Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By e_tech
  • 1 Post By e_tech

Thread: Sub ohm coils 0.3 or 0.5 and smoothness for VW

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Sub ohm coils 0.3 or 0.5 and smoothness for VW

Hi All,

This may be subjective but I'm keen to know if vaping is 'smoother' using a 0.5ohm EC Coil for an eLeaf Pico in comparison to a 0.3ohm EC Coil?

I'm vaping at 26w using a 0.3ohm coil and I'm wondering if a different coil would be 'smoother'? I sometimes find it quite coarse.

Thanks in advance.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Probably more to do with the nic than the coil e_tech or the flavour, I use the 0.18 ECL coil in the melo lll mini and it is harsher at 18mg than 6mg but that's with unflavoured.

Thanks emu. I am experimenting with 6mg and 9mg and the 9mg is harsher but i'd have thought 6mg should be about right but it's still a bit coarse. Maybe i should try 5mg instead?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

emu
    AVF Regular
    1mg could make a difference but not much, some flavours are really harsh but there is so many variables which are discovered with time, what nic do you use ?

I find direct lung is the smoothest way to vape, 6mg @ 45 watts at 140 deg celcius with those 0.18 ECL coils using the melo mini, mouth to lung is uncomfortable for me these days.
    I'm not into throat hits anymore and love big clouds, I don't even feel it going down but I do feel the effect of the nic really well.

I'm using Outerworld Betelgeuse doubler with 18mg nic in 70VG/30PG to a final ratio of 60VG/40PG at 6mg. I'm only mixing up 10mls at a time atm until i get it right. Nice flavour BTW.
    I must try direct lung, maybe that's the trick. It's only early days for me so still learning. I just wasn't sure if the coil may influence things.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    The coil can influence things if your watt's are to high or low as does the air flow, With those coils you're using I found the juice ports were a little small for high Vg liquid.
    ECL coils have big juice ports and are really good with a high Vg especially if you're chain vaping.

https://www.blacksnakevapour.com.au/...nt=32706414086

Try unflavoured with different strengths of nic till you find a comfortable vape to rule out the flavour as the culprit then go from there, it just takes a bit of experimenting to get to a happy place.