Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By muscovyduckling
  • 2 Post By argzilla

Thread: Advice please

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Advice please

Hi guys,

I'm an occasional shisha smoker. I smoke anywhere from weekly to monthly and mostly enjoy the double apple flavour (grape as well, on occasion).

I'm looking to emulate that in the vaping world.

I understand that the Innokin T18 or Ego AIO are great for newbies.

Would either of these be a suitable alternative?
    Are they capable of producing similar thick clouds?
    Are there juices similar in flavour to those that I'm used to?

Thanks

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by argzilla View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm an occasional shisha smoker. I smoke anywhere from weekly to monthly and mostly enjoy the double apple flavour (grape as well, on occasion).

I'm looking to emulate that in the vaping world.

I understand that the Innokin T18 or Ego AIO are great for newbies.

Would either of these be a suitable alternative?
    Are they capable of producing similar thick clouds?
    Are there juices similar in flavour to those that I'm used to?

Thanks
    If you like huge clouds then a sub ohm system might be better for you. Sub ohming requires a lot more air and a DL (direct lung) inhale where you suck it straight down. Vapour is thicker and heavier feeling that smoke, so you may have an adjustment period. That's one of the reasons we suggest starting with the T18 or the AIO at first, they are a tighter draw and more manageable for cigarette smokers.

A better starter kit for making your own local weather system might be the Subvod Mega:
    Kanger SubVod MEGA TC Kit | VapeKing
    You'll need to get some spare coils as well but they should last you a long time.

Nicotine containing liquids can not be sold legally in Australia, but given your occasional use you may not want nicotine anyway. It depends on why you use the shisha and what you want. Companies that you can get zero nicotine liquids from include VapourEyes, Five Ten inc, Aussie Ecigs, Go Vape, and plenty of others. There's a new guy just started up called Fenix. All of these have a presence on here (look in the vendor's section) except for Aussie. Most on line vape stores will have liquid, it's a matter of trying a few things and seeing which you like - there's a huge range and you shouldn't be afraid of mixing them together to get what you want either.

Higher VG (vegetable glycerin) liquids will give you thicker clouds, but it tends to mute the flavour a little. Higher PG (propylene glycol) carries flavours better and gives more throat hit. A common ratio is 50/50 in tanks. 80/20 VG/PG is available but it's a lot thicker and may not wick as fast or as well.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 31-10-16 at 12:32 PM.
    Dymo316 and Rodrocket like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yep, Fabs is right on the money as usual.

If you want thicker clouds but still want a good set-up for a newbie, you could get yourself an Ego AIO still, but buy a box of 0.5ohm replacement coils rather than the 0.6ohm ones it comes with. The 0.5ohm coils have quite a bit more airflow so they can produce more clouds, and can handle higher VG juices. The Ego AIO with the 2500mAh battery is good for this. It's my husband's favourite.

Then if you find it a bit much, you could just go back to the 0.6ohm coils.

Morris the Grape from VapourEyes is a good grape flavour,and they also sell a Turkish apple juice by (I think) Vagabond Vapour. Alternatively you can buy Inawera flavour concentrates and mix your own juice - they have a line of shisha flavours including Apple and grape, but I haven't tried them.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thank you both for the great advice.

I've checked out the options further and I'm leaning towards the Kanger SubVod.