Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapeninja

Thread: Noobs and RDA's

AVF Regular

Noobs and RDA's

Just wanted to make a quick post being a noob to building coils and using rda's myself as of lastnight I had a rda catch fire due to building a coil which was very low ohms I don't recommend doing this if your new in saying this stay away from being a cloud chaser it's just not worth the risk yeah big clouds are cool and all but when your rda catches fire and you literally become a fire breathing cloud idiot like myself you'll get hurt I burnt the inside of my mouth and did a good job at it nearly had a 18650 battery explode in my hand from pushing it to far always be careful never build to low unless you know what your doing and double check everything building coils is not all what it seems it can be quite dangerous at times just thought I'd leave this here for the newbies to see so they know the dangers of this and please read up on battery safety so you know what your battery's can handle!!!!
    Fatman likes this.
    Minikin 2 with Goon
    LMC 200W with Buddha z V3
    VCM stacked tube with Temple mini

Started Vaping 13/9/2016 the day that changed my life!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapeninja View Post
    Just wanted to make a quick post being a noob to building coils and using rda's myself as of lastnight I had a rda catch fire due to building a coil which was very low ohms I don't recommend doing this if your new in saying this stay away from being a cloud chaser it's just not worth the risk yeah big clouds are cool and all but when your rda catches fire and you literally become a fire breathing cloud idiot like myself you'll get hurt I burnt the inside of my mouth and did a good job at it nearly had a 18650 battery explode in my hand from pushing it to far always be careful never build to low unless you know what your doing and double check everything building coils is not all what it seems it can be quite dangerous at times just thought I'd leave this here for the newbies to see so they know the dangers of this and please read up on battery safety so you know what your battery's can handle!!!!

Hope you are OK.

No we don't recommend RDA's for new vapers, and certainly not extremely low ohms, contact coils, and mechs.

I'm back to running a tube mech at the moment, but it has a vape-safe-mod-fuse in it. I like to have some type of assurance of safety. I've been using these for over three years, and they've saved me from a short circuit exactly twice. (both times on protanks, which have bottom pins in rubber grommets with the possibility of a short circuit in the case of over-tightening).

Stay safe.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Hope you are OK.

No we don't recommend RDA's for new vapers, and certainly not extremely low ohms, contact coils, and mechs.

I'm back to running a tube mech at the moment, but it has a https://www.vapefox.com.au/genuine-v...fuse-p-49.html in it. I like to have some type of assurance of safety. I've been using these for over three years, and they've saved me from a short circuit exactly twice. (both times on protanks, which have bottom pins in rubber grommets with the possibility of a short circuit in the case of over-tightening).

Stay safe.
    I am fine just a very sore mouth and throat today just thought a quick post reminds the newbies that this stuff can happen to anyone since lastnight i rebuilt some coils at .9 ohms not my favourites but they work and there not going to make me a fire breathing dragon i have learnt so much since i started vaping just over a month or more ago lost track haha and im deffiently checking out those i have been looking for a tube mod for work but im quite cautious of those mech tubes dont want it to blowup in my hand or pocket
    Minikin 2 with Goon

AVF Regular
    I am fine just a very sore mouth and throat today just thought a quick post reminds the newbies that this stuff can happen to anyone since lastnight i rebuilt some coils at .9 ohms not my favourites but they work and there not going to make me a fire breathing dragon i have learnt so much since i started vaping just over a month or more ago lost track haha and im deffiently checking out those i have been looking for a tube mod for work but im quite cautious of those mech tubes dont want it to blowup in my hand or pocket
    Oh, and just pointing out in case you didn't know: If the battery got very hot, stop using that battery. There's a good chance the plates were damaged which makes a failure during charging or use a much greater probability. It will need to be replaced I'm afraid.

AVF Regular
    Oh, and just pointing out in case you didn't know: If the battery got very hot, stop using that battery. There's a good chance the plates were damaged which makes a failure during charging or use a much greater probability. It will need to be replaced I'm afraid.
    Even thought they didnt really get hot im still replacing them i dont want to risk having a fire safety is always first and i'd rather pay anther $19 for more batterys than lose a finger or hand or possibly my life
    Minikin 2 with Goon

AVF Regular
    Just realised the product I linked to has the auto reset fuse that has an very low amp limit. It's probably not suitable for subohm vaping. The ones I use have the 10 amp hard fuse that is no good after it's blown.

https://www.vapingmad.com.au/product...ape-safe-fuse/

If it blows I just replace the SMD fuse for very low cost. Only had to do that twice though. Most tube mods have space for a vape fuse, but it pays to check.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 23-10-16 at 10:30 AM.

AVF Regular
    Just realised the product I linked to has the auto reset fuse that has an very low amp limit. It's probably not suitable for subohm vaping. The ones I use have the 10 amp hard fuse that is no good after it's blown.

https://www.vapingmad.com.au/product...ape-safe-fuse/

If it blows I just replace the SMD fuse for very low cost. Only had to do that twice though. Most tube mods have space for a vape fuse, but it pays to check.
    Thanks fabricator greatly appreciated is there any mechanical tubes you recommend? I like good quality stuff

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Minikin 2 with Goon

AVF Regular
    Thanks fabricator greatly appreciated is there any mechanical tubes you recommend? I like good quality stuff
    Well I don't spend a ton of money. I've got a GG clone that I bought off the classies years ago, and a Wismec el Grande also off the classies. I've used a K100 clone (Fasttech) till it fell apart due to being dropped and sat on daily for two years...

Have a look around and see what might appeal to you.

A lot of the mechs these days have a hybrid 510 connector which is dangerous to put the wrong atty on it (the source of at least one explosion, despite the fact that the person involved was warned about it - he was destroying batteries and kept going back to the store to get them replaced). As long as the center pin on the atty extends well past the threaded outer and cannot be squashed in, it's OK. The thread, which is case -ive, can not contact the top of the battery. That's why the fuse is in the Wismec - I'm just happier with a bit of backup safety on an atty that only has about half a mm of clearance.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the added info I have been doing alot of reading on mechs I like the simplicity and I need something durable for work because it's bound to fall off a roof eventually hasn't happened yet praise the gods but I know the time will come and I read all about the hybrid connectors which just seems to be a recipe for disaster

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Minikin 2 with Goon

AVF Regular
    Well the K100 is a good work beater: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...mechanical-mod
    I ran mine (not this, a clone) in 18350 mode for years. It was my work pocket piece.

It will probably survive a fall off a roof, but a tank wouldn't.

You have to build the coil to give the right watts you like to vape at. I recommend basing it on 3.75V, the battery nominal voltage, but it's possible to vape a battery below 3.2 volts with that setting.