Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Step Up from T22

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Step Up from T22

I posted this in the new members sticky but I think it kinda belongs more here

Hi there all, been looking here for a while learnt heaps already but thought I better join up and join in. Started out a few weeks ago with a T22 from Vapoureyes. Got some ready to vape juice at the same time. Roasted Strawberry!!! Got a few packs of coils...Good guys to deal with. Wasn't doing much to help me stop smoking. Bought some nic juice in PG and VG 25mg. from NZ and mixed my first doubler. All good.

Now the thing is I'm a bit bored with this setup I have. I like the MTL feeling it gives. It does everything it should, works perfectly, just so damn boring. No settings to muck about with or nothin.

Please can somebody recommend a step up from here. I'm pretty adaptable when it comes to learning new things. Just need a bit of a push as to where to start.
    Cheers Pipey
    Tom Drake likes this.

AVF Regular
    Just a little imput from me - if bored as I was in a few days with the T22 (which I luv), I alternate from the T22 which is MTL to 2 other Devices that are DL. This is perfect as first thing in morning I MTL and usually the rest of the day I DL. I bought Itsauwa Subohm Kit and the Tesla Stealth 100w but they are only Kits but are very good for DL for a newbie. Just thought I would post my experience re slight boredom/difference.

You can get more advanced results from the good Members here if you want to dabble into the Mods etc.
    Tom Drake likes this.
    ""Tootle Puffer" on Starter Kits.

Thanks for the input. I've been looking at a few. This squonking looks like fun but wasn't too sure if it was too big a step to take. Think I can get a kanger or similar to try it out
    ybnice likes this.

What's the opinions on something like this?

SMOK OSUB 80W TC Plus Starter Kit // 3300mAh - Free Express Shipping! | TC Mod | Vapoureyes

Does it take bought coils or do I have to wind my own?
    The more I look the more I can't decide

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipey View Post
    What's the opinions on something like this?

SMOK OSUB 80W TC Plus Starter Kit // 3300mAh - Free Express Shipping! | TC Mod | Vapoureyes

Does it take bought coils or do I have to wind my own?
    The more I look the more I can't decide
    Looks just okay.

Better to look for something with replaceable batteries. Batteries are only good for 300 odd charges, so that mod won't last beyond that.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Looks just okay.

Better to look for something with replaceable batteries. Batteries are only good for 300 odd charges, so that mod won't last beyond that.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Cheers for the tip DogMan. I've just ordered a dripbox by kanger. Gonna give this squonking a bash. Bought some batteries and a charger too. So even if I don't like the dripbox I have the 18650 setup for the next mod. Who said this was cheaper than smokes ??

Righto, so my Dripbox arrived. Juiced it up with some 50/50 pg vg Vapoureyes Juice. Give it a few squeezes of the bottle, checked to make sure the wick is well wet. Pushed the button in for a fire and holy hell it spits and crackles and makes me cough like buggery. Mucked about with the air flow holes a bit and still no different. Am i doing something completely wrong?
    Coils and wick looks good not burnt or anything. Is this what squonking is all about?
    Any input will be appreciated. Cheers Pipey
    Last edited by Pipey; 03-11-16 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling

AVF Regular
    Hey pipey, will you give you some advice from my point of view. I've had a hard day at work and cracking my fourth so be warned. First up I assume you've quit smoking so congrats! But I think you've be lead astray and since you like tinkering here is my advice.

First up nicotine. Buy nicotine from your (prefered seller) many of topics here about the sellers. Buy 1 litre bottles and if you're willing buy 100mg. This will allow you to change and grow through your vaping experience. I stupidly bought 36mg, as per internet advice I "should" have wanted to vape 18mg making it dead easy for doublers. That advice was waaaay off and now I cannot tinker with my VG/PG ratio as much as I'd like till I get more. Plus it gives you big savings and general advice is buy 100% PG mix as it keeps longer.

Now your vaping kit. Why I'm glad to hear "ybnice" has found something that works for them I think this advice is incorrect no offence intended at all. (this is also assuming you've just quit smoking) first off you'll want to replicate your smoking experience until you branch out with your vaping experience making you quitting more likely. DL will not provide this experience, though I don't do it myself I agree with this method as it further removes you from what smoking was.

Next you went with a squonking setup. Though I'd love to try squonking myself. Going from a T22 to a squonk setup is like eating bacon and eggs for breakfast then turning into a crazy vegan for lunch. (though I also assume you're using the pre-built coils, which makes it a tad easier but I do not agree with kanger for this ploy.) I'll explain after.

I don't know but assume with that setup you are going DL, if you are using the same juice you are in taking nicotine at a much higher and denser rate. This is what is producing your coughing. From what I've read, DLers drop their nic anywhere from 3-8mg when using this sort of setup compared with MTL setups. Okay so I'm slightly drunk and this is all off the top of my head. so bear with me.

Now my advice and personal preference. Mods, they are much the same I prefer replaceable battery mods as with internal battery mods, I know at some point the battery will die leaving it for the most part useless. Many many options available. I started with the eleaf pico and still use it for work, was cheap so did it for me. If you want for more info ask around, people seem to tot the evics as well.

Now what's on your mod and to me more important. You like to tinker so I suggest you go with and RTA, but (I assume once again your just quitting smoking) so getting a tank with replaceable coils may help. It's good to have a few things on the go, so if something fails you're still able to vape. If you go another mod, you'll learn to tinker with VW. I'm not to versed on clearos (replaceable coil tanks) but general for MTL as always nautilus.....I and other have hated the nautilus X I suggest stay away from that but what ever. This is older school tech but stay with the old one, can be cheap to be had. Next I just bought cubis plus tank for the misses (yet to try it but others rated it) cheapish coils and apparently no leaking so maybe worth ago.

Finally RTA's, as you stated you want to tinker. Get and RTA or even and RDA, start learning to build and wick your own coils. cheaper and you'll be able to find what works for you. Sub-ohm, plus-ohm ect. As always I recommend the lemo 2 best single coil RTA I've come across. Doesn't leak and is no fuss, blah blah ect. Okay I'm drunk and done, hope that helps.

Tomato out.

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

Thanks for the input @Rouge Tomato
    I've got a better handle on this squonk thing now than I did. I think I was over doing how wet the wick had to be. Still I don't think this DL is for me yet.
    I had bought doublers from VapourEyes and got my Nic in 24mg from somewhere in NZ so it should equate to around 12mg/ml I guess.
    I really think I need to buy another setup and stick to MTL for a while. I'll look into these Nautilus tanks and a VW mod me thinks. Cheers

AVF Regular
    DL is 'something else' I'll tell you that.

I've been doing MTL for over a year, faking DL by dragging air past the drip tip on occasion for fun, but real DL is a completely different animal, and until you work it out, you're going to have some trouble...

Best advice I can give you as an also very recent DL newbie is to take it real slow, take short tokes and take in a lot of air until you get used to it.

And you will probably cough a lot too. I'm completely and totally off the ciggies now, but I do occasionally cough when I push the DL rig I have too far.

You should get it, just take your time.

That said my newest rig is specifically for MTL, and at that, it works really nicely. And I can do the 'fake' DL when I want to and it's still really nice.

Also back waaaay off on the nic. My old rig I was doing 6mg nic, all the time. The DL rig I can't do more than 2mg/ml or I feel sick. Seems my nic tolerance has dropped significantly of late, and I'd suggest going too low (and sucking on the thing heaps!) than going too high thinking you need so much nic.

My DL rig is a 40W mod, maxxed out on an Aspire Cleito with a 0.4ohm SS coil. Works great, but I know it (and I) can handle more watts. How many more, I don't know.

Good luck, whatever you end up with.

Stu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast