Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Noob to forum/Vaping

AVF Regular

Noob to forum/Vaping

Hi all,

Been reading/lurking for a few weeks and decided to sign up since Ive now purchased some hardware and feel like Im "In the club" lol
    Little bit about myself. 35 Yr old, Married, a bunch of kids, shop fitting trade assistant and soon to be back in school/uni ( Engineering )
    Been smoking since I was like 14ish and was until recently a HEAVY smoker ( 30-40 a day ) and now due to Vaping Ive not had a cigarette in almost 4 days, which To me is a Huge deal.

Hardware: Smoant Knight V1. Now with Smok Baby Beast Tank.
    Missus Hardware: Just purchased her a Kanger Nebox which shes loving.

Juice: Hiliq 12mg Mix ( Butterscotch )
    Next week buying a few premixes to try flavours out and dropping Mg to 6.

Also being new to it all, I was originally looking at a MTL setup. But when I saw the Knight in store and held it ( The weight Impressed me ) Ive had to adapt to DTL and after 24hrs of trial and error ( And alot of coughing fits ) I wouldnt look back.

Anyways its starting to look like a novel here. Cheers for having me lol
    Flea, gtadmin, Fatman and 13 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Good on ya for making the switch. Sounds like you did the research to make smart purchases from the get go and not get deterred from vaping. Don't be in a rush to drop your nic. But if do start blowing bulk clouds a drop to 6 may help avoid a bit of nic overdose

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    It is a huge deal when you find yourself not smoking, like i always say im astounded that my last smoke was just before i first pressed the button on my mod, and never again, getting close to 2 years ago now

Good on you for giving it a go and like Helixx says doing a bit of reading first!
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Cheers guys, yeah the only reason it wasnt a few days sooner was first thing in the morning It was hell on the lungs to vape with morning coffee. But both days It was only 1 smoke in the morning. Then I got determined and just rode the first vapes in morning out.
    Its been a steep learning curve but Im really enjoying it and the fact I havent had 1 smoke in almost 4 days is both astounding and makes me proud as punch.
    Flea, Fatman, Cath Mort and 9 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Dialing down the watts at the start of the day helps. It won't take long to work out what suits you.

AVF Regular
    Welcome Waylander and well done! Good to have the Missus on the journey with you as well

I wouldn't be in a hurry to lower your nic quite yet though. It takes a couple of weeks for all the nasties from the ciggies to get out of your system. Once they're gone, it will be easier to cut down the nic. You don't want to risk having any cravings and undo your good work.

Keep up the good work matey

Cheers,
    Cath
    Tara, stylemessiah, helixx and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Awesome work in getting started. You sound as though you are well on the way to successful vaping. My wife and I did the same thing, started together, although she had a few issues in the beginning, but persevered and here we are almost 7 years later, and no smokes since. Keep it up and feel free to ask any questions at all on the forum, as there are many experienced people here very willing to assist when needed.
    Cath Mort and Waylander like this.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

AVF Regular
    It is a lot easier when your both on board.
    I just wish she would rebuild her own coils.
    And stop claiming vape mail as hers when something catches her eye.

AVF Regular
    Yes helixx it sure is. I am lucky as she has zero interest in building coils (still uses cartos) and after starting on a ego way back, so moved to a Provari and thats all she uses. Does not like anything else, so vape mail for me is very easy. I am the collector and always trying new tanks, building coils etc
    helixx and Waylander like this.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Welcome and good on you!
    Waylander likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast