Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Total newbie to Vaping

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Total newbie to Vaping

Hi Everyone,

First would like to say a big hello to all :-)

Ok on to a couple of questions. I have decided to give up smoking and switch to vaping for the near future but I'm so totally confused about vaping.

First what device would be good for someone just starting? and secondly for a smoker that would smoke 10-20 a day what would that equate to in juice? For instance most devices come with 3x 10ml bottles of juice how long would that last for a 10-20 pack a day smoker?

Sorry really confused.

Thanks in advanced for any help or suggestions

AVF Regular
    Congrats on the decision to switch to vaping.
    First off yes it is very confusing for someone first starting out.
    This community is a great place to ask any questions.

YouTube is your friend for reviews and how-to's

If you live in Sydney or Melbourne I highly recommend visiting a Bricks and Mortar (B&M) vape shop to check out the hardware and taste some e-juice. They can also give advise and show you how to refill juice and change coils.

If you want Nicotine you will need to import it as it is illegal to sell or supply Nicotine in Australia.

Hi Chris thanks for the reply. I live in South Western Sydney and the only place unfortunately there are only a couple of shops in Sydney that stock them and I'm not able to drive or travel far due to waiting for knee surgery.

I was thinking of getting something like the Venture Series or one of these from ebay

Are these decent products if anyone knows

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarcf View Post
    Hi Chris thanks for the reply. I live in South Western Sydney and the only place unfortunately there are only a couple of shops in Sydney that stock them and I'm not able to drive or travel far due to waiting for knee surgery.

I was thinking of getting something like the Venture Series or one of these from ebay

Are these decent products if anyone knows
    Dont waste your money on that mate.

Go and buy an Endura T18.
    Its the most decent, idiot proof device out there. Its a good vape and it's cheap. You can pick up a starter pack for $35-40 and will be much better than what you linked.

Innokin Endura T18 Starter Kit | VapeKing
    The Steamery | Innokin Endura T18 Kit - Starter Kits - Products
    Innokin Endura T18 Starter Kit | Starter Kit | VapourEyes
    muscovyduckling likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Just on a side note is it legal to import nicotine for personal use in NSW? I was doing some reading and came across this "Importing Nicotine for personal use and possession is illegal. (clause 20 of the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Regulation 2008)"

Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Dont waste your money on that mate.

Go and buy an Endura T18.
    Its the most decent, idiot proof device out there. Its a good vape and it's cheap. You can pick up a starter pack for $35-40 and will be much better than what you linked.

Innokin Endura T18 Starter Kit | VapeKing
    The Steamery | Innokin Endura T18 Kit - Starter Kits - Products
    Innokin Endura T18 Starter Kit | Starter Kit | VapourEyes

Thanks will purchase one today

AVF Regular
    Yup vapeking, usually cheapest for the endura and its replacement coils.

Wouldn't buy the one off eBay, the endura is newer and better gear, more efficient too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

I'm actually thinking of the T22 starter kit. Is there any parts I should buy with it? Now I just to work out how much juice I need per day.

From what I gathered (could be totally wrong) you can either get premixed or separate to mix your own is that correct? Is it easy to import into NSW from the USA?

AVF Regular
    You probably want to get some replacement coils for the endura (it comes with 2), they will last anywhere from a week to several depending on the juice you vape.

Yes, you can either diy from scratch or buy ready to vape, most people starting out find it easier to use ready to vape. Later on when you've managed to transition you may want to try diy as it's the most cost effective ..cheapest...

There's no issues usually importing from anywhere to nsw. Ive never had a problem personally. I'm sure others will post links to ready to vape juice suppliers...I'm stuck in a phone sorry

As far as juice usage goes, its personal and subjective, I always guess something like 3ml a day at the low end, especially when starting out and tooting on your new gear.

I'll also point out I'm running a comp to shout a newbie $50 towards gear, drawn on Sunday...

Here: (COMPETITON) The "no one entered a different competition, so a newbie gets it" comp

Last edited by stylemessiah; 28-09-16 at 03:36 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    You probably want to get some replacement coils for the endura (it comes with 2), they will last anywhere from a week to several depending on the juice you vape.

Yes, you can either diy from scratch or buy ready to vape, most people starting out find it easier to use ready to vape. Later on when you've managed to transition you may want to try diy as it's the most cost effective ..cheapest...

There's no issues usually importing from anywhere to nsw. Ive never had a problem personally. I'm sure others will post links to ready to vape juice suppliers...I'm stuck in a phone sorry

Thanks no problem. Finally found a rough guide to how much a 10ml bottle of juice relates to in terms of packets of smokes

A 10ml bottle would equal 5 packs,
    A 15ml bottle is worth 7.5 packs,
    A 30ml bottle should last 15 packs,
    A 50ml bottle is good for 25 packs

Also is there any restriction to the amount we can import?
    Enjii likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast