• 1 Post By Enjii
  • 1 Post By Danny76
  • 1 Post By Enjii
  • 2 Post By Northerner
  • 2 Post By Wombats1

Thread: Lung Juice...

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Lung Juice...

Today is day 3 with my vape and my first day without cigarettes. I woke up this morning with hazelnut mocha flavoured lung juice... am I doing something wrong? Is it normal to feel like the eliquid is collecting on my lungs?
    I'm looking for something with less throat hit and a little bit more cloud (not crazy cloud.. just more of a 3 on the scale from 1 - 10 )
    Is the eliquid mainly responsible for this or the vape? I have an ego aio pen and am really looking forward to upgrading already haha.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Carlon likes this.

AVF Regular
    Pg is responsible for the throat hit. Vg is responsible for the clouds of vape try a lower pg mix say 40%pg 60%vg or 30/70
    ermoon2 likes this.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjii View Post
    Today is day 3 with my vape and my first day without cigarettes. I woke up this morning with hazelnut mocha flavoured lung juice... am I doing something wrong? Is it normal to feel like the eliquid is collecting on my lungs?
    Not really, no. It could be that if your lungs are still damaged from smoking so they are not clearing the liquid that condenses in the lungs. How badly your lungs are working would depend on how much you smoked and for how long. For most of us, the first sign that the lungs were starting to repair themselves was starting to cough up black tar in the morning. This can start anything from a few days after stopping smoking to a few weeks for some. For me it started a couple of weeks after I started vaping, and went on for many months. 35 year rollie smoker...

Give it a few more weeks and see how it is then. Eventually the lungs recover enough to start clearing normally during the day, you stop coughing up black stuff in the morning, and in fact you stop coughing in the morning completely and start feeling healthier.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Thank you. That makes sense. I started smoking aged 12 and am now 38.
    I'm relieved to hear that my lungs can heal despite the fact that I'm still inhaling foreign stuff into them. This morning I had to really convince myself that this is better for me than smoking. Only had a couple of thoughts about cigarettes but I wouldn't call them cravings. Looked at the ashtray and instead of wanting one I just felt like I have jumped a hurdle in my smoke free journey.

muscovyduckling likes this.

AVF Regular
    the next thing you'd probably get is vaper tounge as your tastebuds are coming back...don't worry too much about it will be gone in due time, I found mouthwash and vaping metholated juice helps
    ~ JepunKô

AVF Regular
    The flavoured juice probably got absorbed into the mucus that was already sat on your chest. Ugh.

It's a journey mate after smoking for that long. You can expect your gums to bleed as well, they have been deprived of oxygen for so long they tend to get a bit fragile after stopping smoking. Mild chest pain, loads of crap will come off your chest for months, sometimes other body pain too... all the stuff you would experience normally when quitting smoking.

On the bright side... You will sleep better, you may stop snoring, you will get your taste and smell back, your cardio vascular system will improve, so much good stuff.

You may want to try unflavoured juice if your concerned about the flavourings. It's more like a smoke too, just without the tar and carbon monoxide. It's fairly common (though not trendy), it's all I use.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Yep I smoked 30+ years, I brought up a truckload of gunk black grey really unpleasant, not sure about the flavour though, a taste change in phlem before meant another round of antibiotics. Since starting to vape I have had ZERO chest infections going on 6 months now.

Keep at it, monitor whats occuring, if you get concerned get checked out, (just to be safe) but its likely as the guys say nothing to be worried about for all the reasons stated.

Keep vaping your doin great
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Eeew. You don't want lung juice
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    After smoking 30+ years I didn't get the cough the crap up thing. 1 1/2 years later still waiting.
    3 years prior to this I was in hospital and had one of those oxygen sensors pretty much the whole time and even after a smoke I was like 98% which is a reading for non smokers.
    Giving up effects people in different ways I guess so keep trying, I'm sure it will get better.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.