Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Cancelling an Order - noob alert

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Cancelling an Order - noob alert

Hi Everyone
    I placed my first order with a company on Friday, they were recommended to me by a Doctor so I just went with it without doing my usual research (before I found this forum). I paid $224 for an EGO AIO, sicone cover and 2 x 30ml liquids! I now know that I was ripped off by an extraordinary amount and I'm so frigging annoyed about it.
    He said he wouldn't ship it until Monday.
    Where do I stand in cancelling the order? Does he HAVE to go through with the cancellation? I couldn't find a cancellation policy on the website.

AVF Regular
    If the equipment has not shipped, then cancellation should not be a problem.

Was it an Australian company? I'd be asking what association the doctor has with that company
    stylemessiah likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

The Doctor definitely doesn't have an association with the company, the conversation wasn't part of a consult or anything it was at lunch lol. His friend has used that company for 4 years. And yes it's a company in Melbourne.
    I found this..
    REFUNDS

Please be patient as we endeavour to deal with all returned goods within 7 days.

NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS ON E-LIQUID.
    NO RETURN OR REFUND FOR CHANGE OF MIND PURCHASES.
    NO WARRANTY ON ATOMIZERS OR CARTOMIZERS UNLESS D.O.A
    EXCHANGE PARTS WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL THE ORIGINAL PART HAS BEEN RETURNED TO US AND EVALUATED.
    SHIPPING IS AT THE CUSTOMERS EXPENSE FOR PARTS RETURNED TO US AND WE WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING THE ITEM BACK TO YOU.
    THE DEFAULT WARRANTY PERIOD FOR ALL PRODUCTS IS 14 DAYS UNLESS
    OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION.
    Any order created and subsequently cancelled by the purchaser prior to us shipping will incur an AUD $10.00 fee per order which will be deducted from the total purchase price and will be refunded in the same manner in which the payment was made.

So it looks like I can cancel but will lose $10, I can live with that.
    muscovyduckling likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cancel payment if you can, that's a total rip-off

AVF Regular
    Considering an Ego AIO is about $30 at Vapeking thats just fricking insane...

Id gladly take a $10 loss to get out of that nightmare

We have seen some ripoffs here , but that takes the gold medal.....it even beats this: Was I ripped off?
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjii View Post
    So it looks like I can cancel but will lose $10, I can live with that.
    Better than nothing I guess, get on to them first thing.

Looks like Ecig for Life? Man, $114 for a $26 Ego AIO? Criminal. That's just gouging an uninformed public.

Also, their liquids can not legally contain nicotine. In my opinion nicotine is very important if you want to easily transition to vaping. It's up to you, but I'd recommend it, at least for the first three or four months. You can taper off after that, but only once you know what you are doing and if you think it's really necessary. The AIO is a good starter device, as is the Endura T18 and T22. Get two, because it's good to have a backup, and one to use while the other is charging.

For nicotine content you might find something with at least 12mg/ml nicotine a good starting point but get some liquids that are higher and some that are lower. You can always mix them to vary the nicotine as well.
    stylemessiah likes this.

Wow.. and what is even worse was that I had the figure wrong.. the final figure was actually $242. I really don't mind losing the $10 even though , that, in itself is also a wrought!
    Now looking through recommended vendors and hoping to find a one stop shop for everything. Checking out Health Cabin

[QUOTE=fabricator4;815980.

Looks like Ecig for Life? Man, $114 for a $26 Ego AIO? Criminal. That's just gouging an uninformed public.
    In my opinion nicotine is very important if you want to easily transition to vaping. [/QUOTE]
    Correct, it is. And that $114 doesn't include GST so it was more like $123 *sigh
    I am hoping for nicotine as I feel like I'll need it to transition. Just looking through Health Cabin's shipping policies and even they look confusing haha.

AVF Regular
    Theres plenty of Aussie vendors that are fair to deal with, check out the vendors section, and do your research
    merexy and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjii View Post
    Correct, it is. And that $114 doesn't include GST so it was more like $123 *sigh
    I am hoping for nicotine as I feel like I'll need it to transition. Just looking through Health Cabin's shipping policies and even they look confusing haha.
    OK, have a look at Hiliq: HiLIQ - Wholesale E Cigarette Liquid , Buy liquid nicotine online, Buy E liquid nicotine wholesale
    Use the code HILIQAussie for a 15% discount. DHL shipping for 250g or less should be about $17. The problem here is that I think China have some national holidays at the moment so shipping might be delayed. If they are open though, you'd have it in 4 to 7 days.

New Zealand is also an option for liquids if you need them in a hurry. They are more expensive but shipping is cheaper and very fast.

American liquids are the most expensive for product and shipping, but some people like them. The American situation is chaotic at the moment though, so some people have reported trouble getting liquids shipped from the states. I'm not sure it would be a good first time experience for you.

If you want to make a fast start, I'd probably recommend one of the NZ companies for your first order.

Eventually you may buy concentrated nicotine (from Hiliq for eg) and add it to Aussie bought liquids. The next step from that is doublers or complete DIY but I recommend you buy ready to vape liquids with the nicotine in them for your first orders. Get your vape on first, then do the other stuff when you are ready for it. KISS principle in action.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast