Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Best mech mod batteries?!?

AVF Regular

Best mech mod batteries?!?

Hey guys I wanna start of by apologising as I know there are hundreds of these threads already in here but I'm not sure if there are any new batteries on the market.

I know generally the most recommended batteries for mechs have been the VTC4s but I've looked over mooch's new battery chart and checked out supersport600's store and noticed vtc5s and vtc6s along with a number of other new batteries (new to me).

If anyone has any info or recommendations for some hard hitting mech batteries I'd love to here them.

If the vtc4s are still reigning king for mechs I apologise for adding another thread to the pile.

AVF Regular
    I use Samsung 25r for below 20amps. LG HB6 for 20-30 amps.

The VTC took a real downturn after Fukushima and the relocation.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    This will help,

jacksonmate likes this.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    LG chocolates...LG HG2 // 18650 3000mAh 20A | Lithium Ion Battery | Vapoureyes the only batteries I use...
    fixit likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    This will help,

Thanks man there's actually a newer updated chart by mooch and I've had a look over but I'm not sure what's true 30A etc as some batteries say they are but aren't really.

Also what's the difference between the LG Hg2, Hg4, and Hg6 as they're all rated 1500mah 30A

I've got a bunch of the choco LG hg2s and use them in my regulated and mechs atm but want something with a bit more oomph off a fresh charge or at least something that doesn't drop off as quickly.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonmate View Post
    Thanks man there's actually a newer updated chart by mooch and I've had a look over but I'm not sure what's true 30A etc as some batteries say they are but aren't really.

Also what's the difference between the LG Hg2, Hg4, and Hg6 as they're all rated 1500mah 30A

I've got a bunch of the choco LG hg2s and use them in my regulated and mechs atm but want something with a bit more oomph off a fresh charge or at least something that doesn't drop off as quickly.
    the battery sag on browns bites, it sucks.

all those other lg you mentioned are true 30 amp, only vtc3 are other than those, also 1500mah. The vtc4 are about 23 amp

the difference in sag between a samsung 25r and chcolate lg is around 0.1 volt for me, which is huge, 25r are much better

the hb6 i had to get from illumination supply in the states, supersports600 doesn't carry them

AVF Regular
    Aw 18350s

Oh
    btobw, DogMan and Midlife like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    the battery sag on browns bites, it sucks.

all those other lg you mentioned are true 30 amp, only vtc3 are other than those, also 1500mah. The vtc4 are about 23 amp

the difference in sag between a samsung 25r and chcolate lg is around 0.1 volt for me, which is huge, 25r are much better

the hb6 i had to get from illumination supply in the states, supersports600 doesn't carry them
    Yeah it's sweet for a couple hours then I gotta chuck em back on the charger.

So what would you recommend? The 25r or the LGs? The 25r have higher mah but are only 20A? Whereas the LGs are only 1500mah but 30A?

Is higher Ampage what you look for for mechs or is it one of those tricky trial and error things to see which batteries hold on longer?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Aw 18350s

Oh
    Just to clarify I'm after 18650s

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonmate View Post
    Yeah it's sweet for a couple hours then I gotta chuck em back on the charger.

So what would you recommend? The 25r or the LGs? The 25r have higher mah but are only 20A? Whereas the LGs are only 1500mah but 30A?

Is higher Ampage what you look for for mechs or is it one of those tricky trial and error things to see which batteries hold on longer?

Just to clarify I'm after 18650s
    it depends on your builds

if you are only pulling 15 amp, then go for the 20 amp batteries with longer mah

do you have a multimeter? [not 510 ohm meter] put some different batteries in and check voltage to the 510. at 15 amp, the battery will sag close to a volt, so otput will likely be around 3.3 volts to the coil. The difference in 25r compared to lg brown is the 25r will be more like 3.4 volts to the coil on a full charge, but they won't last as long as the browns or samsung 30q [pink 15 amp batteries 3000 mah]

the 30 amp batteries will let you build lower than 0.21 ohm on a single battery mech, but at 1500 mah, you might only get an hour that low buld

AVF Regular
    The LG HE4's are also worth a mention. I think they are at least as good as my Samsung 25R's

The amp numbers Mooch puts in parentheses are his calculated constant current amp. Most batteries are safe over that in a vaping application and Mooch publishes figures for that as well, but I never need to go there.

As said go for higher amps or higher capacity as your needs dictate. You can't have both without a radical change in the battery technology.
    DogMan likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast