Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Danny76

Thread: Going from an Endura 22 to a TC mod

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Going from an Endura 22 to a TC mod

Hi guys, I'm Titanium5000 (T5), I've got an Innokin Endura T22, I only recreationally smoke, so vaping seemed great for me and really enjoy it so far, I also bought an additional T18 tank to experiment with different flavours.
    It's great, but it's obviously aimed at beginners, very nice 1.5 ohm coils a 4.5ml size tank with 2000mah battery, its auto-regulates to 14W. Also using 6mg nicotine mix, may reduce that to 3-4mg, but this is fine.

I've been doing some research on TC mods (temperature control), and I've found Innokin's Cortex TC, and other than the screen being under the mod, seems like it comes with a highly praised iSub S tank and not only a bigger battery at 3300mah, but TCs are said to use less power too, so hopefully an even relatively bigger too! I also like it aesthetically as it's very similar to the T22.

I wanted to hear from those here there using TC mods, and others, are there any other alternatives?

My criteria is mostly size, this T22 is really compact (145 h x 22 w x 32 l) I'd like to keep the length under 45mm (Cortex TC is 155 x 25 x 46mm so that's close enough), and getting the 'hottest' vape I can. Cigarettes are said to burn at 900C, this mod only does 270C which could be plenty for vaping, I don't know, the T22 can also vape and charge... Except when the battery is full weirdly, I'd want the next one to have this too. I'm not obsessed with cloud sizes, I only do 3-5 second vapes, its all about the most enjoyable flavours for me.

Looking forward to learning more here.

Cheers, T5

AVF Regular
    Just looking at it the only thing i would say is it has no ramp up wattage in tc mode is automatically regulated. Im only new to vaping as well but i got the eleaf pico 75w. Great little bit of kit for someone who doesn't really know what they want yet. It has a wattage ramp in tc mode.at about 50$plus 15 for a battery u can't go wrong really. Even experienced vapers cant fault it in the reviews i looked at.
    muscovyduckling likes this.

Hey Danny, yeah I have seen some mods that do that, my understanding is basically the power (in TC mode) is about how quickly it ramps up to its set temperature, more power, you're at your temperature faster, if there's less it will take longer to get to that temperature. Once you're at the temperature you want though, you don't necessarily need full power, it just uses as much watts as needed to maintain that temperature until the end of the vape.

AVF Regular
    Hey and welcome. My thinking was that u were after a hot vape if wattage is low in tc mode u wont get the desired result. But im definitely no expert just a newbie like u. I have the pico 75w and have no complaints what so ever

Hey thanks Danny, it's definitely a good point. It seems with my front runner the Cortex TC (I have no major competitors at this point, I want to find them all though), has a power rating of 80W, but further reading indicates its lowest ohm coils (for TC mode) allow a maximum of 70W.

I imagine that must be the case though, higher W and/or lower ohms will produce a greater maximum temperature. Hoping to get some advice on temperature mods from some of the more experienced vapers here too.