... initially I ordered Black Note Prelude from an Australian Vendor (received quickly, loved it! But had wished for the taste to be stronger)... so I went back to order a couple of other flavours by Black Note to try by popular recommendations from others in my journey of Google searches.

The Black Note flavours I was after were "Out of Stock".
    So I went directly to the Black Note vendor website in the
    U.S. and paid a small fortune to have them delivered International Express Post. Yes! That's how amazing I thought their quality was!

To my own personal experience now... everything else has
    been extremely below par for a high quality eliquid at a
    high end price I've found their helpful customer service to be something equivalent to paddling upstream without a paddle on sh** hill!

International Express Delivery was quoted being 1 to 3 business days. Yes I knew the distance between U.S. and Australia that it'd be 3 business days and definitely wouldn't arrive sooner.

Anyways... the eliquids (with ZERO nicotine) were holted in Customs when they arrived in Australia for approximately 5 hours (judging from FedEx tracking online) and then cleared for transit.

The estimated date of arrival reappeared but then disappeared by the following morning.

After some Google searches I read that "others" had experienced their FedEx items had switched back to "pending" but then received their package later that evening.

Anyways this post is becoming faaarrrrrr too long. My apologies and thanks to those who have read to here.

The skinny of the rest of the details:

*Its been over 2 weeks
    *Ive contacted Black Note & FedEx several times
    *Black Note viewed but didnt reply to my messages for almost a week (Facebook Messenger) & I had separately sent an email as well.
    *I finally received a reply from Black Note when I expressed my disappointment in their communication

I had also brought up the following with them:

1. I had no idea if these bottles seals had been broken or not.
    2. No idea where these liquids had been currently stored for more than a week
    3. They are still lost after this amount of time

I requested a refund (I had spent over $100) and received nothing including what seemed like shitty service from Black Note and FedEx

Black Note did finally reply to me after I had mentioned the multiple points above ... they made no reference to my request of a refund after all of the above but messaged that they were willing to re-ship my order with DHL instead "free of charge".

Wow! How kind of them to resend my order again after I had already paid over $40 for postage last time!

Then... I receive an email from FedEx tonight... who said after an extensive search for the missing parcel they still have not been able to find it. That the Shipper would first be able to reply and send for losses for this package.

Maybe and very possibly I'm upset about this situation when I shouldn't be???

Has anyone else experienced an issue with Black Note directly from their company before?

If I am some how way off course about my current opinion ... I would like to know.

Thanks!

T.H.

AVF Regular
    if it only took 5hrs to clear customs your doing well, aussie customs usually take anywhere from 30mins to 2 months to clear.

long story short anything could of happened.

With the new yank laws that passed recently, alot of them no longer ship to Aus.
    some idiot fedex flunkie could of marked it return to sender but not updated tracking by mistake.
    Or it could of been handed of to Aus post and they lost it in transit

AVF Regular
    That sucks.

Get a reference number from Fed Ex (or use the email they sent you) regarding the loss and forward it to Black Note.

All OS goods will say 27/9/2016 10.07am Entered Customs - 27/9/2016 10.45am Cleared Customs or something like that. Point being all overseas goods go through customs just because it's vape stuff it's not being "held over" it's just the process.

A trick when ordering with Fed Ex or DHL is to put a made up company name "elTammy PTY LTD" or write in the company name box "do not give over to Aus Post" This can sometimes stop them from outsourcing the last leg of the delivery..... unless you live in a regional area that doesn't have a fed ex/dhl depo best to find out if you have one in your area.

Also my choice for a tobacco vape is Must Vape -Imperial or Rocket Sheep's - Enterprise and Charlie Nobles - RY4 & Pistachio.

Try https://www.thevapeshop.co.nz/collec...liquid-tobacco
    https://grumpyvapes.com.au/collections/must-vape-us

Best of Luck.

I guess thats another thing I'm a little surprised about... why hadn't Black Note made the packaging a little less "OPEN ME CUSTOMS"... I'm not their first Australian customer.

Thanks for your recommendations. I will check them out. In the meantime... I'm keen to try out VapeKing eliquids that I ordered this week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TammyHunter View Post
    I guess thats another thing I'm a little surprised about... why hadn't Black Note made the packaging a little less "OPEN ME CUSTOMS"... I'm not their first Australian customer.

Thanks for your recommendations. I will check them out. In the meantime... I'm keen to try out VapeKing eliquids that I ordered this week.
    You can't go wrong with Vapeking.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TammyHunter View Post

If it was only with customs for 5 hours, chances are it hasn't been opened. It sounds like black note are trying to do the right thing by you. Also they are under no obligation to try and assist you in getting your juice through customs. I remember one vendor (might have been coppercreek?) basically stating on their site that they aren't going to BS on your packaging to help with customs.

I get your frustration, but tbh I think that all you can be pissed at black note for is slow communication.

Now fedex is a different story.....
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    It's not really Blacknote's problem. You should be mad at FedEx for losing your package. Blacknote's legal obligations end when FedEx have the parcel - anything they do after that fact is above and beyond.

I always use DHL as I'm in a regional delivery area and I've always found DHL customer service when I contact them for local delivery tracking to be outstanding. I just drop a note online on the tracking query and they respond with the Startrack tracking number same day.

Sent from my B1-730 using Tapatalk
    giruvian likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I bet you get two packages in the end
    giruvian, merexy and LimeB like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

I'll second what Fabricator4 said Blacknote have fulfilled their side of their contract with you and your gripe should now be with Fedex as it is them that have managed to lose your package and in my opinion the fact that Blacknote are going to resend your order at their own expense is a very good gesture on their part if you do finally recieve 2 packages as Northener said look on it as a bonus ! If it has been handed off to Aus post by Fedex it is probably doing the grand tour of Australia before reaching you .
    giruvian and Legion like this.

Just an update on this situation.
    The Shipper (Black Note) are sent the forms to fill in for the refund not me (the buyer) as stated by FedEx email.

Since that email from Black Note they then offered to refund me or to resend the order with an extra bottle of eliquid. I agreed with a resend of order with an extra bottle given.

Then they came back and said one of the bottles I had ordered was not in stock and would send me another bottle on top to make up for it.

This afternoon I received a parcel from Black Note in a record 36 hours! I thought that was incredibly amazing! But then when I opened the box there was only one bottle of eliquid.

I have messaged them back again and sent a photo of what I received as it was obviously not what we had agreed upon and I had paid for more than this initially which is now heading on to week 3.

P.S. the one bottle I did receive is absolutely incredible (Legato) looove looove looove it!

I really hope there is a simple explanation for this ... if it wasn't for these constant issues
    ... I would consider the steep price worth it!

T.H.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast