Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fandtm666
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Ok where to from here

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Ok where to from here

Hi Guys and Girls,

Firstly would like to say a big thank you all to everyone here that helped me get going on this thread

Because I'm a massive kid and have to play with my new toy right away and filled my new T22 with the following on Monday to test it out
    Sweet Sin (Juice Bottle Size: 10ml, Flavour Strength: Single, PG/VG Ratio 60%PG / 40%VG).

Since then I have been in hospital getting a knee reconstruction. What I would like to know is it possible to empty the tank and use one of my ready to vape juices? If so how would I go about it?

Now to a more confusing question (at least to me anyway). I purchased Unflavored 3-48mg/mL Nicotine Base 250ML (50/50 PG/VG). How do I go mixing that? Just a a test I have 4.5mls of Sweet sin left how much of the Nicotine base do I mix with it? And after just mixing those two is is ready to vape?

Sorry for the million questions

Cheers

Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarcf View Post
    Hi Guys and Girls,

Firstly would like to say a big thank you all to everyone here that helped me get going on this thread

Because I'm a massive kid and have to play with my new toy right away and filled my new T22 with the following on Monday to test it out
    Sweet Sin (Juice Bottle Size: 10ml, Flavour Strength: Single, PG/VG Ratio 60%PG / 40%VG).

Since then I have been in hospital getting a knee reconstruction. What I would like to know is it possible to empty the tank and use one of my ready to vape juices? If so how would I go about it?

Now to a more confusing question (at least to me anyway). I purchased Unflavored 3-48mg/mL Nicotine Base 250ML (50/50 PG/VG). How do I go mixing that? Just a a test I have 4.5mls of Sweet sin left how much of the Nicotine base do I mix with it? And after just mixing those two is is ready to vape?

Sorry for the million questions

Cheers
    Yes you can empty the tank. Open it up as for filling it, then you can either syringe it out with a blunt needle or if you don't have that, just tip it into a shot glass for re-use.

Assuming you have 48mg/ml nicotine (NOT 3mg/ml!) and want to raise the 4.5ml of Sweet Sin to 12mg/ml, you would add 1.5ml of nicotine base.

If you bought different to 48mg/ml or you want a final result different to 12mg/ml nicotine, then the answer will be different.

ETA: online calculators are great and all, but for adding nic to a RTV I don't know of one that works well, since you don't actually know what the final volume will be. Easier to use the simple formula... In a spreadsheet if maths bothers you.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 07-10-16 at 06:50 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Formula for adding nic to an e-liquid:

how much liquid you have X how much you want to raise it by / difference between your target nic and the concentration of your nic base

That's either really easy to understand, or it's confused the heck out of you. I don't know which LOL. Colour coding added...

eg you have 4.5ml of liquid with no nicotine, 48mg/ml nic base, and you want to raise it to 12mg/ml nic.

4.5 X 12 / 36 = 1.5ml

Or, to think of it another way: Your target nic of 12mg/ml is exactly one quarter of your nicotine base (48mg/ml). That means that three quarters of your final juice must be your 0 nic RTV. To find the remaining quarter (how much to add)

4.5 / 3 = 1.5ml of nic base to add.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 08-10-16 at 09:37 AM.
    TheBald1 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Just looking at that ejuice me up site what a cracker plenty of diy recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Just looking at that ejuice me up site what a cracker plenty of diy recipes
    if you download and install their calc it has all the recipes included