Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kimentor

Thread: Traveling to Sydney, Australia - Bringing my own gear + juice question

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Traveling to Sydney, Australia - Bringing my own gear + juice question

Hello AussieVapers!

I'm a Swedish guy who's traveling to Sydney, Australia in November.

For the sake of simplicity I'm planning to bring my own gear and a couple of bottles of 30ml 3mg e-liquid (to last me the first few weeks until I find a nice vape shop).

Will I have any issues bringing my juice through customs? What I have gathered is that it is legal to vape nicotine juice in NSW Sydney so I don't think I should have any issues. But I figured asking here wouldn't hurt.

Thanks!

Kimentor
    jacksonmate likes this.

AVF Regular
    How long are you coming for?
    You can't buy nic in Australia, but it's okay to import. Plenty of good aussie juices for you to try here, but you will need to add your own nic. Most of us use 100mg unflavored to add to the local juice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post
    You can't buy nic in Australia, but it's okay to import. Plenty of good aussie juices for you to try here, but you will need to add your own nic. Most of us use 100mg unflavored to add to the local juice.

This article may help to shed some light.

Nocookies | The Australian

Also you will need to check the rules about e-cigs/vaporisers in any stop over countries. Fro example they are illegal in Singapore.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post

I'm coming over for 6 months to 12 months.
    Ok that's a shame, however if importing it is no problem then it should work out. I've been supplied with a postage location where I can order things to and pick up. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post

Also you will need to check the rules about e-cigs/vaporisers in any stop over countries. Fro example they are illegal in Singapore.
    Thanks for the heads up dude!

Looks like I'll bring a couple 30ml bottles from home and order a nic base to add to the juices I purchase over there!

I'm changing flights in Hong Kong before heading to Sydney. From what I can find it should not be a problem, does anyone have any knowledge of bringing vape gear in carry on travelling through Hong Kong?
    Last edited by Kimentor; 31-10-16 at 08:33 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post

Got an article that's not asking for a paid subscription?

As for the OP, no problem in Hong kong I don't think. Much of the stuff comes out of HK so I don't think they have any problems with it at all.

Liquid as carry on, 1l capacity clear ziplock bag and small bottles under 100ml inside it. If it's in the tank, no problem. In your suitcase, no problem how much you have so if you have nic base, bring it!

And don't attempt to bring ANY LIQUID outside that small ziplock bag on your carry on into Australia. I left some nice whisky with security because it wasn't allowed on an Oz bound aircraft, even inside it's duty free bag. You can try, you will probably fail so don't bother, pack it in the suitcase.

(Beer is cheap in Oz, liquor is expensive. Bring liquor, it'll make you new friends real quick! Actual cigarettes are also accepted, but only 50 per person. If they're cheap in Sweden, bring some. Snus might also be popular with some folks?)

And for a year, you'll run the gamut of weather in Australia. Bring some warm clothing. It does get cold sometimes. But as you get off the plane, it'll be warm so have something you can take off when you get to Oz.

I wouldn't say I'm well travelled, but I now do a once yearly trip back to Melbourne with the family so I've got some idea of what flies and what doesn't.

For customs into Oz, my best advise is to have a read of the relevant documents, take note, and stick to what they say. I've heard stories of how much 'stuff' folks have bought through, I've seen otherwise. I still vividly recall a lady having her suitcase emptied because she had 'nothing', but did have 'something' and the customs folks took out anything even slightly suspicious and we see this every single time we pass through. I don't like the hassle, so I bring nothing I can't, declare everything I should and give a tired smile to the customs folks. Never even slow down on the way through.

Stu.