Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to ecigs... help please!

New to ecigs... help please!

Hi people!

My partner and I are interested in ecigs, and have proudly just placed an order with healthcabin... Before we get our shipment, can someone please give me the idiots guide to vaping.
    There is so much info out there it is mind-boggling!

Here is what I have purchased...

1 ea.

10ml HC E-juice/E-Liquid(PG Base. 51 flavors)•Flavor - Tobacco
    •Strength - 24mg

3 ea.

5pc Empty cartridges for JOYE510•Style - flat tip
    •Color - Black

1 ea.
    [Joyetech] Joye 510 Starter Kit with Logo (Manual/Auto)•Style - Manual
    •Color - Stainless

1 ea.

10ml HC E-juice/E-Liquid(PG Base. 51 flavors)•Flavor - Dunhill/Deluxe tobacco
    •Strength - 18mg

1 ea.

10ml HC E-juice/E-Liquid(PG Base. 51 flavors)•Flavor - Vanilla
    •Strength - 18mg

Now... Can somebody please enlighten me on a few newbie questions?

1. How long is an atty going to last me?
    2. Smoke approx 20, 16 strenth 'analogue' cigs daily, how long will a cart last?
    3. How long is a battery going to last based on current smoking levels?

We are not trying to quit, just find a healthier/cheaper alternative to smoking. This is a 'dip the toes in the water before going for a swim' test at this stage!

Any help would be much appreciated, and I am sorry for my essay!

AVF Regular
    1. How long is an atty going to last me? An atty will last around a month, but some can last longer others shorter - there are ways to clean them
    2. Smoke approx 20, 16 strenth 'analogue' cigs daily, how long will a cart last? - I hate carts, they hold around 8 drips, 3/4 smokes worth - better to get 510D boge cartomisers for your 510, which hold about 20 drops and are alot cleaner. Dont need an atty for these as they have the filler and atty all built into one smoke filter like size, they are about $1 each and last around 7 refills.
    3. How long is a battery going to last based on current smoking levels? A 510 battery will last you around 2 hours before going flat, depending on how much you vape. Most start on these batteries but soon move to a 650 to 1000 mah ego battery and Low resistance atomisers or carto's as they are bigger but last you all day. Newbies almost never want this option as they want something that looks like a smoke, but within a month most have moved to an ego for longer battery life and more vapour. 2 510 batteries will most likely not last you through the day at work.

Just to let you know a pack of smokes is equivalent roughly to 3ml of juice, so dont leave your self short

If you just need more parts, you can get stuff from aussie vendors, within 48 hours, if you need nic juice order from Healthcabin but be carefull not to run out, as it can take 2 weeks to a month to get to you.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 06-03-12 at 09:46 AM.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Welcome to vaping.
    Atty's and batteries last 2-3 months.
    A cart and battery will last about 10 cigarettes worth before refilling/recharging. Carts are only good for about 6 refills then the taste goes sour.

A lot of people go to carto's for many reasons. Flavour and vapour production mainly. at about $4 each they are a cheap throw away when they go bad.

Personally I prefer the CE2, or Kangar. Good flavour, vapour and last longer.

CCC
    510 batteries last about 2-3 hours before needing charge. There are lots of videos on youtube you can watch while you wait for yours to arrive. Goodluck with vaping.

Thanks peeps for the helpful answers! Can anybody tell me also approx how much $$ you have saved by switching to vaping?

AVF Regular
    I have only saved minimal $ because vaping has turned into a new hobby and I buy $200 new ecig mods every month, but if you only buy what you need I would think you would spend less than a third on vaping compared to smoking - others more frugal than I will let you know

can anybody also please tell me if/what parts are compatible with the 510? If I feel the need to upgrade parts/all am I going to need to purchase an entire new kit, or can atomizers/batteries/cartridges be interchanged through other brands? I have noticed alot of talk about the ego and the 510-T what is the difference? Also the Type A and Type B atomizers? I feel really silly asking these questions, but I think I am asking google the wrong questions!

AVF Regular
    any 510 threaded device will work with these, but some ego and tank gear will look a bit silly with the 510 batts and the battery life will be low. You aren't supposed to use any low resistance stuff on the 510 batteries either, as they may damage the life off you battery. Generally low resistance gear will increase the amount of vapor you get - but may degrade the flavour a tad, up to you which way you go, but you will need ego batteries to use them (they are 510 threaded). As long as you have enough nic juice, then try your kit for a while and do some research for a while before you order again. What you think you want now will change 10 times over the next 3 months, as you learn more.

I put in 4 additional orders when I first started, and hadn't even received my original kit (like yours) yet. Half the stuff I ordered I never used.

You dont need to buy starter kits, you can but everything by it self,it depends how much you want and what you want to work out the most cost effective approach - kits, asian suppliers like healthcabin or aussie suppliers

A good thread to read would be this one that http://forums.aussievapers.com/new-v...-my-order.html

in this bluesteel asks many similar questions and gets some varied answers, before he places his order, and then provides some newbie thoughts after he gets his kit.

In vaping often what one person likes other hate, so its always a bit of trial and error to find what you like. Most important thing is that there are 100's of options so if you aren't happy with your first kit, ask questions and you will get answers to find what works for you.

Goodluck
    Last edited by Mickg33; 06-03-12 at 10:52 AM.

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by Number23 View Post
    Thanks peeps for the helpful answers! Can anybody tell me also approx how much $$ you have saved by switching to vaping?
    I spent around $200 on my first kit, broke even after 2 weeks, then bought another kit plus lots of goodies to try, broke even after 1 month. Now that i am happy with my set up, i only have to buy replacement cartomizers and juice, which costs me about $80 per month including postage into that expense, so i am saving roughly $420 per month. I was buying 1 x $18 pack a day.

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by Number23 View Post
    can anybody also please tell me if/what parts are compatible with the 510? If I feel the need to upgrade parts/all am I going to need to purchase an entire new kit, or can atomizers/batteries/cartridges be interchanged through other brands? I have noticed alot of talk about the ego and the 510-T what is the difference? Also the Type A and Type B atomizers? I feel really silly asking these questions, but I think I am asking google the wrong questions!
    Like Mick said any 510 battery, carto, atty will be interchangeable. The eGo is a battery with a 510 thread (screw part) which comes in larger sizes than the 510 batteries you bought. eGo sizes are 650mAh which last about 6 hours between charges, the 900mAh lasts about 9 hours, and the 1000mAh lasting 10 hours, obvioulsy the bigger the number the longer the battery length (physically longer).

510-T and eGo-T is the battery + a tank cartridge. This tank cartridge has no filler material in it and gets filled with your juice then it is snapped onto the atomizer. The atomizers shape is either type A (smaller whistle shape) and type B (larger cylender shape) If you have type A atomizers, you can only use type A tank cartridges.
    Last edited by CCC; 06-03-12 at 11:08 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast