Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Wombats1
  • 1 Post By captive

Thread: No Vapour

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

No Vapour

G'day Guys,
    I just got some 1.5 ohm coils for my Kanger subvod mega TC, but when I went to use it there was very little vapour being produced.
    I didn't really have time to check it all out because I had to leave for work, but when I put that tank on my Innokin T18 battery it worked fine.
    Could this be a case of the Kanger 35-40W battery not suiting the 1.5 ohm coil?
    Cheers
    Grant

AVF Regular
    Well that should be doing just over 9 watts on that battery (fixed 3.7 volts)

You might have to hold the button in longer and take a longer draw. 9 watts on a toptank isn't going to do a lot, 15 - 20W might be more in the ball park for MTL so I'd expect something 0.7 to 0.9 ohms would be more in the ball park.

If it really isn't firing at all check/clean all the contacts (inside the atty base too) and make sure the centre pin on the battery 510 or the tank have not been pushed in (look for open circuit somewhere IOW)
    TheBald1 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBald1 View Post
    G'day Guys,
    I just got some 1.5 ohm coils for my Kanger subvod mega TC, but when I went to use it there was very little vapour being produced.
    I didn't really have time to check it all out because I had to leave for work, but when I put that tank on my Innokin T18 battery it worked fine.
    Could this be a case of the Kanger 35-40W battery not suiting the 1.5 ohm coil?
    Cheers
    Grant
    Generally higher ohm coils use lower wattages 1.5 should be fine with 15w or there abouts lower ohm likes higher wattages so your 40w device should have no probs
    Had a quick look around but could not find the ohm range but most handle 1.5 ok (im out of time)

Check the manual for mods ohm range
    Sorry i could not help more
    TheBald1 likes this.
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Could it simply be trying to use temp control with kanthal coils which are not for temp use?
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    Could it simply be trying to use temp control with kanthal coils which are not for temp use?
    That was my thought.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I'm sure it was in power mode, but I'll double check when I get home