Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Newbie diy set up??

AVF Regular

Newbie diy set up??

Hey all just about to put my first order in with hiliq. Am going for diy ?is this a mistake. I love my fruit and caramel flavors so this was going to be my first order.

1 ltr 100 mg pg or should i go for vg will it make the nic less harsh?
    30 ml mixed berry
    30 ml cinnamon roll
    10 ml coke
    10 ml cotton candy (sweetener)
    5ml coconut (to change up the flavor of the mixed berry )
    5ml popcorn (to make caramel popcorn with the cinnamon roll).
    Is thier anything else i should get and what kind of %of flavor should i be mixing at hiliq recommend 8/10%

Im worried about harsh juice i owned a provari when they first came out many moons ago and all the diy i did was very harsh.
    Any feedback would be great thx all.🖒👌
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Back in the day, 75 or 80% PG was normal. I mostly mix 60/40 PG/VG these days, and 50/50 is common too. If you still have a problem you may need to go to very high VG. A lot of drippers use 80/20 VG/PG these days since it's much smoother.

You will of course need some PG and VG. I recommend Basedrop - $12 a litre plus shipping.

Hiliq concentrates are easymix and very simple to work with. I still recommend that you test the individual concentrates before you try to mix with them. You'll get a much better result in the long run and you'll be more comfortable mixing.

My notes on testing flavours are in this sticky thread here: Tips for testing flavours

ETA: I recommend you also get some creamy type flavour/s. They can be added in very small amounts to make a harsh flavour a bit smoother. I notice you've got some fruits - cooling agent is a good thing to add to fruit flavours for a fresher cooler vape.
    RyanohRyan and ybnice like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yeah im sub olming 50/50 at 9mg atm and a few have said it will b harsh but i don't find it harsh at all. Im getting my vg pg from the steamery as its 14$ a liter and not to far away no postage ��. Should i get my nic in pg or vg most say pg but was reading vaping mad website and they r doing nic in vg to reduce harshness.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Yeah im sub olming 50/50 at 9mg atm and a few have said it will b harsh but i don't find it harsh at all. Im getting my vg pg from the steamery as its 14$ a liter and not to far away no postage ��. Should i get my nic in pg or vg most say pg but was reading vaping mad website and they r doing nic in vg to reduce harshness.
    PG stabilises the nic at normal temperatures, so it will travel better in PG. VG is a bit more reactive and does not do so well. For long term storage in the freezer though, it is better in VG because it almost solidifies: slower movement of the molecules (semi solid) means greatly reduced chemical reactions and nicotine breakdown.

I would recommend getting the nic in PG if you are going to use it soon.

AVF Regular
    Ok just been looking going to go with some cooling agent. As for cream what would you recommend

Ice cream
    Vanilla
    Cream
    Condensed milk
    Cheese cake

AVF Regular
    Ok just been looking going to go with some cooling agent. As for cream what would you recommend

Ice cream
    Vanilla
    Cream
    Condensed milk
    Cheese cake
    Probably just the straight cream, but vanilla is very useful too. Maybe get both.

AVF Regular
    I will b using some of the nicotine soon but the majority of it will go into freezer

AVF Regular
    I will b using some of the nicotine soon but the majority of it will go into freezer
    No problem, nic in PG is good for years in the freezer. Decant it into 50ml glass bottles right to the top to exclude most of the air (~56ml), label them, and into the freezer.

AVF Regular
    So go for the pg then.? Any other flavors u would recommend i have another couple i can afford with the discount code.

AVF Regular
    So go for the pg then.? Any other flavors u would recommend i have another couple i can afford with the discount code.
    Well strawberry is a permanent favourite. With Vanilla and Cream that becomes a strawberry custard (see if they have a custard flavour too - I think I have it). I'm mixing a strawberry cheesecake - hard to get just right but great when you do. Citrus flavours are good too, with coolada or in other combinations. Coolada, sweetener, and cooling agent for lemonade, that sort of thing. A little lime can lift a lemon flavour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast