Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Vape gear maintenance

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I came across a box of pipe cleaners the other day while rummaging around in the make-up drawers at my local Rep Club. (I think they may have been there as whiskers for some play that had animal characters.) I absent mindedly shoved one right into my clearo and was amazed that when I pulled it out it was no longer white but mostly grey.

I've been using a bowl of hot water with a dash of dish detergent to clean my clearos, they soak for a few minutes then I shake them around blocking off the ends with my fingers and rinse them well in cold water. I don't do that to the coils they get flushed with hot water, considering I have el cheapo stuff and nothing's broken yet, I figure it works. I am however going to invest in a bag of pipe cleaners to help make sure I get all the gunk out.
    Fatman and btobw like this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Great thread subject and one I started thinking more about last night. Thanks!
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I came across a box of pipe cleaners the other day while rummaging around in the make-up drawers at my local Rep Club. (I think they may have been there as whiskers for some play that had animal characters.) I absent mindedly shoved one right into my clearo and was amazed that when I pulled it out it was no longer white but mostly grey.

I've been using a bowl of hot water with a dash of dish detergent to clean my clearos, they soak for a few minutes then I shake them around blocking off the ends with my fingers and rinse them well in cold water. I don't do that to the coils they get flushed with hot water, considering I have el cheapo stuff and nothing's broken yet, I figure it works. I am however going to invest in a bag of pipe cleaners to help make sure I get all the gunk out.
    These are just perfect for scrubbing out drip tips and tank parts like the chimney:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1461600
    ausguitarman and Anonymous like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Just got some of these which are similar but the different sizes are handy.
    fabricator4 and Anonymous like this.
    Midrange is a TONE...not a 'drink driving' trophy... please help explain that to the kids.....

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Soft bristle toothbrush works really well in place of a bottle brush, you can get around almost anything with the fine bendable bristles.

I leave my stuff to sit in a solution of water and dish soap, a little mouthwash if I want my stuff to look shiny, it helps remove flavours as well.
    Other things that remove flavour - dilute dettol solution and alcohol of any kind.
    Allow to air dry.

Been working well for me so far.

Someone suggested hot water rinse to me initially, but I had a big issue with seals swelling and one of my tanks seized, was a pain to get it apart.
    Some edible oil works well to lubricate after seals swell up. Q tip and olive oil going strong for me so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12