Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By maxsmd
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By sam545

Thread: coils

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

coils

Do I have to change my coil every time I change to a different eliquid / flavour any advice appreciated
    thanks

AVF Regular
    Some people care.. Some people dont.
    I never do.
    I just vape the tank dry (or as dry as it gets) and chuck in the new flavour.
    With that said.. I tend to vape similar "groups" of flavours in a particular tank.
    For example, i vape my fruits in one and my custard/dessert/bakery type juices in another.

Ive never had major issues as all my juices are not overpowering.
    But i know some peoples juices just stink the crap out of the tanks and can still be smelt/tasted even if a different juice is chucked into the tank.

Just try it out yourself. As long as it doesnt affect your perceptions of the juice, you're good to go.
    Or if you're anal enough, you can swap out the coils (i'm assuming you're talking about store bought coils) for different juices. Just dont throw them away as they can still be reused when you want to revisit that same juice.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    As max said, do whatever suits you best. If the flavours are similar then it's mind over matter (if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter).

Some flavours are too strong to be in the same room as a different juice though - things like cardamom, musk, some florals, peppermint, anise, menthol, clove hang around in a wick and even the tank for ages and are hard to get rid of.

Others like bakery and creams go with almost anything so it's up to you.

If you have a strong flavour in a tank that you just can't seem to get rid of, try soaking it in vinegar then give it a good wash out. (the acetic acid will break down most other flavour molecules but doesn't itself cause too much of a problem)

I would say that if your objective is to evaluate a new flavour, then the only way to do that is on a new coil.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 06-10-16 at 05:49 PM.
    trumpy955 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Thanks for the advice
    fabricator4 and Dhufish like this.

I find the minty ones i have to change the coil but I save it for when i use mint again. I don't change them most of the time and I don't mind or really notice too much that they have been mixed. But everyone is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk