Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Telling when Carto is dead

Hey all

Is there any real indication as to when cartomizers die/dying, ive heard that there will be less vapour or you will receive a burnt taste but thats only been once for me.
    All my other cartos have gone for 4 weeks at best with no change in taste or vaper is this normal?

Using Boge 510s in Tank (punched)

Stop smoking in analog and upgrade to HD vapor!

4 weeks ? damn. Is that being used daily?

I tend to swap mine out at the end of the week. I have two tanks in rotation so probably equates to around 7mls per carto.

I swap them more as a preventative measure (don't want to get stuck out with a dead carto) and i do notice a slight improvement in taste. I have tossed cartos out after getting a terrible burnt taste or an E1 error on Provari (shorted carto).

Stoney (probably other members as well) poke a needle down the center (daily i think) and seem to also get good life out of theirs. Stoney has a tanked one with 2+ weeks without flavor/vapor loss.

CCC
    Some juices kill them faster. They get really soggy to me and produce less vapour. Seems like they live longer tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Some juices kill them faster. They get really soggy to me and produce less vapour. Seems like they live longer tanked.
    Concur with CCC,amazingly there are many people in town the same

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    4 weeks ? damn. Is that being used daily?
    Yes quite alot daily

Stop smoking in analog and upgrade to HD vapor!

php
    4 weeks is a bargain! I usually chuck 'em when I notice a change in draw and/or flavour/vapour. Generally a week or so for me; less with darker flavours.

I tried Stoney's anal probe method the other day, mainly because I couldn't be arsed dremeling more cartos. Amazingly my poker did manage to get the shit out and it did taste better (the carto; not my poker)! The Alien Visions tasted good as new. Got me through 'til I had time to de-flower another virgin. I may well be a convertee! Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

Well I best head out to the shed and give this shelving a go!

I mainly vape darker juices so I seem to replace my carto (inside a tank) every 5-6 days. I never bother trying to clean them in anyway as I figure compared to what I used to pay for smokes, who cares about a disposable $2 piece.

I find the draw starts getting really tight when it's time for a change-over.

for my kangers, the filler goes ratty and they stop taking juice so well and start wanting to leak out the bottom, the draw definitely goes quite stiff when they're ready to retire

the only other carto i've really used much is a smoktech dual coil in a tank and that has been pretty amazing for a couple of weeks now! I haven't been vaping on it exclusively or anything but not a day goes by I don't hit on it sometimes during the day... quite impressed with it actually! Every other day or so I give it a brief blow out and get some dark juice (that portion of the e-liquid that isn't vaporizing I assume) and since it's a vertical coil, if it gets stiff any I give it a poke-out with a straightened paper clip (carefully but)

since it's staying perpetually wet, the coils aren't degrading as fast and I think that helps the filler too

a wet carto is a happy carto :-) I top one up the moment it starts seeming dry-ish at all

they get a stiff draw, capacity drops substantially and they taste crap from the residue build up. basically complete drop in performance from every angle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast