Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: How do I know what flavours to order??

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

How do I know what flavours to order??

Do you find that you tend to waste a lot of eliquid at the beginning when you're trying different juices from different companies? I started searching through some sites and how am I supposed to know what kiwi, watermelon vape would taste like? I've never even tried vaping before so I'm kinda just guessing. Do I go by what my general tastebuds are or is it a different experience altogether? Is "creamy" as in flavour cream or a creamy sensation on exhale?
    I saw one of the sites can sell liquid in 250ml, obviously I'll need to try a smaller one first to see if I like it but.. can it go off once opened?
    ybnice likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yep, buy small quantities at first, then buy larger bottles when you know you like it.

I had several bottles from when I started that I decided that I just couldn't vape. It happens. Liquids probably last about a year before they have degraded too much after which they should be disposed of.
    ybnice and Enjii like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Just heads up what I did. I ordered different flavours at 30mls - I suggest you go 10mls. I thought being a smoker I would need Nicotine and Tobacco. How wrong was I, I now do not use ANY Tobacco flavour as found it horrid and disgusting after using it after half a day; I tried the popular B&H and RY4. Since I was a 8mg Smoker I went with 12mg Nicotine. Many people did the same as me and found that Tobacco flavour is yucko when thinking maybe logical to go Tobacco, not for me ewww - but it might work for you - maybe 1 bottle only of B&H or RY4 to see if ya like it. I use pre-mixed Flavoured only now, no Tobacco Flavour. Most popular with me is the Creamy/Custard type in Dessert, Fruit and Drink ones, all with 12 mg of Nicotine which seems to be my comfort zone at the moment.
    fabricator4 and Enjii like this.
    ""Tootle Puffer" on Starter Kits.

AVF Regular
    Enjii, if you have your own nic base and are planning on buying Aussie juice and adding Nic to it, have a look at VapourEyes. They sell sample sized 7.5ml doublers (makes 15ml juice). I used to buy about 7 of those every few weeks when I was just starting out, trying to find some flavours that I liked.
    LNB, trumpy955 and Enjii like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Enjii, if you have your own nic base and are planning on buying Aussie juice and adding Nic to it, have a look at VapourEyes. They sell sample sized 7.5ml doublers (makes 15ml juice). I used to buy about 7 of those every few weeks when I was just starting out, trying to find some flavours that I liked.
    I'm not interested in making my own just yet, although not discounting it for the future. When I read through these forums I can see how much I need to learn and terminology to understand. First off I need to understand my new gadget and find the flavours to make it work for me. I'm pretty excited for my delivery either tomorrow of Wednesday! Should coincide with pay day too which means my first Hiliq order yay!

AVF Regular
    Awesome!

Well perhaps just order some small (10-15ml) bottles of premixed juices from Hiliq then, in a range of flavours. Get a tobacco (you will probably hate it) or RY4 (caramel with a bit of tobacco - less likely to hate this), a few dessert ones like custard or cheesecake or whatever, and a few fruity ones.... and a minty one.

Once you've tried these you will know a) if you like tobacco flavours or not, b) if you like mint/menthol flavours or not, and c) if you prefer creamy or fruity flavours (or both!). This will help for future purchases, but really it's all about trial and error at first.

If you're doing an order from Hiliq anyway, it might be worth grabbing a 100ml bottle of 100mg nicotine, incase you hate all your juices and have to order some Aussie doublers quick-smart
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Menthol, even if you didn't smoke menthols is popular with newbies. Or was last I checked.

Order a bunch. But make sure menthol is one.

I vape unflavoured. But occasionally mix some menthol.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    i quit using flavourless for 1st 6 months.
    I came to the conclusion early on everything tastes like shit while your body is repairing, so no point in wasting good juice.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ybnice View Post
    Just heads up what I did. I ordered different flavours at 30mls - I suggest you go 10mls. I thought being a smoker I would need Nicotine and Tobacco. How wrong was I, I now do not use ANY Tobacco flavour as found it horrid and disgusting after using it after half a day; I tried the popular B&H and RY4. Since I was a 8mg Smoker I went with 12mg Nicotine. Many people did the same as me and found that Tobacco flavour is yucko when thinking maybe logical to go Tobacco, not for me ewww - but it might work for you - maybe 1 bottle only of B&H or RY4 to see if ya like it. I use pre-mixed Flavoured only now, no Tobacco Flavour. Most popular with me is the Creamy/Custard type in Dessert, Fruit and Drink ones, all with 12 mg of Nicotine which seems to be my comfort zone at the moment.
    It was a bank rollie flavour that got me off the smokes, then I hated it after about a month or so. My all day vape turned out to be a very light tobacco - hardly any flavouring at first. A lot of the tobacco flavours are way too strong to be vaped all day.

You just never know what you are going to like. I still get the odd surprise every now and then.
    muscovyduckling and ybnice like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Where can I get Bank rollie flavour? That's what I used to smoke.
    DogMan likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast