Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Old member back and needs some help

AVF Regular

Old member back and needs some help

Hey guys im back here after a long lay off the vapes..

My story- short version

I was really into vaping about 3-4 years ago which help me completely quit as i weened myself off the nicotine in the ejuice and couldnt stand smoking just flavoured air with no throat hit.

i didnt smoke cigs for that peroid besides the occasional nights outs with mates... but now as im recently single i have been partying a bit which has led me to pick up smoking again and jeez they are expenisve these days and it really effects my training.

its quite frusturating as i had so much ecig equipment such as a provari, 100s of ejuiice flavours etc.

So my question is what is a basic set up these days? im assuming the egot starter kit is not the norm? Im not looking at getting into vaping full time again as i went a bit crazy on eqiupment last time. but i would like to use it to kill those cravings for a few weeks.

AVF Regular
    Basic starter kits we usually recommend:

Joyetech eGo AIO Starter Kit | VapeKing
    1500 mAh battery
    integrated tank - same coils as popular tanks
    adjustable airflow
    cheapest option
    Slightly looser draw than the T18/Prism below

Innokin Endura T18 or T22
    T18 is 1000 mAh battery
    T22 is 2000 mAh battery
    interchangeable 'Prism' tank
    adjustable airflow

Both of these produce more vapour than anything from years ago and are much more satisfying. Get a few spare coils for whatever you decide on.

If you intend to use nicotine a lot of people will recommend Hiliq, get some 100mg/ml in PG - Shipping time will be about 1 week
    If you need nic in a hurry, get 100mg/ml from Mixology in NZ. Shipping time is about 3 days depending on where you live.
    Ready to vape - RTV (zero nic) liquids from Australian suppliers are quite good now. Look at Five Ten, VapourEyes, Aussie Ecigs, Fenix etc.
    You can add some of your 100mg/ml to the RTV.

If you want to shop around for cheapest prices on hardware: www.vapeassist.com.au but the search is *very* literal. VapeKing are good guys though. Maybe also get some PG & VG in case you need to vape unflavoured or to dilute the RTVs

There's some new terminology.

RTV - Ready To Vape. Liquids sold in Australia that do not need diluting, you can just add some high concentration nicotine. You can still get doublers though... RTV can also refer to liquids purchased from overseas that include nicotine. eg Mixology and Hiliq.
    MTL - mouth to lung - a style of vaping that mimics smoking - vapour is drawn into the mouth first and then inhaled
    DL - direct lung - a style of vaping that mimics smoking a 'water pipe'. Vapour is drawn directly into the lungs. This is very popular with seasoned vapers, but is by no means universal.
    Subohm - Vaping on coils with a resistance of less than 1 ohm. This lends itself to DL vaping and requires very large amounts of airflow.

Both of the starter kits above are primarily MTL, but are capable of much greater airflow than your ego-T

There are starter kits for DL if you wanted to go that way but we find it's best not to push people in that direction unless it seems like it would be for them. It's just too much vapour for most smokers.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 01-12-16 at 04:42 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks soo much for that.

I've been looking at health cabin and it's overwhelming what is around these days

AVF Regular
    Do you any recommendations for online o/s selllers for decent premixed Nic liquid. Not interested in making my own again.

And I always used to mtl... how did people used to smoke it??? Hahaha

AVF Regular
    My mate has some liquid I made a few years back still will it be okay to smoke?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by g12528 View Post
    My mate has some liquid I made a few years back still will it be okay to smoke?
    No, but it might be alright to vape it :-D

It depends on how it was stored. If it was in the freezer or even the fridge then you might be in luck. If it was at Australian summer temperatures for any length of time then it might be brown, smelly, reduced nicotine content due to oxidation, and generally unpleasant.

Hiliq and Mixology both have RTVs with nicotine in them as well, but if you can go to the simple process of adding a little bit of high concentration nic, the companies I listed all have some very good RTV e-liquids.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by g12528 View Post
    Thanks soo much for that.

I've been looking at health cabin and it's overwhelming what is around these days
    Oh yes, it's gone silly in the last year or two. There's also lots of new technology that is not touched on in these starter kits apart from much better coil designs and airflow. It's normally better for people to start (or re-start) with the simple stuff that works and decide later if they need the more complicated stuff.

Even for me as a seasoned hobby vaper, I could get by just fine with an AIO or a T18 if that's all that I had available.
    g12528 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I tend not to recommend the US and UK for RTV liquids, especially for new vapers. While some of them are very good, they tend to work out expensive due to exchange rates on top of costly freight charges, and the shipping times especially from the US can be very long. Some US companies are refusing to ship to Oz since the FDA deeming regs came into effect. Shipping nicotine liquids via post is now problematic in some cases. Hiliq and Mixology use DHL and Fedex which are still OK, fast, and pretty reasonable from those countries.

Some of the companies I mentions may have some UK and US liquids as zero nic RTV, and due to the range of good liquids available that's the reason I recommend going that way.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 01-12-16 at 12:46 PM.
    g12528 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I bought the wife an Eleaf ICARE Mini PCC (Portable Charging Cradle) Kit Its really cool, no buttons to push just suck on it and away you go. The cradle is 2300 mah and can easily be mounted in the car with a bit of velcro I paid $35 for it and she loves it simple as. The TH is good and MTL on a 6 sec draw is excellent and the cloud is amazing for such a bubby. It comes in black as well.
    g12528 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Just one correction to Fab's advice - the ego AIO has a slightly looser draw the the T18/T22, not the other way around. It you like MTL get the T18/22.
    g12528, fabricator4 and 1ynne like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast