Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Carto questions

tez

Carto questions

Hi everyone,

Ive been vaping for about a month now and have been happily using my 510t system to vape.
    I ordered some boge cartos and just today have been testing it out. Filled it up using the condom method and started vaping, no dramas.

Couple of questions, using a tank system, I get to see how much juice is left before refilling. With a carto, I can only go by taste, or popping off to have a look.
    To me, in terms of simplicity, wouldnt a tank system be better?

Should I be able to vape more using a carto instead of my stock 510t tank?

Thanks

CCC
    There are pros and cons with both kinds, usually someone will prefer one over the other. Personally i find the flavour a bit better in a carto, but i do like the way you can see through tanks, so fo me i have found my perfect match with clear cartos.

Cartos eventually die, and you have to chuck em, where the tanks can be used over and over again. I like 1 piece instead of 2 though, but some people love the T system.

This is why putting a carto in a tank is a win win situation. It eliminates the only issues carto's have.

you get to see how much is left, no dry hits at all and a tank lasts most of a day for most people, more than a day for many. When its had its time, no need to clean, just chuck another carto in there. Or you can poke it with a wire and make it last a month as I am still doing with my longevity test carto
    AddictRick likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

always staying wet really does give a lot more life to the carto, my smoktech dct is still going well and I've only had to poke it out once so far...

I do find that once in a while the vapour and flavour seems to dip a bit and if I take it off and blow it out a little, some really dark juice comes out, when I put it back on and fire it up it gets a second wind

I think a certain percentage of some juices don't ever volatize and that leftover liquid hangs around and impedes performance while gradually burning, relieving the carto of that juice once in a while seems to help in my limited experience...

I first started noticing that in an eGo-T when the juice in the tank would gradually turn darker and darker but I couldn't work out why. I also noticed it in a vision extreme 3.5, it really affects the taste (sometimes for the better, sometimes not so much haha)

Darkened HC Wensten starts tasting like RY4 when it gets like that.
    Last edited by zainwolf; 07-03-12 at 07:04 PM.
    wood duck likes this.

AVF Regular
    Looking forward to trying these smoktech tank. Never was a big fan of the dual coils by themselves.
    timeout likes this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

tez
    By the sounds of it, might be time to try the smoketech tank system.
    If the carto is kept wet all the time, would you expect to get more life out of the carto?
    CCC likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tez View Post
    You'll also need to step up to an Ego or better as I don't think a carto / tank combo would work on 510. It'd certainly be pretty awkward at best.
    CCC and timeout like this.
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

AVF Regular
    Dont get me wrong I love the dct tanks, but I get a better th from a 510t but get warmer vaper from the dc. Maybe when I get a vv it will make the dct really shine

I've gotten over 2 weeks out of one DC carto in a tank so far, even though I haven't been using it exclusively I do hit it pretty much daily since it's full of the last of my RY4 hahah love the stuff

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by tez View Post
    If the carto is kept wet all the time, would you expect to get more life out of the carto?
    Yes that is what everyone is saying, cartos last nearly twice as long when you use them in a tank because they are kept wet. But like Flitter said, you should probably get a bigger battery to put a tanked carto onto, like an eGo or something bigger than a 510.
    timeout likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast